Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
That's what dealers would like to give you for your car so they can resell for a profit. I don't know of any dealers around here that would sell my car for only 12K. I do know of one that is selling '06s with similar mileage in the 20-21K range.
Like others have said, your dreaming if you think you're going to get 18K out of a 2005 GTO, let alone anywhere near that on a trade-in.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but there's not much chance of you making the kind of deal you are looking for.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #16
Musclebee

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Delivered on 4/23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYMFTR265 View Post
I sold my 2005 GTO to Carmax March of 2009 in anticipation of ordering my Camaro in October. I got $15,000.00 for it with only 14000 miles on it, a sunny day driver only and in mint condition. I was able to pay of my car loan atleast and buy my Camaro. Sure I lost all the money I paid on the car but I got the car I really wanted.
That's great did not know you already sold it, you will love the Camaro. My daugther and husband both have a 2004 GTO and they love it, it is a good car also.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #17
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
you have a great car, sure the Camaro is the newest and best but you should be reasonable about the situation and recognize that what you're driving isn't half bad. Try to save up a little bit of money and throw extra towards your loan payment whenever possible to get it down, then try to sell it on autotrader or in a personals. The Camaro should hopefully even go down in price by the time you get yourself situated
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #18
20101LTRSCG

Drives: 1LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM1181 View Post
you have a great car, sure the Camaro is the newest and best but you should be reasonable about the situation and recognize that what you're driving isn't half bad. Try to save up a little bit of money and throw extra towards your loan payment whenever possible to get it down, then try to sell it on autotrader or in a personals. The Camaro should hopefully even go down in price by the time you get yourself situated

Hate to throw bad news but price of Camaro's went up Jan 4th! I don't think they will be going down any time soon. Supply and demand. GM is having a hard time keeping up and as the article on the homepage points out they are not increasing production hours!

As far as the GTO is concerned. I am selling my car and going to be negative but I really want the camaro and am willing to take the loss now to have the car of my dreams. By the way, if your credit is good the differnec can be rolled into the Camaro. If you are planning on keeping the Camaro then it isn't necessarily a total loss. Good luck!
20101LTRSCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20101LTRSCG View Post
Hate to throw bad news but price of Camaro's went up Jan 4th! I don't think they will be going down any time soon. Supply and demand. GM is having a hard time keeping up and as the article on the homepage points out they are not increasing production hours!

As far as the GTO is concerned. I am selling my car and going to be negative but I really want the camaro and am willing to take the loss now to have the car of my dreams. By the way, if your credit is good the differnec can be rolled into the Camaro. If you are planning on keeping the Camaro then it isn't necessarily a total loss. Good luck!
I do have good credit, I bought a house a year ago. What do you mean by rolling the difference into the Camaro?

Thanks everyone for your input, I will most likely try and just sell it out right.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:40 AM   #20
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
does my ass count?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #21
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
does my ass count?
Beg your pardon?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #22
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Beg your pardon?
after looking at the payments that all i could offer
Old 01-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #23
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
What do you mean by rolling the difference into the Camaro?
Whenever you trade in a car that you owe more on then what they are willing to give you, that difference is added to the car you just bought. Let's say you owe $20k and the dealer is offering you $15k, $5k will be added to the cost of the car. The reason is that in order for the dealer to gain ownership of the vehicle, they have to pay off any liens on the title regardless of how much you owe.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #24
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
The used car market is tough for private sales right now.

Why would the dealer take a car at a loss or break even to make another sale. Dealers make about $1500-$2000 at sticker price on a Camaro SS. If they cannot make at least $2000, it does not pay for them to take a used car to resell for less. Especially at 20,000+ Miles if it needs brakes or more than likely, tires, etc. They need to sink money in to sell it, than forget it!

Sell Private, maybe $15K and satisfy the loan, then get a Camaro. Good Luck!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #25
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If your dealer really wants to make the deal, he may offer you 13-14k or so but that's about it.

GTO's are not in demand and the dealer wants to make a little profit. He will most likely try to sell your GTO for around 15k.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #26
speedtrip

Drives: TriumphSpeedTriple, Ridgeline
Don't do it. You will regret it. Please learn something from the 'current economic crisis'. Stop thinking about 'turning heads' or 'driving a SICK car' and get your finances in order. Don't think about the new payment, rather, think about how long it takes you to SAVE $5000 (not earn).

The Camaro will continue to be your dream car and that dream will come true someday.
speedtrip is offline   Reply With Quote