Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
This timing business is such a pain in the butt. I never had to time any of my previous cars. Does anyone sell replacement bushings so that you don't have to ever time them again? Something that doesn't use the ferrile cores like the OEM stuff?
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
This timing business is such a pain in the butt. I never had to time any of my previous cars. Does anyone sell replacement bushings so that you don't have to ever time them again? Something that doesn't use the ferrile cores like the OEM stuff?
Give JusticePete a PM, Pedders makes a complete bushing package just for this!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

OK Pete, here's the printout! Keep in mind that this was a fresh XA coilover install as well as rear camber bolts which I did myself. The cambers in the front were set full negative when I tightened down the clevis bolts. The rear camber bolts were just rough adjusted.

Also, notice that he didn't achieve the .2 toe in the rear and is out of spec but he has them green. I gave him the new Pedders Aggressive street specs to go by! Thanks for your help!
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
just a guess here but , drive the car and measure again and mark exactly where ur wheels are so u can get in the same spot , i would think it wont be exactly the same all the time but like i said just a guess

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
OK Pete, here's the printout! Keep in mind that this was a fresh XA coilover install as well as rear camber bolts which I did myself. The cambers in the front were set full negative when I tightened down the clevis bolts. The rear camber bolts were just rough adjusted.

Also, notice that he didn't achieve the .2 toe in the rear and is out of spec but he has them green. I gave him the new Pedders Aggressive street specs to go by! Thanks for your help!

Mike,

The change in ride heights is directly related to the change in camber front and rear so you have NO WORRIES! Now the important question. How does your Camaro drive now?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Mike,

The change in ride heights is directly related to the change in camber front and rear so you have NO WORRIES! Now the important question. How does your Camaro drive now?
It rides great! My question is can I lower the rear by 6 mm to gain back the drop I lost without having to re-align?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
It rides great! My question is can I lower the rear by 6 mm to gain back the drop I lost without having to re-align?
Alignments are done in fractions of a degree. A 6mm change in ride height will have require the alignment be touched up. Go back to the same shop and tell the tech you believe the front end will be fine as is, but you need the rear toe and camber adjusted. You are asking for a two wheel alignment which should cost less that a four wheel alignment.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:

That's what I was trying to explain a while back. When they pull out that big negative camber number you actually lose some drop. Looks great now!

Turns like it's on rails now, don't it?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Yes it does!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #24
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Alignments are done in fractions of a degree. A 6mm change in ride height will have require the alignment be touched up. Go back to the same shop and tell the tech you believe the front end will be fine as is, but you need the rear toe and camber adjusted. You are asking for a two wheel alignment which should cost less that a four wheel alignment.
Will do! Thanks again Pete!