Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
thehulk

Drives: 2011 Synergy LT RS
Cool V6 FI Stats

Hey guys - i'm looking at the different options for a FI V6, and there are a couple options right now, which is an improvement over the past scarcity of aftermarket performance upgrades for the LLT. One thing that has consistently lacked, however, are numbers. I've read threads up and down but I cannot find a 0-60 time for the STS kit, RX, or anything ZMadness has done with all his work on his V6. I've seen few 1/4 times, and correct me if i'm wrong but were they not in the 13's? $5-$6000 and thats all so far? I'm just wondering if any of you resourceful fellas out there with the turbo's in your six's wouldn't mind posting a 0-60 time to see if it's worth it for the rest of us. Thanks
thehulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
Hey guys - i'm looking at the different options for a FI V6, and there are a couple options right now, which is an improvement over the past scarcity of aftermarket performance upgrades for the LLT. One thing that has consistently lacked, however, are numbers. I've read threads up and down but I cannot find a 0-60 time for the STS kit, RX, or anything ZMadness has done with all his work on his V6. I've seen few 1/4 times, and correct me if i'm wrong but were they not in the 13's? $5-$6000 and thats all so far? I'm just wondering if any of you resourceful fellas out there with the turbo's in your six's wouldn't mind posting a 0-60 time to see if it's worth it for the rest of us. Thanks
And you won't for the most part, which is why most people are worried, The word on the street is the tires won't hook and keep spinning, with the extra power causing numbers that impress to be hard to come by
Old 04-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
I'd imagine, if the tires could hook, probably 4.5 - 5.0 seconds no problems.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Vgav1221

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS/M6 Black w/ Orange Guts
most of the people with the turbos ect put them on cars with an automatic tranny....
Vgav1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
thehulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
I'd imagine, if the tires could hook, probably 4.5 - 5.0 seconds no problems.
i know gretchen has like 19's, which don't offer as much rubber on asphalt as the rs's wheels, or some slicks that you could get. could it be solved with more rubber, or better gearing? how does the ss manage the power so much better, since from what i've read so far a turbo'd V6 with weird issues is comparable to an ss.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
i know gretchen has like 19's, which don't offer as much rubber on asphalt as the rs's wheels, or some slicks that you could get. could it be solved with more rubber, or better gearing? how does the ss manage the power so much better, since from what i've read so far a turbo'd V6 with weird issues is comparable to an ss.
We also have an open differential. It's a little harder to spin two wheels than just one. I'm trying to decide what wheels and tires to get right now. I wanted to go with something different so we could compare, but I keep coming back to basically the same setup that Beauwulf has but with taller tires (can't afford to lower her much). That's a nice setup; the only thing I would change would be to go with Nittos, but they are hard to come by right now.

We'll get there guys, but 0-60 mph is not high on my list. I don't street race and stock it has more than enough go-go to pass so if I do it, then it just because I think of it while I'm logging one day.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
thehulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
We also have an open differential. It's a little harder to spin two wheels than just one. I'm trying to decide what wheels and tires to get right now. I wanted to go with something different so we could compare, but I keep coming back to basically the same setup that Beauwulf has but with taller tires (can't afford to lower her much). That's a nice setup; the only thing I would change would be to go with Nittos, but they are hard to come by right now.

We'll get there guys, but 0-60 mph is not high on my list. I don't street race and stock it has more than enough go-go to pass so if I do it, then it just because I think of it while I'm logging one day.
i dont know mang - when you think of a performance upgrade like a turbo, stats follow. it's just natural. personally i dont see the point of throwing down several thousand dollars just to hear the blow off valve every shift. you upgrade performance to be more competitive.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
...I'm trying to decide what wheels and tires to get right now. I wanted to go with something different so we could compare, but I keep coming back to basically the same setup that Beauwulf has but with taller tires (can't afford to lower her much). That's a nice setup; the only thing I would change would be to go with Nittos, but they are hard to come by right now.
When I read the other day you were searching for different wheels I immediately thought of beauwulf's setup. Nice looking rims and still 20", but lighter than stock for a good price. Its all win lol.

Quote:
i dont know mang - when you think of a performance upgrade like a turbo, stats follow. it's just natural. personally i dont see the point of throwing down several thousand dollars just to hear the blow off valve every shift. you upgrade performance to be more competitive.
I can agree with your statement. It would be great to have some honest real stats for once. But at the same time I also see it from Z's and Gretchen's perspective. The performance has to be there...Gretchen ran into the 13s after spinning out like crazy on video. A stock V6 would have ran well into the high 14s or 15 after a spin out like that.

I would think with a good launch 12s should be achievable.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
think rditten has his STS issues resolved... Haven't talked to him in a while but I bet he's itching to get back to the track! Just need to wait for SPRING to get here! (we had SNOW this week!)
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
And you won't for the most part, which is why most people are worried, The word on the street is the tires won't hook and keep spinning, with the extra power causing numbers that impress to be hard to come by
HDRS was well into the 12s with his stock tires running nitrous.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
HDRS was well into the 12s with his stock tires running nitrous.
I wasn't talking nitrous, but turbo's
Old 04-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
What is Beauwulf's wheel setup? anyone know? I'm personally doing some scoping for wheels and tires as well. I was thinking Ken Blocks BFGoodrich KDWs lol.

I was also debating 19" or 20"... not sure yet.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
That's what the LLT FI List sticky is for. As we get info we post it. I doubt you will see people posting 0-60 MPH times, though.

It is what it is. People will post what they want when they want. Don't mean to be bitchy here, but we made the leap and did something. Seems like everyone can just be patient and let us do our thing. If you gotta know, go buy one and post the details.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #14
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
What is Beauwulf's wheel setup? anyone know? I'm personally doing some scoping for wheels and tires as well. I was thinking Ken Blocks BFGoodrich KDWs lol.

I was also debating 19" or 20"... not sure yet.
Man it is hard to find anything in 19" wheels with decent tire options. Beauwulf has TSW Nurburgring 20x9 and 20x10 wheels with Hankook V12 tires. It's a nice setup, but I thought I would try something a little different so we had something to compare with (OZ wheels and Nitto tires).

He said he bought them from Tire Rack, but they said they don't sell TSW wheels or Nitto tires. Only place I can find them is DiscountTireDirect.com. They also list the Nittos I want, but they are back ordered. May just end up with the exact same setup as he has.

Tags
forced induction, supercharger, turbo, v6 llt