Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Service Stabilitrac, No Start.

I searched, didn't find my exact problem. So Saturday I go get breakfast, usual sexiness with the car, no lights, no problems. I come home, park it in the same spot as always. Hours later I'm headed to a freinds house, I get in the car, clutch in, turn the key, let it ding once, and turn to start 'er up. Nothing. Totally dead. Then a wrench comes up "Service Stabilitrac, all the warning lights on the dash are lit up like a christmas tree.... Voltmeter said the battery is totally good, all my lights worked, not a dead battery issue... I checked all fuses, connections... I have no mods at all, totally stock. v6-m6. I got it towed off to the dealer, watching it go off was like a dagger in my heart... brand new car... and it's getting towed. So anyone have any ideas? I mean I'm sure they'll figure it out, but I want to know if anyone has had this issue.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Could still be a battery issue... it may have the juice to power the lights and accessories, but not the starter. When you try, the voltage drops down low enough to trigger all the warning lights and stabilitrack warning.

The complex electronics on modern cars tends to go haywire when the voltage drops. But I'm sure the dealer will sort it out for ya.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Figured it out. There must be a bad weatherstripping seal on the rear window/trunk because there was 2 inches of water under the cargo mat. The battery cables were corroded and the computer was just trying to preserve itself by not starting the car. This most likely explains my other electrical issues with gauges not functioning after initial startup sometimes, random warnings. Hopefully should be all good as of this afternoon. I really appreciate your response though clg_98ta See what happens when I post in the correct section? only 1 person responds haha, oh well, thanks anyway
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
stealthlizzard

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
Help!

You know -- recently I've had similar warnings of "Service Stabilitrac" for no apparent reason. And while driving (in the dark), on three different occasions, my headlights flickered, my doors unlocked, then immediately re-locked, (and this morning had a "door open" message accompanied with the "dinging" sound when your keys are in the ignition and your door is open) and the whole car just felt like there was a power surge.

I'm not seeing anything going on with the voltage meter either. It hasn't done it for a while till today. I bought the car in late June, and there's just over 4k miles on it...not really digging the feeling that it could die on me mid-trip. If it happens one more time I'll be visiting the dealership for assistance. But in the meantime has anyone else had this problem??
stealthlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthlizzard View Post
You know -- recently I've had similar warnings of "Service Stabilitrac" for no apparent reason. But in the meantime has anyone else had this problem??
Not sure if this will help, but just keep it mind to have it checked out next time at the dealer. I have been fighting the "Service Stabilitrak" light for about 11K miles or so. Just now starting to get to the bottom of it. One trip to the dealer, they discoverd that the wiring harness was partially unplugged, but the light came back on afterwards. Today, they discovered that the steering wheel angle sensor is bad. Hopefully, this will take care of the light. I have had it serviced numerous other times, but no real reason to the cause. A low voltage reading appeared one time doing the diagnostics, but the light continued to come on. So, I will coninue to take it to the dealer in hopes of finally eliminating all the possible causes. It just makes me wonder how many other things are partially unplugged or bad on the car.

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear about all the issues you guys are having. If your dealers aren't able to take care of you let me know. Hopefully this is something simple for you guys.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
My problem isn't so much with the dealer as it is with GM. They are not covering the steering wheel angle sensor that went bad. They claim that the mods on my car caused the sensor to go bad. WTH does that have to do with the cam, valve springs, torque converter, and exhaust. Well, if you look on the chevy trailblazer forum, a lot of those guys(no mods) have had problems with the sensor to go bad. So, I don't believe it is the root cause. Unfortunatley, GM is going to lose a good customer(me) for not covering this and for the local GM Rep. not returning my phone calls. Yes, I have already gone through GM customer service...and they really suck to talk too. Did not get anywhere with them at all. Too bad GM, I guess I won't be buying that new Tahoe in a year or two. Better to lose $322 for the sensor than to lose thousands of dollars in a guaranteed sale.

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote