Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
Awesome pics and story!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
That is soo cool! I just spend the last half hour reading and staring and drooling. You did an awesome job! Your husband is a very lucky man. Not only because of this awesome gift, but also for finding a car loving gal!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #17
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Thanks guys. I'm just glad it made him happy. He's also excited that his car has its own build thread here now lol. He and I both can't wait to add more.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
WOW !! Outstanding Job !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #19
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Painted all 4 calipers red today, put black trans am lgo decals ont he front 2 calipers, and put the ZR1 rims on it for the first time. It's hard to see in the pics but I put a custom made firebird on each center cap. Also taught the husband how to change his oil and thought I'd share the picture of what we found inside the rear tire this afternoon. O.o'

Old 03-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Awesome job and what a story. Your passion for all (man, car and family) really come though. You have a lot to be thankful for and even more to be proud of. thanks for sharing.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #21
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

At it again tonight. Took off the tail lights and both the front and rear side markers and started to black them out with VHT Nite Shade. First coat is on.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #22
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Took these off both sides this evening. I have some special paint coming by mail for these little guys. My only hint is that its one of the new colors that have been added to the 2012 Camaro.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #23
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Looks great!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Letters are done. And they are Carbon Flash Metallic. Funny how something so small makes such a big difference when I look at the car.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
Very nice love those t/a's

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #27
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Been discussing this with the husband for months now and we've finally come to a decision. Red Blaze will be getting a new paint job. Hopefully over this coming winter but maybe not until the beginning of next year, just depends on the size of the check I have coming and whether or not I get greedy and get my camaro lambo doors and a new interior first instead heh heh heh. Okay maybe just the Lambo doors.... We still have to go down to the bodyshop and get estimates and look at color samples but we're pretty set on a custom Bright Rally Red Metallic color for the majority of the car (my buddy down at the shop said he can custom create colors for us so this would be like basically taking her OEM color and adding metallic flake to make it pop in the sun). The side skirt panels would be painted Carbon Flash metallic as well as the lower back of the rear where the exhaust tips are (there is this line molded into the rear panel of the Trans Am that kind seperates the section a bit ... hard to explain). The Trans Am emblems will stay CFM. As for the bird on the hood, we're thinking about finding an airbrush artist to airbrush a phoenix on the hood and have its wings span over the front quarter panels and down the sides with bits of flame coming off the wings. The wings wouldnt span past the ends of the doors and I want the handles shaved. Also would like the bird airbrushed in shades of CFM but no idea if that is possible yet lol. I'll have to do the airbrushing later and work on getting the rest of the car painted first.

Can't put it off to much longer. The sail panel is growing worse and worse by the day and has already ruined the two vinyl birds on it that I just put on back in like april. At first it was just the top of the panel that was bubbling and now the sides are doing it to. It was once a GM TSB but is to late now to get it fixed by GM. :( Also been finding spots on the rear quarter panels that are bubbling just like the sail panel is just not nearly as bad. Lots of sun damage on top of the passenger side mirror as well and the driver side mirror is broken which I have a replacement for but it needs to be painted. Im wondering what is making the side quarter panels bubble. Its lower on the panels so its not a spot that gets alot of sun and the TSB was only for the sail panel saying that the adhesives used on it were the problem. However it seems like the hotter it is outside the more it bubbles on the sail panel. >.< Bleh.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #28
BAN ONE
Last of the Breed

Drives: 2002 Firebird TA, 2011 Camaro SS
I can haz my car thread now?
BAN ONE is offline   Reply With Quote