Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Question GMPP CAI availability?

Can someone tell me when the GMPP CAI will be available? GM Part Direct and my dealer told me it was a future part, and to check back in 30 days.

What's the story? I haven't been on here as much (working 3 jobs) so if I am missing something obvious, please don't give me a hard time

I would like to keep this car all GM....

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Just FYI i can fully understand wanting to keep the car entirely GM but know that in most cases you will be spending more money for less or at best equal performance just because you want it to say GM.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Just FYI i can fully understand wanting to keep the car entirely GM but know that in most cases you will be spending more money for less or at best equal performance just because you want it to say GM.
Ok. I figured I would get someone w/ this kind of response. Let me explain this a little further, I already have 2 highly modified F-bodies, and there is no national show they have not won, and their performance is mind-blowing. BUT, just this once, I want my new 2010 to be completely GM. Money is not the issue, although I will be paying UNDER $300 for this part. I totally appreciate your opinion, but the whole reason for this post was to try to find out WHEN this part will be coming out....

I fully understand there are cheaper and better CAI induction kits out there....this is not my first time on this band wagon. Ok?

So, once again, does anyone know when or heard when these kits will be made available?? Or if GM even plans on acutally selling them?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
Ok. I figured I would get someone w/ this kind of response. Let me explain this a little further, I already have 2 highly modified F-bodies, and there is no national show they have not won, and their performance is mind-blowing. BUT, just this once, I want my new 2010 to be completely GM. Money is not the issue, although I will be paying UNDER $300 for this part. I totally appreciate your opinion, but the whole reason for this post was to try to find out WHEN this part will be coming out....

I fully understand there are cheaper and better CAI induction kits out there....this is not my first time on this band wagon. Ok?

So, once again, does anyone know when or heard when these kits will be made available?? Or if GM even plans on acutally selling them?

Thanks.
i spoke to my parts manager at gm he told me gm likes to advertise all there stuff months before release .he is thinking maybe mid august to possiblly end of sept .he i think was just guessing .another guy there told me about 6 months .so who really knows. .my guess is gm will let other companies make there products see who has the best one out there .then they will copy it with the gm logo on it .just because they can .my opinion only on that .
Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Hopefully in time for Baby Jesus' Birthday!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post

Thanks.
Understood I was just trying to keep people not in the know from wasting their hard earned money. Obviously you are in the know. I just read too many times where people waste there money and I hate to see it, but I fully understand wanting to have a car with all gm stuff. I have a 68 SS and its nearly completely original no mods, thats the way my dad liked it and thats the way it is.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Quote:
Understood I was just trying to keep people not in the know from wasting their hard earned money. Obviously you are in the know. I just read too many times where people waste there money and I hate to see it, but I fully understand wanting to have a car with all gm stuff. I have a 68 SS and its nearly completely original no mods, thats the way my dad liked it and thats the way it is.
I would wait and see what the performance and final cost of the GMPP air intake is before you make the above assumptions…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Ditto your question and anxiety, Angela. I check Parts Direct and Newman EVERYDAY.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I remember seeing some where a Q3 availability, so that means it should be here pretty soon.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I would wait and see what the performance and final cost of the GMPP air intake is before you make the above assumptions…
Yeah, I'll reserve my comments until I see some dyno test done by some of the reputable tuners.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post

~10-15 hp and ~$500.00
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
~10-15 hp and ~$500.00
Nah it's like 320 something at gmpartsdirect. And I've heard it's for mostly looks so the 10 to 15 would be a bonus IMHO. Vararam for me.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Nah it's like 320 something at gmpartsdirect. And I've heard it's for mostly looks so the 10 to 15 would be a bonus IMHO. Vararam for me.

yeah, thru partsdirect... my bad. I was actually thinking it was ~$450 when it was first introduced. (but added a lil extra for shipping prices)
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Well spike your actually probably right I'm sure msrp or most dealers price will be 450 to 500.