Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #15
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
The " side arms" stick up just alittle bit after I put the top down. I gently push them down alittle before I install my tonneau cover. I thought about bringing up to the dealer and ask if this is normal, but I haven't goten around to it yet.
I would get you pics but it's around 40 degrees out now and dark, but that sounds normal.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Here is a pic of mine. You can see the arms are up slightly. I push them down once in awhile and definitely if I am going to put on the tonneau. No problems with the operation and fit with the tonneau. I do notice that one of my bungees for the tonneau is close to fraying in half and this is the new design.
Never used my tonneau cover, just took it out last week and read the instructions to figure it out. Then I realized the dlr. didn't install the plastic "buttons" that the bungee cords on each side are to attach to. So I am debating taking it back or trying to figure it out myself.

Anyways, mine tonneau has never been used and both bungee loops are half cut on mine........why? Maybe to relieve stress but when I first saw it, it was like WTF?
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
angrybird, yes, my car was built a year ago, but was new when i got it. but, i just dont think a person should have to push or pull anything to put the toneau on. that just dont seem right, but i may be wrong. if i had to do that each time, i would have it checked out. these are expensive cars, just seems odd to have to push arms down some to get tonneau on. NOT, i made sure my tonneau bungee screws wee attached. they look like metal hooks. i do not attach the bungee cords unless i am going to do extended freeway driving 70 mph, etc. for just buzzin around town at 25 to 45 mph, the tonneau stays down ok.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Never used my tonneau cover, just took it out last week and read the instructions to figure it out. Then I realized the dlr. didn't install the plastic "buttons" that the bungee cords on each side are to attach to. So I am debating taking it back or trying to figure it out myself.

Anyways, mine tonneau has never been used and both bungee loops are half cut on mine........why? Maybe to relieve stress but when I first saw it, it was like WTF?
I use my tonneau anytime I am either going to have the top down for several hours or on the highway, just around town or for just a short while I don't bother putting it on. I have probably used it 70 times in the last year and 4 months and my bungee cords still look like new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
angrybird, yes, my car was built a year ago, but was new when i got it. but, i just dont think a person should have to push or pull anything to put the toneau on. that just dont seem right, but i may be wrong. if i had to do that each time, i would have it checked out. these are expensive cars, just seems odd to have to push arms down some to get tonneau on. NOT, i made sure my tonneau bungee screws wee attached. they look like metal hooks. i do not attach the bungee cords unless i am going to do extended freeway driving 70 mph, etc. for just buzzin around town at 25 to 45 mph, the tonneau stays down ok.
Thanks, Kevin, are you enjoying yours as much as you thought you would?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #19
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post

As for the buttons, if it isn't a hassle I would ask the dealer to install them, for free of course. Otherwise I think they just plug or screw in. Mine were already installed. That's interesting about your new bungee cords that look half cut. I have to check my other one now. Doesn't look right to me. I'll have to take a pic and compare notes with other members.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #20
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Angrybird,
I have a 2011, had the top replaced this year.Some things I have noticed are:

when top is down,
side arms are at a bit of an angle now.
top sits almost flush with rear seatback plastic molding.
top is far away from the rear deck(by the trunk), so no chance of rubbing.
I also find it much harder to latch than the original.
Tonneau cover fits but it is more snug but doesn't seem to be an issue.

and the most positive thing=no leaks!!!(knock on wood)
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #21
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
angrybird, yes its fun, but just driving it on weekends so far, has about 270 miles on it. will be DD in a month or so, still driving my old Firebird. the weather now is changing so top not going down much anymore, but i love the car. just the fact its new and handles so much nicer. i hesitant to drive it much till i get catch can. and i wont drive it in snow or ice. but after driving a 16 yr old car with basically no shocks and handling not great, the camaro is very nice.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #22
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Here is how my old top looked when it was down I never had to push down on anything. Notice the arm on the outside is just barely visible. So you can see why I was so concerned when my new top does not come close to being like this.
I'll take a picture of my new one later after it warms up today.
Attached Images

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 11-05-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Here is mine now before pushing down on it after lowering.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Here it is after pushing down on it, the arms are still way too high in my opinion.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Here it is after installing the tonneau cover,
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Here is the tonneau with my old top on it.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
That is not right.... go have it adjusted. Have not followed your entire story but when my top was replaced without a new water management bag my top rode high. When the new bag was installed the top then was about flush or just a tad above the rear deck.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
My facts are wrong... I just went back and rechecked. This is how the new top set PRE waterbag change. The caveat is that it was a new cover on the existing 2011 frame mech. Yours needs to be adjusted... that is pretty obvious. Good luck. I, of all people, know how nerve racking this all can be. Stay calm.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote