Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #85
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife conVert View Post
Same thing happened to me one time. The Dealer Read the symptom in the book and suggested I bring it in. They asked if it could have been sun fade with the angle of the sun? I seriously doubted it as it happened in my garage.
But only happened once.
Definitely not sun fade in my case, I notice that from time to time. It completely went blank the 2 times it happened, and once was at night.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #86
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMason View Post
I took my car to a different dealer and after talking with Chevrolet they were told that it was a software issue and had them install an update. That was on Wednesday and I haven't had any issues since. I hope that it's really fixed. Time will tell. Wish me luck!
This is promising news SMason. We are looking forward to the final update on your service. If there is anything we may assist with, do let us know.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #87
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
@SMason I honestly hope that Chevy steps up to acknowledging this problem and does a recall on it to get us fixed up. /fingersCrossed. I would also like to find out if you have any details on what the software update fixed.

@Midlife_Convert Yea every time it happened to me, I actually remember and I know that I was driving away from the sun. So the sun was actually falling on my back no where on the windshield to actually create a sun fade.

@Camaro2ss2013 I don't have NPP on mine, so no Mild and Wild switch. Mine is just now running very dim and still haven't been able to recreate the random fade away incident.

@Benji1997 Benji you still have the issues going after the replacement module?

@Vjc834 Good to hear, its always good when you can deduct some options in hopes of getting closer to the real cause of this issue.. I honestly hope they would try to do the software update and see if that fixes your issue before going in and tearing open the dash. If you do not mind can you please try putting up that video you have? I have not been able to capture a video yet, so any kind of reference would be a good reference for me when I take it in on this Monday.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #88
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Hopefully you find a fix. Cause mine did this last night. Same story and all... I assume I won't be able to recreate it either...

All I could think of at the time...
Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #89
SMason

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS LT2
The most frequent issue was the MyLink display would dim and randomly get bright again. The next most frequent problem was the HUD would loose the radio information. There have been a few times that the HUD would turn off. So far everything is working. I really hope that it stays working. The problem with intermittent issues is that it takes time to know if its fixed.
SMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #90
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I have a similar issue. My car is '11 and the HUD is not working at all. No fading or flickering just not working. Its been about two weeks. I am not in the US currently but my wife says its driving her crazy. She is so used to using it. Is there a fuse I can have her check that anyone is aware of? Like I said I am not there so I have to talk her thru it. If there is a link for this that would be great also. I hope its a simple fix because as soon as I come home we're headed to the Fest and then I go away again as soon as we come back. I really dont want to have to take it to the dealer but its soundng that way after reading others posts. Thx
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #91
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Quote:
@Benji1997 Benji you still have the issues going after the replacement module?
No change. They even changed out the MyLink unit but had to replace the original one. I guess I will have to wait for a SW update for my issues.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #92
pmandeep

Yea I am going to have some time tomorrow, so I will get to take it to the dealer for its first oil change and see if I can have him do the software update for me. I know mine functions very dim right now, so hopefully I will be able to prove it to him by having him compare mine with any other Camaro on his lot. /hopeful
Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #93
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandeep View Post
Yea I am going to have some time tomorrow, so I will get to take it to the dealer for its first oil change and see if I can have him do the software update for me. I know mine functions very dim right now, so hopefully I will be able to prove it to him by having him compare mine with any other Camaro on his lot. /hopeful
Step number one is getting the dealer to admit there is a SW update.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #94
pmandeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
Step number one is getting the dealer to admit there is a SW update.
I think my dealer is nice enough to let me know if there is a sw update available for me, I guess I will find this out for sure tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #95
benji1997

Good luck....keep us up to date.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #96
Blau camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: #1 CAMARO FAN
HUD is a gimmick A useless gimmick just so meting to go wrong and what happens after warranty period is over GM will be like give me your $$$.
Blau camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #97
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blau camaro View Post
HUD is a gimmick A useless gimmick just so meting to go wrong and what happens after warranty period is over GM will be like give me your $$$.
Haven't seen a truly stupid post in awhile. Congrats...you win.

HUD is awesome. I love mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #98
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Haven't seen a truly stupid post in awhile. Congrats...you win.

HUD is awesome. I love mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
I second that. Thx for helping.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote