Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
My nav system is my beautiful wife and a map. No buttons and it's voice activated. She may have a touch screen, but that's none of your business!
And people think Microsoft products have, lets call them idiosyncracies. :-)
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #44
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
What's cool about the ALPINE system is even the AC controls are touch screen; the FACTORY unit looks like it retains the stock AC controls and just uses the screen. So the "CLEAN" look of aftermarket is really what I'd prefer anyway. I wouldn't use MYLINK anyway, Most people use an iPod/iPhone with all their playlists anyway and both units have PANDORA so I don't see the benefit in wanting to stream music from your phone with MYLINK . You can even download your phonebook and make calls without touching your phone from the ALPINE unit...a few people on this forum have installed it and gave it good reviews

Last edited by IcePick06; 03-27-2012 at 04:13 PM.
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #45
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

"GM Dragged their Feet" -- would you have us put the cars out early if things weren't as they should be? Let's not forget that the auto industry has been thru the most harrowing time in its history...not to mention bankruptcies not only at GM and Chrysler, but hundreds of suppliers as well...that put the ZL1 project way behind in terms of when we wanted them to hit the market.....

"Kept their mouth shut" -- I must respectfully disagree with you - I don't know of any other manufacturer that has people who spend more time on an enthusiast site and answering questions than the Camaro team and GM. Further - no matter WHAT one says, it won't keep people happy unless you tell them exactly - EXACTLY - what they want to hear....I refuse to tell anyone 'exactly what they want to hear' -- that's the quickest way I know to lose hard-earned credibility.

The interior is not just like the ZL1. True - the black wheels are the same as the ZL1 - but the hoods and front fascia are different.....let me assure you that the ZL1 does NOT look like every other Camaro from the front or side....

I'm not exactly sure what we could have done to keep you happy with the entire process - but I will say this: Everything we do - EVERYTHING we do with Camaro has the customer first and foremost in our minds.

In fact, we're taking the 'Disciples' out very shortly to talk to them about many more things - remember - the "12 Disciples of which there are 15" have been involved with the Camaro since shortly after we unveiled the Concept Camaro..........we intend to continue our dialogue and meetings with them because THEY are your voices --- and we DO care!

I can't make your decision - that's something you'll have to do.

BUT - I'd suggest that you go back and re-read what the media is saying about the car -- and perhaps that will aid in your decision.......

Thank you Scott. You definitely care and I truly appreciate it. Your response makes me feel better.

I'm just frustrated with the process. I've been waiting a long time for this car, I've done all the reasearch, drove most of the competitor cars etc . I've ordered my ZL1 in october and it was built on Feb 14th. 1.5 months later nobody knows or says anything specific, just that there's problems and we'll ship it when ready. I don't consider that meaningful communication.

I still have faith in the car but my excitement is fading away. I'll be out of country for most of April which means I'll probably see the car in May - 3 months after it was built. That's the frustrating part. Seeing that the 13 will come out within 2 months with improvements and that cheaper cars get some of the options doesn't make it better either.

Anyways, I hope it will be as exciting to drive as everyone says it is - after all it's a "wish" not a "need", probably for everyone that buys it.
Thanks for your response.

PS. who are the Disciples?
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #46
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post

PS. who are the Disciples?
a group of camaro enthusiast selected by GM to represent what we ( camaro enthusiasts) would like the camaro to be. Here is an old thread about how they were selected. Best I could find with my phone.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #47
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6

Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
Quote:
My nav system is my beautiful wife and a map. No buttons and it's voice activated. She may have a touch screen, but that's none of your business!
2012 Summit White ZL1 Manual 6sp Blk 10 spoke, "Thanks Champion Chevrolet" delivered 6/9/2012 #1588
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #48
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Most aftermarket head units do NOT let you watch a DVD while driving! You have to override their protection against you doing that. In the case of older ones, simply running the wire that goes to the emergency brake to ground is enough. In newer ones, you need to do more.
Current pioneer units are move one pin in the harness and ground it with the ebrake wire. real simple.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I am not canceling my order, but I am not happy right now. What can you do though, I have to renew my loan on April 10th, starting to get that feeling in my stomach. You know the one, do I need this right now, should I wait and shop around, or put that payment into the house and just get a chevycruze off the lot,,,lol.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #50
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
The point is that GM dragged their feet, kept their mouth shut and negatively surprized everyone but adding features to the 13 when the 12 is not even out yet. It's like spitting in the face of all the people that put money down and waited 5 months. Then they give the same interior and wheels to the 1LE which cost 30% less money! So I pay to have the top of the line/unique car just to find out that 5 months later it looks like a regular car. That's great marketing, unfortunately agains the customers for ZL1.

This will be my first GM car and so far I'm very dissapointed with their approach. I pray to God that it's as good as they say it is when I drive it, otherwise I'll drop it in a hurry. Maybe they'll finally do something to positively surprize us soon. I think it's overdue. Sorry, I'm running out of patience here.

I am still upset about the delay because I am a whinner but this is harsh.

new model years are going to get new features this is a given.

The 1LE gets the standard wheels from the ZL-1 this is not a huge deal. the 1LE should be looked at as a positive. I will be a better handling and a bit quicer SS due to gearing for what sounds like a decent price.

I think poeple are frustrated and lashing out. I mean the 1 LE is not going out perform a ZL-1 and it does not really look any more like a ZL-1 than a SS IMO. not like any of that should matter but it seems to have people talking. it is alot less money but it is alot less car in some ways. To me this is the car people have been asking for - the LS7.

I would rather have A ZL-1 I than a 1Le still. I would buy a 1 LE over SS. all seems as it should be. to me the only thing I would have like them do with the 1Le is up the power a hair. a 1LE with an LS7 and I would be conflicted right now.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #51
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

"Kept their mouth shut" -- I must respectfully disagree with you - I don't know of any other manufacturer that has people who spend more time on an enthusiast site and answering questions than the Camaro team and GM. Further - no matter WHAT one says, it won't keep people happy unless you tell them exactly - EXACTLY - what they want to hear....I refuse to tell anyone 'exactly what they want to hear' -- that's the quickest way I know to lose hard-earned credibility.

The interior is not just like the ZL1. True - the black wheels are the same as the ZL1 - but the hoods and front fascia are different.....let me assure you that the ZL1 does NOT look like every other Camaro from the front or side....

I'm not exactly sure what we could have done to keep you happy with the entire process - but I will say this: Everything we do - EVERYTHING we do with Camaro has the customer first and foremost in our minds.

In fact, we're taking the 'Disciples' out very shortly to talk to them about many more things - remember - the "12 Disciples of which there are 15" have been involved with the Camaro since shortly after we unveiled the Concept Camaro..........we intend to continue our dialogue and meetings with them because THEY are your voices --- and we DO care!

I can't make your decision - that's something you'll have to do.

BUT - I'd suggest that you go back and re-read what the media is saying about the car -- and perhaps that will aid in your decision.......
GM kind of had to listen to our voices. If they didn't the Camaro wouldn't be what it is today unfortunately no matter which way you look at it. GM put themselves in a situation to become bankrupt, so whoevers idea was it to listen to an euthusiast site deserves all the creditability in the world.

The moment GM starts not to listen to us is when they will fail.

If you don't mind me asking whats the youngest age whom belongs to the "Disciples"?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #52
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Not to mention that Janet here is one of them and collected all our input and brought it with her. I don't know what better example you can have that they listen and on fact solicit input. I don't know of anyone else that does that.

Thank you GM!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #53
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
No my post was more to the fact that MOST AFTERMARKET units let your OPERATE THE NAVIGATION FUNCTIONS while driving. I have FACTORY NAV in my LEXUS IS350 and I hate that when I'm moving more than 1mph the screen locks up and I can't use it...aftermarket units don't do this. I would NEVER watch a damn movie while driving!
Gotcha! Sorry about that. Totally agree. What sense is the NAV when you can't change it while driving? Or for that matter if you have a passenger, they can't change it. My daughter has a Lexus GS350 whatever it is and her Nav is like that too.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #54
Hebe4

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
Talking

Quote:
I have one of those voice systems too. Mine directed me to the wrong city so I disabled it.
Hebe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #55
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I'm sure there are quite of few ZL-1 owners that won't admit it. Some will cancel and get the 2013 model especially since the delays and the new features/upgrades 2013 models get. I'm glad I'm waiting instead of rushing out to be the first on the road with one.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #56
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post

If you don't mind me asking whats the youngest age whom belongs to the "Disciples"?
For our very first Disciple meeting our youngest member had graduated from college the day before she got on the plane to travel to Detroit. I am one of the oldest, if not the oldest at age ummm....ummmm....old. I no longer actively race, but I believe I can still handle a Z06 and hopefully a ZL1 on a racetrack.

Just as Camaro5 covers the full spectrum so does the group of Disciples. Our job is to represent all of you.
Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wgas about a radio