Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
SCOTT430

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT
CONSTRAINT?

Does anyone know the process of when parts go on constraint. Is it from when the car is ordered or is it from when the car is picked for production that you are passed over if there are constrained parts. How can I find out if that is what is holding up my car. I heard right now, today its just the Navigation. But I also saw a few guys cars get picked up with Navigation. Also heard the Nav units were being held form the Verts? Very confused. Please help!! Just wanna know if I forget the Nav will the car go to production?
SCOTT430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Don't know the process but I believe the black wheels as well as the ECF hood is on constraint too.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Your sales representative should be able to answer this question. I believe the order can't be placed with anything on it that is on constraint. The NAV and ECF Insert were on constraint when my order was placed so I had to delete them or wait an indefinite amount of time for them to come off constraint.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
It is my understanding that constraints come into effect when the dealer uses an allocation to submit an order to GM. If at that time any items on the order are not available due to constraints, the order will not be accepted for production by GM. If a constraint occurs after an order is accepted for production by GM, then that order should not be affected by that constraint.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
Mattzl1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
My order got allocated on 7-19-12 and I was able to get the black wheels and ECF insert where some other people got there allocations that day and those items were on constraint. I was told there were limited supplies of those items and not all dealers got them. When the order is placed it will come back immediately if items selected are on constraint.
Mattzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
It is my understanding that constraints come into effect when the dealer uses an allocation to submit an order to GM. If at that time any items on the order are not available due to constraints, the order will not be accepted for production by GM. If a constraint occurs after an order is accepted for production by GM, then that order should not be affected by that constraint.
Yes and No.

Usually the order is placed against an allocation some options are completely UNRestrained and you can order any number of that item, some are on "limited availability" which will show the number to the dealer and some on "contrained" and not available at all.

If you pick something that has limited availability like the last DSOP cycle had on the ECF insert (i think they had ~140 available for order) and you order makes it to order status 3000-3400 (where they begin pulling the parts together) you're pretty much guaranteed to get the parts you picked.

If you don't make it to that point your order may sit until your order configuration is either unrestrained or "limited availability"
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
My dealers allocation also came in 7/19/2012. I had the ECF ordered but not the NAV. He told me their allocation would not allow the ECF and if I wanted that spot I would have to give it up, and wait hopefully for them to get another allocation, which there is no guarantee. Also there is a possiblity that if they do indeed get another allocation it also might not be able to have the ECF. Thought about it, got opinions from others on the website and saw them side by side. Needless to say I changed my order and am sitting at 3300 tpw 8/6. No regrets! There is a forum saying that alot of the ECF's are having problems with cracking, so I'm really glad I changed.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Your sales representative should be able to answer this question. I believe the order can't be placed with anything on it that is on constraint. The NAV and ECF Insert were on constraint when my order was placed so I had to delete them or wait an indefinite amount of time for them to come off constraint.
ha ha ha ha ha
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
My understanding after much research is:

A dealer will get an allocation to be used in a period of time, but has to be picked to use his allocation.

So my dealer has one allocation between August and December. He has to check every month to see if he can use his allocation (step one)

Step 2 If the dealer is lucky enough to have the privlage of using their allocation, then IF non of the options ordered are on constraint THEN and only then the factory will pick up the order.

Becky could verify this.
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #10
ZZZ

Drives: 10 SS Camaro
Get your shit together Chevy... Their Rims not Pandoras Box...
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
Get your shit together Chevy... Their Rims not Pandoras Box...
Whose Rims?
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote