Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #85
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
uh camero... sry but this time, i think you are wrong bro. ive seen the Z06 up close and in person at a dealership, and the vent on the nose really is open and functional. im not meaning to sound mean or anything, im just saying.

plus the corvette's hood opens the opposite direction that what the new camaro's hood will.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #86
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Really? I'll check tomorrow on both the Camaro and Corvette and if you're right I'll definitely shut up for a while!

edit: but I don't think so....
http://img.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-...llpaper_0c.jpg
http://autolivery.com/assets/cars/65128151-13sm.jpg
http://images.prosperpoint.com/image...16230-7203.jpg
http://images2.auction123.com/sizequ...05/06.jpg?w800

I guess I'm back to my old ways of breaking the bad news to you guys.... I'll try and think of something good I can tell you!.... I know.... you're going to like the real headlights unless you really have fallen in love with the test ones!

Last edited by camero; 02-26-2008 at 09:25 PM.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #87
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

im about 90% sure of it. if your are fright then... much respect, and cool
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #88
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

well camero, i guessi owe you an appology, sorry man. i guess the ones that i saw must have had that trim piece removed. but now, back on subject, as long as the vent looks real enough to trick me, like on the vette then im good!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #89
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Bah, not a fan of fake vents (what's the point) but since it looks like the cowl hood is still there, I'm happy.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #90
Fbodybuddy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8
REPEAT AFTER ME:

"......they are NOT the real headlights.........."

I got a feeling..and I am not trolling... this a legitimate question....even if they get rid of the other headlight/ driving light or whatever it is, the turn signal has to go somewhere. I don't think the concept grille with the turn signal in the corner would pass DOT specs. It doesn't look like the concept turn signal would even fit in the corner of the test car's front fascia. Turn signals are necessary. The light haters are gonna be disappointed.

Do like the brakes, though!! And the big wheels and the big tires and the cowl hood and the rear fascia and the dual exhaust and the........!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care, I'm gettin' one.
Fbodybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #91
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I still can't believe the lack of a wheel gap...I love it don't get me wrong, but when I look at the prepro Camaro, it makes my car look like it has a damn lift kit.
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #92
Fbodybuddy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8
Yeah, Kyle, I can't wait to get behind the wheel. Bet this car will handle like a roller skate. I believe everyone who loves Camaro will not be disappointed when it gets to the showroom..... by then we'll see the headlights

REPEAT AFTER ME:

"......they are NOT the real headlights.........."
Fbodybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #93
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Sweet
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Yeah even the Z06 and ZR1 don't have an open vents in front and it's a MAJOR styling feature of those cars. If you think about it it's obvious that the Camaro won't have it open either because hood latch (and actually the main structure that supports the radiator and the whole front end) is right behind there just like in the Vette. And yeah the rears are like the 69's as you can see in the all the pictures. The sheetmetal (including the gas cap) has been finalized for a LONG time.
You know...call me crazy - but this actually makes me feel MUCH better. THe vette's 'vent' was good enough to fool me, and apparently soome others.

And up until a month ago - I always thought the 69-67's rear vents were open as well...

So - if GM does a good job at making them Look real (like the Vette)...then I have NO problems with it. (Hell, even the latest spy shots have some of you thinking the vent was open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodybuddy View Post
I got a feeling..and I am not trolling... this a legitimate question....even if they get rid of the other headlight/ driving light or whatever it is, the turn signal has to go somewhere. I don't think the concept grille with the turn signal in the corner would pass DOT specs. It doesn't look like the concept turn signal would even fit in the corner of the test car's front fascia. Turn signals are necessary. The light haters are gonna be disappointed.
I've often wondered about this as well...but think for a second:
Challenger - has side repeater lamps (directionals mounted to the side of the car) And has directionals inside the grille area. So when the blinker is on, even if you're on the side of the car and can't see the one in the grille, you've got the side repeaters for you.

I think it will be the same deal with the Camaro (though, I wouldn't doubt the turn signals get a little BIGGER...but
Old 02-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #95
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Really? I'll check tomorrow on both the Camaro and Corvette and if you're right I'll definitely shut up for a while!

edit: but I don't think so....
http://img.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-...llpaper_0c.jpg
http://autolivery.com/assets/cars/65128151-13sm.jpg
http://images.prosperpoint.com/image...16230-7203.jpg
http://images2.auction123.com/sizequ...05/06.jpg?w800

I guess I'm back to my old ways of breaking the bad news to you guys.... I'll try and think of something good I can tell you!.... I know.... you're going to like the real headlights unless you really have fallen in love with the test ones!

Not listening... BLaaaaaaah BLaaaaah blah blah blaaaaaaahhh LAALALALALALALAAALALAAA LAAAAaaaaaaLLAAAAAaaaaa

Can't hear you.... Sounds like you said the hood vent is functional.. Awsome that is great news Yippeeee!!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #96
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Lol, you could make it functional, by what it looks like, its just a plastic fake vent...It might be ugly behind, but I doubt the little top cross section thing would lose any structural integrety and droop.
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #97
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
wouldnt a non functional vent mess up the aerodynamics??? atleast for the front. plus it would be gay, just like on the mustang. but then again it makes sense since mustang did it. but if your buying a car like a corvette i would EXPECT it to be functional compared to the camaro

and something completely different, does it look like the read disk is slotted??? and i hope it comes with that fatty back tire
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #98
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
wouldnt a non functional vent mess up the aerodynamics??? atleast for the front. plus it would be gay, just like on the mustang. but then again it makes sense since mustang did it. but if your buying a car like a corvette i would EXPECT it to be functional compared to the camaro
Not if its done right. Basically, a little bubble of air can get caught and then act almost as if its flush. Oddly, a functioning vent would probably hurt aerodynamics more than a non functioning one. But being completely flush would be better than either. But fluid mechanics was 2 years ago for me . . . I may be a little off
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote