Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Fog lights w/ halo's

Hi guys about to order my halo's (amber), grill illumnation kit (amber)also so I can have entire front end done at same time I'm having trouble on deciding on if I want to go w/ the amber halo's in fogs or just amber fog lights cost looks like roughly the same either way once u add the drl harness for the fog lights if I go that route. Either way I go the halo/grill/mailslotscanner/ and fog bulbs or fog halos will be on anytime the is running w/ a toggle switch. Thought I would ask some u guys who have just the bulbs running with headlight halos and some that halo in fogs also. Any pros or cons to either? Like I said I can't decide on which way to go. Your opinions on which way looks better?
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
The fog/drl halos look better than bulbs IMO because they match the headlight halos. Very cool looking. I went with all colorshift.
EDIT: But on the other hand...the bulbs are so much less invasive in installing. You don't have to cut open the housing. That is something to consider as well.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Personally I like the fog lamp/drl halos to compliment the headlamp halos. It is one of the things on my to do list.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Personally I like the stock set-up and wouldn't change anything except leaving the fogs as the DRLs and having a fog switch to turn the fogs on after dark if I choose. I think the yellow fogs as DRLs look the best.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
tohper

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
The fog/drl halos look better than bulbs IMO because they match the headlight halos. Very cool looking. I went with all colorshift.
EDIT: But on the other hand...the bulbs are so much less invasive in installing. You don't have to cut open the housing. That is something to consider as well.
I thought about that but I would only use the orange so didnt see the point in spending the ectra money after this all I have left is my led rear bowtie then lighting mods done on to interior mods or saving... once my warrnty is gone going to have a new cam put in, lifters, cold air, and dyno...may do lambo doors first thow everytime someone not accustom to camaros goes to get out of my car they almost hit something until I scream at them. Thanks I was leaning towards fog halos more so myself
Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohper View Post
I thought about that but I would only use the orange so didnt see the point in spending the ectra money after this all I have left is my led rear bowtie then lighting mods done on to interior mods or saving...I was leaning towards fog halos more so myself
Right on. No need to spend the extra on colorshift when you're only going to use one color. I usually drive with green or white but occasionally will use purple or orange while driving. Blue, red, yellow, etc are fun but only when parked.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
If you don't wanna have to bust open your headlights you should take a look at the NightOwl kit...not baking, no breaking the seal in your headlight, and best of all...endless color choices all controlled from your phone!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
If you don't wanna have to bust open your headlights you should take a look at the NightOwl kit...not baking, no breaking the seal in your headlight, and best of all...endless color choices all controlled from your phone!

You can't go wrong with the Night Owl kit. I just keep adding to mine. Gonna have to get another module soon.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Here in Oregon any aftermarket lighting is show only thing as with most states, I the cops see yah they can write you a ticket and ask you remove it, That's why I just went cheap...A scanner bar rgb for shows and some grill lighting for 20$ at the local auto parts store on a switch. Car shows are not at night and I do not want to get tickets......
Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
tohper

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Here in Oregon any aftermarket lighting is show only thing as with most states, I the cops see yah they can write you a ticket and ask you remove it, That's why I just went cheap...A scanner bar rgb for shows and some grill lighting for 20$ at the local auto parts store on a switch. Car shows are not at night and I do not want to get tickets......
I have read state laws here in texas and I have a family memver that's a highway patrol said as long as they arnt red, blue, or strobing, flashing there is nothing we can do
Old 07-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Anyone have a comparison of how bright the rings of LEDs vs single LED setups like the nightowl setup.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote