Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/TF3
Transformation -> Bee to Beast

Well I probably should have read a few other journals to see how they organized them, but I'm going to start off with an introduction. My name is James, I'm 26, in the army, and have been in love with the Camaro since the age I discovered the meaning of "sports car". American muscle is what it's all about, and I think the bow tie is the best. That being said, this is the first Camaro I have owned. I've had my eye on the 5th Gen since I first got wind of their production. My time in the army, deployments, and other obstacles have kept me from owning my dream car up until recently.
I purchased "Bumble Beast" February 14th, 2012 and so far have done a few basic cosmetic mods which I will show. I'm very excited to bounce ideas off of everyone here and turn this Camaro into the sickest beast on the road.

Brand New Out Of The Box

First Cosmetic Mods:
Black, Carbon Fiber Pattern Vinyl

Markers Blacked

Tail Lights Blacked

So you can call me a nerd if you want, but when the Transformers movie came out, the very first one, and I saw the new 5th Gen Camaro... I freaked. I fell in love with the damn car... when I finally went to the dealer to decide which color scheme and options I wanted, I was determined to stay away from the "Transformers" edition, and get something not everyone had seen. I tried a few on for size, but when I walked past the new 2012 Transformers edition, saw the intimate details... I was hooked... and so I thought it would be a cool idea to take the language they used on the spoiler and front bumper, and put it on the sides of the car. I found a local tint place which did all my marker and light blackouts... and asked them to find a translator and spell out the word "Bumble Beast" in the heiroglyphics. Voila! here they are!! Since application, I've had multiple occasions where people will flag me down in traffic to ask me what they mean. I love 'em, and think they go great with the car.
Vinyl Decals "Bumble Beast" in Heiroglyphics

So I decided to go out and get these made, I'm a Chevy and Camaro die-hard. Would love to bring more people into the group.

-Update 04/20/2012-

So I've got my windshield decal in from RiderGraphix.com. Washed my car today in preparation of applying it and... rain... for the next few days. FML. Tomorrow I'm going to the local tint shop to see if they'll install it for me for cheap and talk to them about a new decal on my back windshield... Autobot Symbol with the bow-tie blended in. With any luck I'll get my 4pc million color led interior kit installed tomorrow too! Pics will be posted upon completion

-Update 04/22/2012-

I was finally able to get into my local tint shop and get the decals put on... "BUMBLE BEAST" on the windshield... and on the back, Autobot symbol with the bowtie blended in. I'm psyched, I love it, and already almost caused an accident on my way home from the stares. I decided to put the shop decals on my car as well, with how awesome the service has been. Enjoy the pics!

WINDSHIELD BEFORE

WINDSHIELD AFTER

REAR WINDOW BEFORE

REAR WINDOW AFTER

TINT INC - ONLY WAY TO GO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Bumble Beast; 04-25-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Update
Bumble Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
picked one of the loudest colors out there! Enjoy my friend, post up some pics when you get a chance!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Thanks for serving your country! Welcome and congrats. I'm a wanabee bumblebee. I love your ride. Suggestion for 1st upgrade is GMPP exhaust.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
picked one of the loudest colors out there! Enjoy my friend, post up some pics when you get a chance!
Thanks man, I definitely am enjoying it... plenty of pics up, take a look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
Thanks for serving your country! Welcome and congrats. I'm a wanabee bumblebee. I love your ride. Suggestion for 1st upgrade is GMPP exhaust.

Thank you. For exhaust I'm actually eyeing the Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust system.... sounds just the way I think a muscle car should!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
NICE ride. Not feelin' the door decals but hey to each his own. Pointless to blank out your license plate. You are the only TF Camaro with those "Bumble Beast" decals on your doors in Maryland I can promise you that now if I ever see your ride I'll make sure to write down your plate info.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
NICE ride. Not feelin' the door decals but hey to each his own. Pointless to blank out your license plate. You are the only TF Camaro with those "Bumble Beast" decals on your doors in Maryland I can promise you that now if I ever see your ride I'll make sure to write down your plate info.

LMAO... It was kind of a second thought, the blanking of the license plate. Once I get my vanity plates it wont matter, and you're probably right about the door decals. Don't think anyone else has them. I like 'em, that's what matters. Bumble Beast wanted a tattoo... had to give it to him.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
your Camaro looks awesome.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #9
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
LMAO... It was kind of a second thought, the blanking of the license plate. Once I get my vanity plates it wont matter, and you're probably right about the door decals. Don't think anyone else has them. I like 'em, that's what matters. Bumble Beast wanted a tattoo... had to give it to him.
He's not even 18? Well I guess they let you slide at the tatt' shop. They made you sign the parents consent form, huh?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
I like it..."bunches"....love the high wing....Nicely done....ABL99...
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Nice build, man!! I've always liked the Transformers theme. Way to make it your own!!! Very unique.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
your Camaro looks awesome.
Thanks, yours aint so shabby either!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
He's not even 18? Well I guess they let you slide at the tatt' shop. They made you sign the parents consent form, huh?
Ba ha ha! Nah, no parental consent form, they were too worried he might transform and wreck shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
I like it..."bunches"....love the high wing....Nicely done....ABL99...
I've always been a fan of spoilers that were raised, the 2012 Transformers edition came with it stock, which was just icing on the cake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Nice build, man!! I've always liked the Transformers theme. Way to make it your own!!! Very unique.
Thanks brother!! This is truly a passion of mine. Keep checking back as I'm nowhere near finished.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Update, new graphics.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
your "Windshield Stock" photo is not a photo of a windshield