Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
SSBN625Starr

Drives: Inferno Orange Metallic ZL1
93 Octane zero ethanol

Hi All - This is a request for information on gas stations in your local area that sell 93 octane gas with no ethanol. We've investigated some of the Pure Gas listed stations and found the list to be completely worthless due to the current trend of ethanol mixing. So we decided to take the bull by the ***** and come up with our own list. This list includes all the usual information (address, phone number, etc) and also contains data on when the information was lat verified.

Anyway, please contribute by visiting the website below and sending your information via the contact information provided.

http://www.dansstarrgems.com/93octanenoethanol.html

Thanx All!
SSBN625Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
You can edit the puregas.org listings. They are open to anyone to do so. I've taken a few off the list in my area when I found out they changed to an E-blend.

EDIT: For what it's worth, all the Kwik Trips in my region are ethanol free premium, though the octane is only 91. I think the BP in downtown Portage is ethanol free 93, but the price is ridiculous (often 50 to 65 cents more than regular).
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
ethanol free gas is pretty much a thing of the past. each year the government increase the number of gallons of ethanol that has to be used. on top of that, the amount of gas being used has been steady or falling for the last decade. that makes if virtually impossible for any refiner to not add it. it's also why your starting to see 15% blends showing up.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
SSBN625Starr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
You can edit the puregas.org listings. They are open to anyone to do so. I've taken a few off the list in my area when I found out they changed to an E-blend.

EDIT: For what it's worth, all the Kwik Trips in my region are ethanol free premium, though the octane is only 91. I think the BP in downtown Portage is ethanol free 93, but the price is ridiculous (often 50 to 65 cents more than regular).
Thanx for the quick reply. I'll cruise down to Portage sometime soon and check it out.

Yes...I should have made changes to the Pure Gas pages. I'll make the changes this weekend. But my point is that you can go on a 93 no ethanol hunt and waste a lot of gas before you find one that does have the good stuff, precisely because people aren't keeping Pure Gas updated. If it was kept up to date, then I wouldn't have had to hunt for such a long time to find one.

I'll press on looking for the good stuff, so check back and maybe even compare Pure Gas list to our list. My goal is to find at least a few stations so that I can make trips around the state and the midwest.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
SSBN625Starr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
ethanol free gas is pretty much a thing of the past. each year the government increase the number of gallons of ethanol that has to be used. on top of that, the amount of gas being used has been steady or falling for the last decade. that makes if virtually impossible for any refiner to not add it. it's also why your starting to see 15% blends showing up.
Yes...too true. I've spoken with CITGO, and they say that they no longer deliver 93 octane no ethanol to anywhere in the midwest. All SHELL will say is that I have to check every individual gas station to check for myself. Not very helpful
Old 05-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
We have a local station that sells 90 octane ethanol free. I wish they did do 93 but what are you going to do? You can't convince the majority of people that ethanol is a major scam brought on by the lobbyists even with charts and graphs that prove it.
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
We have a Counrty Mark in Clermont that is still ethenol free. I've never really thought it an issue, tho, always try to go to the better stations for gas.. Its all going to change regardless. I guess it will become a bigger issue when they go 15% or more.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I will be beyond pissed if they start switching to E15. There aren't any pure gas stations in my area, so I'm basically screwed.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I will be beyond pissed if they start switching to E15. There aren't any pure gas stations in my area, so I'm basically screwed.

they're going to have to. as I was saying before, the amount of ethanol refiners are required to use goes up each year. with most gas sold with ethanol now, and demand for gas flat and or declining, the only other option to meet the increased usage demands is to increase the amount of it being blended into gas. the government doesn't mandate the percentage, they mandate the number of gallons the refiners have to buy and add to their gas.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
they're going to have to. as I was saying before, the amount of ethanol refiners are required to use goes up each year. with most gas sold with ethanol now, and demand for gas flat and or declining, the only other option to meet the increased usage demands is to increase the amount of it being blended into gas. the government doesn't mandate the percentage, they mandate the number of gallons the refiners have to buy and add to their gas.
Why doesn't the government worry about its own problems? Worry about bigger problems instead of what gas I put in my car.
Note: not a politically charged comment, I'm talking about government in general.

Last edited by mikeyg36; 05-18-2013 at 08:42 PM.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
TN 2010 SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I live in a little town in Middle Tennessee with <1000 people, but we have a Citgo station that sells ethanol-free 93 octane, and also ethanol-free 87 octane. They do a good business because a lot of folks around here don't want ethanol in their gas. The ethanol can also damage plastic fuel lines in chain saws, weed eaters, etc. I put nothing but the Citgo 93 octane in my SS.
TN 2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Why doesn't the government just GTFO of my life?
because the people who want the government dictating every aspect of their lives outnumber those of us that don't. unfortunately, as john Adams said, democracy is nothing more than tyranny of the majority
Old 05-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
because the people who want the government dictating every aspect of their lives outnumber those of us that don't. unfortunately, as john Adams said, democracy is nothing more than tyranny of the majority
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
SSBN625Starr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN 2010 SS View Post
I live in a little town in Middle Tennessee with <1000 people, but we have a Citgo station that sells ethanol-free 93 octane, and also ethanol-free 87 octane. They do a good business because a lot of folks around here don't want ethanol in their gas. The ethanol can also damage plastic fuel lines in chain saws, weed eaters, etc. I put nothing but the Citgo 93 octane in my SS.
Can you give me the name of the station and location? Then I can add it to our list.