Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
NastyCamd93

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
What's your take on nitrous on these V6 engines?

My G/F purchased a 2010 Camaro 2LT Auto which she fell in love with years ago when it was still just a 3D rendering. We quickly ordered an AIRAID cold air intake which I'm going to install tomorrow morning and a custom Borla axle back with Corsa clone tips.

The car ran 14.9@94mph with just a few hundred miles on the clock in very hot Tx weather. Now with the addition of the CAI and exhaust we are thinking of pulling the trigger on a nitrous kit and getting into the 13's.

Anyone have experience with nitrous on these cars yet? Is it even a good idea; I've heard these engines respond well to forced induction but never seen anything about nitrous.
NastyCamd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyCamd93 View Post
My G/F purchased a 2010 Camaro 2LT Auto which she fell in love with years ago when it was still just a 3D rendering. We quickly ordered an AIRAID cold air intake which I'm going to install tomorrow morning and a custom Borla axle back with Corsa clone tips.

The car ran 14.9@94mph with just a few hundred miles on the clock in very hot Tx weather. Now with the addition of the CAI and exhaust we are thinking of pulling the trigger on a nitrous kit and getting into the 13's.

Anyone have experience with nitrous on these cars yet? Is it even a good idea; I've heard these engines respond well to forced induction but never seen anything about nitrous.
Hmmmm... there is no FI option for these engines except N2O.. so kind of hard to say they respond well to FI...

Right now the only N2O kit that I know of is the ZEX kit... I ran a ZEX kit on my V6 Stang. Couple of things...

1) The Zex kit was a nice kit... I would however make sure you add a window switch! Probably want add the racer's package too.

2) I would make sure you put the car on a dyno to verify that the A/F ratio looks good. When tuning becomes available then might want to look into a custom N2O tune...

3) The kit comes with a range of jets, from 55 to 100 HP. I would stick with the 55 HP jets until tuning becomes available...

Key to running N20 is to make sure you do NOT get GREEDY! N20 is incredibly addictive and you'll be very tempted to put bigger and bigger jets in.... trust me, i know!

hope this helps!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
StangKiller818

Drives: pontiac g5 gt
i would go with a 75 shot that would not hurt the car. but i will agree with scrming dont go trigger happy lol. i use to have a zex kit 75 shot in my pontiac g5 gt. its a fun kit. i was taking down 350 z, g35, wrx, ext....