Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #43
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
I almost pulled the trigger on the 1SS. A 1SS convertible is hard to find. And most other verts are v6 or 2SS. The 1SS seems to be unusually difficult to find.

I found one a few states over that I'm in love with. MSRP is $45+ and the Internet price is $42k.

The downside is I can't roll sales tax into the loan. I don't think it is possible for out of states loans and since my max loan is $42k anyway. That's not too big of a deal as I had some money set aside for potential down payment. I'm looking at about $3k between taxes and reg fees.

I'm not going to let my desire to own one trump my desire to own my dream one. The 1SS is a fallback if nothing else pans out but I'm not crazy on the price.

I'm checking with some other dealers to see if they can get this one from out of state and give it to me under $42.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #44
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
whatever you do get exactly what you want. it's a big purchase that you won't do often, so get what you want. Can't you just order one, or don't you like the 2014's?
Old 07-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #45
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Nobody can tell you what to buy, but listen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Hey guys,

I'm duking it out with the dealer now.

They found me a 1SS. Close to what I want but does not have the RS package but has the BA sound system (not something I wanted to pay for).

At first they wouldn't take my voucher as the vehicle is out of state, but magically said they could get it here by 7/31 (when the voucher expires) when I started to walk. After that they wouldn't negotiate down. List price is $41,230 - $1500 rebate - $1000 voucher for $38730. Out the door with 6.25% tax + fees is about $41,649.

What do you guys think?

My main requirements are: Black exterior, convertible, 8cyl, manual transmission. Everything else is cake. I would like RS - those headlights look killer - but not a deal breaker.

Thoughts?

Going far away isn't too practical to me. I'm looking at cost and having to fly somewhere and drive it home - too expensive.

You should be able to get a 1SS 1LE for the money you can spend. Drive a 1LE after you drive an SS, you will see what I'm talking about. Just did that a few weeks back. Drove all kinds of SS's, automatic and stick. The 1LE is hands down a more fun car. It is awesome, expescially for the price.

Unless you are stuck on the vert, the 1LE is the best bet. I would and did give up the RS for the 1LE. Drive it first then you will make up your own mind. In black the only thing that you will miss are the Halo lights. Important to some. The black ditch molding on the non Rs to me provides a great contrast especially since the 1LE has a flat black grayish black hood and splitter and satin finish spoiler. The standard black wheels look way better, meaner, tougher than the RS wheels.

One thing, it's alot rarer and will attract more attention. Close ratio gearbox is also more fun to drive on winding roads and around time.

Jim
Attached Images

Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #46
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
I know I'll get more power and start off quicker, but what else is the 8 cylinder good for?
Permagrin, Nuff Said
Old 07-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #47
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
If you were told most of the 1SSs are leather, then the dealer was a moron. The 1SS is no leather. If you want leather you have to get 2SS. That is one of the main differences between the 1SS and 2SS. If I were you, I would have one built for you. Price out a 1SS with the 1LE package and dual mode exhaust. The 1LE package is an awesome preformance package on the SS.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #48
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
I would check with Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet, she can have the car delivered to your local dealer, and has above average price and selection.

The V6 is more than adequate most of the time, but every once in a while, some punk is going to pull up to you and want to run, if that matters at all, step up to the V8. The 'Vert is a heavy car. If you get the V6, you are going to want to mod it to get the performance you want. Gas mileage is pretty much the same V6 to V8, IMO.

I would give up the convertible before I gave up the V8. Unless you are one of the few people who actually ride top down everytime you are in the car.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #49
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Are stripes a pain in but over the years? chip on edges wax in edges fading? Thanks
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #50
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Guys, he wants a vert, the 1LE is not available as a vert.

I don't have personal experience with Becky Rodgers, but she's sold Camaros to dozen of people on here. I guarantee you she can get you exactly what you want. I think she sells more Camaros than anyone else in America, ha! But give her a chance if no one local comes through.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #51
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
If you don't buy the RS package, you will always wish you had. The headlights and rims are well worth the money. I had the dual mode perf exhaust and I don't think I would have liked the car as much without it. The quad pipes are worth the money, and the sound is an added bonus. Manual transmission for sure, it is a muscle car after all.

Sounds like you're on the right track, just remember how hard black paint is to maintain. You may want to consider the ashen grey metallic (dark grey) to save yourself some pain

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #52
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
DaveA,
Congrats on your decision.
Awesome when life works out eh?

One thing you will learn on this forum is everyone loves to spend YOUR money and tell you what YOU want.

Stick to your guns, get what you want.

Personally, I travelled for mine, it was the exact color, the exact trim level and the price was out of this world... it took me several months to find it, and when I did the dealer was motivated to sell (winter).

Good luck!!!
Mark
Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #53
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
It is funny to have people recommend me things I don't want when I specifically stated two things I must have are vert and 8 cyl. I appreciate all the feedback, though. I get that everyone has their desires. Mine was a mucle car - v8, standard, vert. Those were non negotiable.

I pulled the trigger! And I want to thank everyone who told me not to settle and be willing to travel. I almost pulled the trigger this past weekend at the local dealer for a 1SS without the RS package. They wouldn't work much with me on price. If they had, I may have bit. I was anxious to pick it up this week and have it for next week on my vaca. I emailed the sales guy today and told him I went elsewhere due to being unhappy with the price they offered.

After deciding I might be willing to travel for the right car, I found one a few states over. About 7-8 hours drive. I just finished all the paperwork and will fly down next week to drive it back. Killer price. Killer. Highly rated dealer, too. I'm very happy and excited.

Black - V8 vert - 2SS
Leather interior with the inferno orange (I love it)
RS package!
Dual exhaust!
Had a few other features, too, like GPS nav, but for the price I got it for I'm not complaining. Performance shifter too.

I'll post some pics soon.

I'm on vacation for two weeks and I'm thinking of flying down Tuesday or Thursday, so I'll still have a full week and a half to drive it around. I'll likely put a few thousand miles on it during my vacation.

I'll post some pictures soon.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #54
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
It is funny to have people recommend me things I don't want when I specifically stated two things I must have are vert and 8 cyl. I appreciate all the feedback, though. I get that everyone has their desires. Mine was a mucle car - v8, standard, vert. Those were non negotiable.

I pulled the trigger! And I want to thank everyone who told me not to settle and be willing to travel. I almost pulled the trigger this past weekend at the local dealer for a 1SS without the RS package. They wouldn't work much with me on price. If they had, I may have bit. I was anxious to pick it up this week and have it for next week on my vaca. I emailed the sales guy today and told him I went elsewhere due to being unhappy with the price they offered.

After deciding I might be willing to travel for the right car, I found one a few states over. About 7-8 hours drive. I just finished all the paperwork and will fly down next week to drive it back. Killer price. Killer. Highly rated dealer, too. I'm very happy and excited.

Black - V8 vert - 2SS
Leather interior with the inferno orange (I love it)
RS package!
Dual exhaust!
Had a few other features, too, like GPS nav, but for the price I got it for I'm not complaining. Performance shifter too.

I'll post some pics soon.

I'm on vacation for two weeks and I'm thinking of flying down Tuesday or Thursday, so I'll still have a full week and a half to drive it around. I'll likely put a few thousand miles on it during my vacation.

I'll post some pictures soon.
Sounds awesome! Congrats, can't wait to see pics.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #55
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
congrats on the purchase...
driving a coupe= okay
Driving a vert= priceless!!!
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #56
CMYarb

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SIM 2SS/RS
shop around... it took me a couple months of digging, but i found my 2011 2ss for under 30k, with 6800 miles, well worth the four hour drive.
CMYarb is offline   Reply With Quote