Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Cadillac Reveals Black Diamond Edition CTS-V

Cadillac launches CTS-V Black Diamond Edition
Exclusive paint process enhances richness of CTS-V surface
Link to Press Release

February 2, 2011

Quote:
* First use of JDSU’s proprietary SpectraFlair® pigment in North America
* Satin Graphite wheels, yellow Brembo brake calipers add style, performance
* Recaro seating, Midnight Sapele wood complete interior

DETROIT – Cadillac will offer this spring a Black Diamond Edition of the high-performance CTS-V that comes with a host of popular performance options and an exclusive tri-coat paint, also called “Black Diamond.”

The Black Diamond Edition, available in the CTS-V Sedan, Coupe and Wagon models, will be the first use by an automaker of JDSU’s proprietary SpectraFlair pigment in North America. JDSU, a Milipitas, Calif.,-based optical technology firm, specializes in cutting-edge color solutions for a wide range of markets. Its pigments are used in certain DuPont paints supplied to Cadillac.

In the CTS-V Black Diamond, a dark tri-coat paint is embedded with SpectraFlair Bright Silver pigment. While other luxury makers offer metallic paints, Black Diamond is created through a meticulous process that gives the paint added dimension.

Instead of simply containing small bits of metal, the SpectraFlair pigment in Black Diamond uses aluminum flakes encapsulated in a glass-like substance called magnesium fluoride. The result is a paint that has a diamond-like sparkle as light hits the surface from different angles.

“The CTS-V Black Diamond Edition is like a finely crafted, tailored tuxedo,” said Michelle Killen, Cadillac exterior paint designer. “The base color may be a simple black, but the details and richness of the material set it apart.”

Black Diamond helps Cadillac meet growing demand by luxury buyers for paints that are set apart not just by their color but also by their special effects.

“Auto makers and consumers are looking to differentiate the color black, an ubiquitous color in automotive,” said John Book, Custom Color Solutions product manager at JDSU. “Black Diamond offers the discerning Cadillac customer a special option color that stands out and remains true to their sense of luxury and style.”

In addition to the unique paint, CTS-V Black Diamond comes standard with content that complements its look and feel. The special edition has:

* Satin Graphite 19-inch wheels with yellow Brembo brake calipers. These six-piston front, four-piston back brake calipers provide exceptional stopping capabilities.
* Recaro seats that feature 14 adjustable elements, French-stitched leather and microfiber suede inserts in the center sections of the cushions and seatbacks.
* Midnight Sapele wood trim known for its durability and distinctive grain.

“We’ve already established V-Series as a serious sub-brand for Cadillac,” said Rich Pinto, Cadillac creative designer. “Black Diamond further establishes V-Series in the market as a performance-minded line of vehicles with a luxury twist.”

The CTS-V Black Diamond comes with a suggested retail price, including destination charges, of $69,190 for the manual or $70,490 for the automatic, a $4,850 premium over the CTS-V base price. The CTS-V Black Diamond will be available at U.S. dealerships in March.

The CTS-V Black Diamond Edition joins Cadillac’s award-winning V-Series line of performance luxury vehicles. The CTS-V Sedan, Coupe and Wagon all feature a supercharged 6.2L V8 engine with 556-horspower, Magnetic Ride Control suspension that reads and reacts to the road 1,000 times a second and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tire.
Photography

Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Already posted this in a few places on the site, but I figured it deserved its own thread.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
Man I just got a chubby......I WANT THIS!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Those yellow brakes calipers looks killer!!

Not A fan of the wood trim on the interior tho!!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
man thats what makes it a caddy......
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Thanks Fen'! I'm light headed again... That's a chunk of money for some trim but that's so worth it!!! OMG!!! I don't have to say what car needs that paint

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #7
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Those yellow brakes calipers looks killer!!

Not A fan of the wood trim on the interior tho!!
+1 I love everything else though. The wood would look better if it was brushed aluminum or carbon fiber.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Looks awesome. I wish it had a few performance upgrades though. . .
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
+1 I love everything else though. The wood would look better if it was brushed aluminum or carbon fiber.
Carbon Fiber all the way man!!

Wood trim is soo old school. lol
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that is Bad Azz
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Awesome!
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
I wanna see some real life pics. I feel these don't do the car justice
Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #13
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I'd think it'd be better with black/red... I'm just not feeling the interior color combo!
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Already posted this in a few places on the site, but I figured it deserved its own thread.
I'm glad you did!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote