Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Excitement wearing off?

I now have 2800 miles on my Camaro SS and I have to admit the excitement is starting to wear off. It used to be I could not wait to get the cover off and take it for a spin, now it seems like the cover is a lot more effort to take off and put back on so I just haven't taken the effort. The good news is that I am not putting miles on the car.

I am going to store the car for the winter so I won't be driving it, I hope that the excitement comes back full force come spring.

The "newness" wears off of everything; cars, boats, houses, wives, etc. so it's probably completely normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

The last couple of times I filled up I didn't have anyone come over and talk to me about the car. Although I felt that the constant attention had started to get annoying....I have to admit I miss it. I would be happy if GM stopped making the Camaro, that would keep it rare.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post

The "newness" wears off of everything; cars, boats, houses, wives, etc. so it's probably completely normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hmmmm.... What's the common denominator in the above .... It's your job to bring something new to the table to keep it fresh ...
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
That means you need to do some modifications Have you done any mods??
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Hmmmm.... What's the common denominator in the above .... It's your job to bring something new to the table to keep it fresh ...

They better keep on makin Camaro for a long time, I haven't gotten mine yet!

Just enjoy the car dude. Hopefully you bought it because you love it, and not because it makes you celebrity-for-awhile. I still love getting in my Camaro, and it hasn't seen celebrity status since 2002. In fact, my girl has to fight me to take her IS250 because I'm always pullin out my keys first. Love the car man, not the attention.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I think you are right, I am due to a new mod. I have been considering a new exhaust system but can't make up my mind which one I want. There has also been some talk about a problem with warranty so I am concerned about that. I don't want to screw up my warranty should I need it.

Last mod was a CAI which I am very happy with. Great suggestion about being due for another mod. I will be surfing the net tonight.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Bite your tongue!! Well.. The newness hasn't worn off for me yet.. Possibly because it isn't even here yet .. But you can bet your ass the waiting game is old.. And i haven't been waiting long at all..

But as for other things getting old..

Quote:

Russ
I got my Gibson Hummingbird about 6 months ago and have played it for hours every day since and don't enjoy it any less..
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I now have 2800 miles on my Camaro SS and I have to admit the excitement is starting to wear off. It used to be I could not wait to get the cover off and take it for a spin, now it seems like the cover is a lot more effort to take off and put back on so I just haven't taken the effort. The good news is that I am not putting miles on the car.

I am going to store the car for the winter so I won't be driving it, I hope that the excitement comes back full force come spring.

The last couple of times I filled up I didn't have anyone come over and talk to me about the car. Although I felt that the constant attention had started to get annoying....I have to admit I miss it. I would be happy if GM stopped making the Camaro, that would keep it rare.
All respect, but I had to inwardly groan at this post. You kinda answered yourself with the third paragraph - a car isn't always going to be new.

Someone didn't come over and talk to you when you filled up? Cry me a river, man! You have an awesome car. End of.

CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
We have 3800 miles on ours. Had it since Aug 29th and we still LOVE IT!! When I leave in it, he watches me drive away, and vice versa. We don't drive it to get attention. We could care less what anyone else thinks of it. It makes hubby and I extremely happy and satisfied every time we drive our car....so much so that we want to get another one (But probably won't. I'm wanting a new Equinox to replace our '06 Durango).

My point is, we have NEVER felt this way about a car. Our kids love it and we love it. It's part of our family to stay. Sorry you are getting bored with yours. I'll take it!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
55Designs

Drives: 2010
I am the easiest to get bored with a car and I had my car delivered with my full exhaust and Hurst shifter just to add to the fun factor. Next day I did the full suspension and more to come.

Now my car is really fun to drive all the time and the involvement alone makes me smile every time.

I can never drive a car bone stock unless its some ridiculous high powered noise making overpriced exotic.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!...

To me, it just keeps getting better and better every single day.....

Old 11-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
You're right man. Its time to move on. Drive to your local highscool. Park in the lot, then wait for the mob of excited kids to run up to check it out. Find the most psyched up one who keeps saying "man if I could afford one of these..." Then sell it to him or her for 10k on the spot.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
REBEL

Drives: 57 BEL AIR, 67 MALIBOU CONV, 03 SSR

I suggest you better hope they keep making them for years to come. There is already too many made to be considered rare. And if they stop building them the parts supply will dry up.

I know I have an SSR, …fenders, windshields, electrical parts are getting hard to find and we are only 3 years out of production. I’m stocking up parts and have others doing the same, it will come down to friend helping friend when needing parts.
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I personally think if your love for thus car grows cold you bought this car for the wrong reasons. It almost sounds like you bought the car for the "Glamour" of it. I say sell it.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
RMGee
Clap Clap

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3
Sounds pretty superficial
RMGee is offline   Reply With Quote