Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #7939
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
Some of the responses in that thread irked the heck out of me. I bowed out after two posts......not that I post much in the first place.

This is actually my first post in this thread, I think; though, I lurk it quite often.
Welcome to the House of Z!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I for one am truely glad JusticePete, fbodfather, and Number 3 are here...otherwise most of the stuff on here isn't even worth the time of day to read. It takes quite a bit of time to sort through the chaff to get to the wheat.
x Eleventybillion
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #7940
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
I for one am truely glad JusticePete, fbodfather, and Number 3 are here...otherwise most of the stuff on here isn't even worth the time of day to read. It takes quite a bit of time to sort through the chaff to get to the wheat.
I third that motion, and add my thanks/recongnition to them for their informed, objective (trying not to smile here) style. I admit to having also been dragged into some muck and I'm tired of as 3 says, arguing with IDOTS or IGORANT FOOLS.

htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #7941
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Finally, someone got the stripes right!

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/feature...rts-zr1-camaro
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #7942
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
The HouZe is a refuge; an island of serenity and sanity in a sea of sanctimonious silliness...

Fortunately, for those of us who have swam in that roiling sea, a rope is cast for those of us out of breath...and that line of reason draws us ever closer to the Houze...

Safe on shore, once more...as always...

BrotherZ, united.

For your Friday pleasure, may I suggest a roaring fire, a tasty beverage, your favored companion...

...and a lil Paul Hardcastle...

G'day!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #7943
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Fen, have you seen this?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #7944
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The HouZe is a refuge; an island of serenity and sanity in a sea of sanctimonious silliness...

Fortunately, for those of us who have swam in that roiling sea, a rope is cast for those of us out of breath...and that line of reason draws us ever closer to the Houze...

BrotherZ, united.

For your Friday pleasure, may I suggest a roaring fire, a tasty beverage, your favored companion...

G'day!
Well said sir.

May I suggest the drink for the weekend? Absinthe Drink enough an you will see the Green Goddess. Wormwood has been illegal in the USA for some time, but it is a key ingredient in Absinthe. Legend has it, it is a hallucinogen. If you like aromatic full bodied liquorice that just happens to be between 110 to 144 proof you'll like this.

1 Jigger Absinthe poured over a Turbinado sugar cube and then muddled in a short glass. Add 1 Jigger of ice cold water. Be sure to use your special Absinthe spoon.

I don't care what Bill Clinton says he did, you want to inhale the aroma. It is almost as enjoyable and drinking it.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #7945
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post

BrotherZ, united.

G'day!
I accept your proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Well said sir.

May I suggest the drink for the weekend? Absinthe Drink enough an you will see the Green Goddess. Wormwood has been illegal in the USA for some time, but it is a key ingredient in Absinthe. Legend has it, it is a hallucinogen. If you like aromatic full bodied liquorice that just happens to be between 110 to 144 proof you'll like this.

1 Jigger Absinthe poured over a Turbinado sugar cube and then muddled in a short glass. Add 1 Jigger of ice cold water. Be sure to use your special Absinthe spoon.

I don't care what Bill Clinton says he did, you want to inhale the aroma. It is almost as enjoyable and drinking it.

Hmmmmm, have yet to try absinthe.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #7946
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Finally, someone got the stripes right!

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/feature...rts-zr1-camaro
Absolutely!! That's how the 5th gen. Camaro stripes should have been all along, over and down to the bottom of the spoiler.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #7947
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Absolutely!! That's how the 5th gen. Camaro stripes should have been all along, over and down to the bottom of the spoiler.
Clyde
Yes and the front stripes are wider and only on the hood.

Also check out the shaved door handles and the functional gills. The 69' style lights in the front lower grill are pretty cool as well. My guess is low $100's.

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 02-03-2012 at 07:57 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #7948
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
Some of the responses in that thread irked the heck out of me. I bowed out after two posts......not that I post much in the first place.

This is actually my first post in this thread, I think; though, I lurk it quite often.
Well...Welcome!!! We hope to see much more of you!! After all - this IS the best thread on the forum!

Quote:
Agreed there, we have to mosey on down the trail from those diluded posts...I also agree with you on your point about JP, and would like to ad in my honest opinion JP is "the go to guy" for the straight scoop on suspension/handling/performance issues. I for one am truely glad JusticePete, fbodfather, and Number 3 are here...otherwise most of the stuff on here isn't even worth the time of day to read. It takes quite a bit of time to sort through the chaff to get to the wheat.
If nothing else...those guys (and a select few others) GET IT. Not only do they get it...they have more than enough mental capacity to make it matter.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #7949
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Have you guys been to the aZylum today. They are coloring in the lines.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #7950
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

I got an e-mail from Chevy Performance Vehicles today regarding the COPO concept, with an attached survey to determine buyer's intent. For those interested, it's been posted here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199873

Not exactly my cup o' tea, or my dram of Absinthe for that matter, but if you're smitten with the NHRA bug, this could be yours.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #7951
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Sadly...it came to this. Given a few remarks I've read in here, I thought perhaps those of you who felt this way could appreciate this.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199874
Old 02-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #7952
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Someone pour SuperMod a dram...he's lookin' like a sip might hit the spot...

"Sadly" is accurate, my friend. Put your feet up, and hit the "play" button on one of Mr. Hardcastle's "mellowdies".

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014