Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Europe

Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
dutz

Drives: Mini Cooper S grey red stripes
Send a message via ICQ to dutz Send a message via MSN to dutz
Thumbs up Camaro in Switzerland

I just talked to the swiss Chevrolet Hotline and they still don't know the date of disponibility or the official european price but they are quite sure that it will be available at the beggining of 2010.

Did anyone have also a confirmation of an official importation in any country in Europe?

I can't wait so long for my Camaro. I'm in love with muscle cars since I have 10 years old!

Thanks
dutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
First off welcome to the forums!

And I suggest checking the thread in this forum called "Importing the Camaro to Europe". Pretty much all the info we have about the Camaro in Europe is in there. Sad to say it's not much info yet though.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
dutz

Thanks

I already read the whole "Importing the Camaro to Europe" topic really carefully

I can't wait until 2010 to have my Camaro 2LT... :(
Old 04-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Welcome dutz I hope you can get yourself a camaro soon.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
SSwitzerland

Drives: black 2SS & chopped Grand Le Mans
...super...

..so langsam gehts nun wohl in Europa auch los!

Hi und willkommen im Forum! kann's auch nicht erwarten, dass der cami endlich in Natura zu sehen ist! Mit viel Glück ist evtl. am Ami-Day in Oensingen nächste Woche einer zu entdecken.. mal sehn.. bist du auch ernsthaft interessiert??? Gruss Marc
SSwitzerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
ArmuS

Drives: '94 Park Ave Ultra, '96 T-Bird
Hi Everybody!

I've been reading here for quite some time now, really great site, awesome information, so now I finally registered.

I currently drive a Buick and a Ford and plan (hope) to get a 2SS/RS sometime next year. Hottest car on the planet!

Chevrolet's official Camaro page states under 'Global Development' that 'Ride and handling evaluation on varying road surfaces' took place in Switzerland. Does anybody know where and when exactly this happened?

@SSwitzerland:
Ich glaube nicht, dass in Oensingen ein Camaro zu sehen sein wird, ich denke, es gibt in ganz Europa noch keinen einzigen. Aber die Hoffnung stirbt ja zuletzt... Wäre natürlich Hammer, einen zu sehen...
ArmuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
dutz

Hi everybody!

I just talk with a seller from Fleetcar http://www.fleetcar.ch He told me that they will import unoficially the Camaro starting in June 2009! and then they will also have the official import (it's a Chevrolet garage), when it will be available...

As you can imagine, the price is really not the same!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 AM   #8
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
Welcome to the forum...I wish you the best in obtaining a Camaro
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Transmaro

Drives: Santana 3000
So you Swiss guys know best, how much will the road tax be on a 3.6 or 6.2 liter motor? Do you have to pay that every year or one time?
Transmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
SSwitzerland

...road-taxes...

hi, here in switzerland we have very various taxess... that's because we have 26..!!! small states (called cantons) in our country and every state has his own taxes - and tax-system. so in bern for example you pay the street-tax in direct line of the weight of the car... in some cantons you pay in the line of the ccm of the enginge. in the canton of bern i'll pay for the cami about USD 700 (a year).. the insurance (full cover/good risk/experienced driver) adds about USD 800 (a year)... not too bad.
heard from my dealer that he'll get the first cami beginning of june in ...
sorry for my horrible englisch..
Old 05-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
dutz

Hello SSwitzerland !

Your dealer will receive an unofficial import Camaro? (is it fleetcar.ch?)

Chevrolet Switzerland told me that the Camaro will be imported probabely on the beggining of 2010 :(

Old 05-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #12
Transmaro

Drives: Santana 3000
Thanks for the response SSwitzerland. Would you happen to know the situation in Solothurn? Is it based on weight or engine size?
Transmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:56 AM   #13
SSwitzerland

dealer.. / solothurn...

hi folks, yes it's fleetcar.. they are very engaged and sirous i think.. i get info as soon as the first toy there arrives.. i'll post ist immidiately..

..concerning solothurn, i'll check out till tomorrow..
Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #14
SSwitzerland

..taxes in solothurn..

..so...news:...in the moment in the canton of solothurn they pay depending the ccm/engine.. a car like the ss costs around USD 700... they are planning and stating by new laws from 2010 to change to a "pay for efficiency system".. means you'll have there in solothurn for every car a base-tax of USD 70 (this not in bern) than you pay e plus depending the energy-efficiency-chart (here in switzerland we habe "A - G").. for every level you have to add a plus of USD 100.... so in total the baby will cost you in solothurn still around 700 bucks - because of a probably "G" in the chart... may be the engine with the part-time cylinder-out will have a better chart.. ..and d'ont forget the assurance-fee...