Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
reason

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
putting new hood on... how to remove wiper nozzle question?

Swapping hoods, and before i break any clips by doing something wrong, was just wondering what the proper way to remove the windshield fluid spray nozzles from the hood is?

Notice theres a plastic "trim" piece covering the tubing and the two nozzles, looks like theres a clip that needs to be depressed on each nozzle to remove?

Figured i'd post before I started exploring. Thanks
Old 07-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
They dont come out easily. The plastic "trim" piece has a couple push in plastic pieces that clip into the hood, you can feel around for those and carefully pull them straight out. The nozzles push into rectangular holes in the hood. The nozzles have plastic pieces on each end that hold it in. I use plastic body tools to push in at the end of the nozzle and pull down, but they come out pretty hard. I swap two hoods back and forth so I've done this a number of times - the nozzles parts that clip in are sturdy and I haven't broken any of them yet. The trim pieces is more fragile and I think I've damaged them somewhat. The nozzles also push into the trim piece so they have to come out together, at least I haven't found a better way yet.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
reason

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
thanks for the reply - managed to just disconnect the tubing so i could take the hood off - should be a little easier to do once off the car.