Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 08-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
Kerr

Drives: 67 vette
69 body help talk etc fiberglass?

So I got around to taking apart my 30k mile car and either the original owner drove in Alaska for ever or broke it and it set in the bottom of the ocean I guess.

I'm over my poed going to puke feeling now and on to looking for parts. I understand amd is top notch on body panels, I've also looked at the places that sale aluminum, carbon fiber and glass.

I'd like to go metal on the doors back ie. 1/4s, trunk pan trunk lid bumper etc. And something lighter on the front end. I'm swapping the 355 out for a 496, might be bigger as it's broken from prior abuse, apparently the pistons packed there lunch, said screw it I'm gone and moved to the oil pan lol. Figure 30 over will clean it fine. Anyway it's all iron about 1100 lbs so I was hoping to off set it with lighter front fenders hood bumper etc.

The game plan is a plan jane car, black black stock wheels, stock guts etc. Might go white interior because that what it came with. Picture bone stock black copo looking with replica tires. With said of course it had to be quality stuff or I'll need an artist with body filler to make it work.

With all that said, got a few questions

1). Thoughts on carbon / fiberglass front
2). Aluminum?
3) just go back stock and add more power to make up weight
4). Any commits or suggestions?
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Synner

Drives: cars
I've never liked how fiberglass or carbon hold up over time. Cracking, warping, chipping, etc. Go all steel. They're not super heavy cars and that engine should only be 600-650lbs. Get aluminum heads/intake.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote