Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #29
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhardesty View Post
Ive heard of buying a one way ticket to buy the car, then drive it back.
LOL - that would be a minimum of 3000 miles ... more probably . We are WAY far north. For the amount of work time missed I'd be much better off paying to have it shipped back.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #30
smhardesty

Drives: 2001 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
LOL - that would be a minimum of 3000 miles ... more probably . We are WAY far north. For the amount of work time missed I'd be much better off paying to have it shipped back.
lol, yeah youre probably right. I live in Louisville, KY, so I've been searching dealer websites from the surrouding states. The car I wrote about just recently doesnt seem like a bad deal compared to the others I've been looking at. But people are telling me I can buy a NEW 2011 for the same or less price, but it's hard to find one for me.
smhardesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #31
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
how long have you been looking? How much of a rush are you to buy? Seems to me there are lots of people on here talking about the deal of the century. If you're willing to wait you could probably get a deal like that. The question is at what price point does it not become worth the time of endless searching, and waiting?

I'm at the point in my life where sometimes I'd just rather pay a little more, get what i want, and be done with it. It gets exhausting with all the looking and waiting. Time is money (or at least a repsite from working your tail off to make money) so you have to account for time loss too! Don't get me wrong, I don't just throw money around and being that way over time has left me in situation where if i don't want to be thrifty I can afford not to be.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #32
smhardesty

Drives: 2001 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
how long have you been looking? How much of a rush are you to buy? Seems to me there are lots of people on here talking about the deal of the century. If you're willing to wait you could probably get a deal like that. The question is at what price point does it not become worth the time of endless searching, and waiting?

I'm at the point in my life where sometimes I'd just rather pay a little more, get what i want, and be done with it. It gets exhausting with all the looking and waiting. Time is money (or at least a repsite from working your tail off to make money) so you have to account for time loss too! Don't get me wrong, I don't just throw money around and being that way over time has left me in situation where if i don't want to be thrifty I can afford not to be.
I've been looking for a couple months. I plan to buy at the beginning of next year, that way I'll have more money saved for a down payment and hopefully some new year deals and pricing and financing. So, I still have several months left to search and hopefully find that great deal.
smhardesty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2ss, camaro, dealer, price