Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #29
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I say yes from an exclusivity standpoint.

I feel they should have made no more in 2015 than they did in 2014. If what I read was correct; around 440 2014 Z/28's where sold to the public as new (not preproduction, test, or demo cars, etc.). I think the numbers should have been the same for 2015 which would have given it even more exclusivity than it currently has.

I saw a video clip where Al O. stated that ZL1 sales has paid for the low production intentions for the Z/28.

Then again, if they did what I'm suggesting, I probably wouldn't have been able to purchase it under the GM end of the year event but instead would've had to purchase it flat out.......

As current Z/28 owners, what do ya'll think?
I disagree. The Z/28 and the Camaro was always the working man's performance car for GM. The car never should be exclusive at least not while using the Z/28 badge.

Then again over the history of the Camaro, we have seen different models be considered the "top Camaro." Even now you can have a debate - COPO or Z/28 or ZL1!

Me personally, I was never interested in this new Camaro. I thought they looked okay (the 2010s-2013) and even test drove one for the hell of it when my buddy bought his 5.0. Fun car? Sure but most big HP RWD sport/performance cars are.

The Z/28 got me to take notice for nothing more than its looks! The refresh made the gen 5 desirable to me. I used to own a Z06 (and it went away when the kids came). I really missed the LS7 and now that it was available in a car with a backseat - I was very excited. Then I heard more about the car.

I still love how hardcore it is but I think GM got away from what the Z/28 really was. The sticker price drove me away in a heartbeat. If it had been 60k right off the bat (the new GT350R will be 62k and the GT350 starts at 50 - imo the right price for a car like this) I think GM would sell as many as they could make.

Then again Dodge cant build Hellcats fast enough even with Dealers marking them up 5-10k

I have seen 4 C7 Z06s on the road where I live. Only 2 ZL1s (and my buddy owns one of them). But I have never seen a Z/28.

I was way too late on the 20% deal this past winter and hope it comes by again because I will park my ass into a Z/28 for 60k

IN all this rambling tl;dr - I think the CCB's should have been an 8k option and the car MSRP at 60-65. It would have sold better. And I don't think this car should have even been exclusive. Save that stuff for the Corvettes
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #30
Shark72

Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 Z/28,1972 Stingray
First, the Z28 is special, everyone should appreciate that. Second, whether or not in the future it is worth more $$$ who knows, If you can't enjoy it now, that is the real issue... For me the ZL1 is the bargain of the Century (Corvette + Cadillac CTS V = ZL1). Enjoy the drive along the way, don't wait till the end.
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #31
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Clearly, the answer to the question posed in this thread is "NO!". For evidence, one need look no further than this eBay listing: SEE IT HERE.

This car can be yours for the low, low price of:

$97,850.00

I guess I missed the part where Nebraska legalized weed...
Old 06-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #32
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Clearly, the answer to the question posed in this thread is "NO!". For evidence, one need look no further than this eBay listing: SEE IT HERE.

This car can be yours for the low, low price of:

$97,850.00

I guess I missed the part where Nebraska legalized weed...
Checked the link and it is a Callaway upgraded car. Large up charge to be sure. I could see someone somewhere needing some of the tweaks along with the SC, but I'm not taking a shine to all the goodies added that aren't needed.

Package SC652:

Camaro Z/28-based, manual transmission only
Engine Displacement – 7.0L/426 cu. in.
Maximum Power – 652 bhp @ 6700 rpm (SAE)
Maximum Torque – 620 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm (SAE)
0 to 60 mph – 3.7 seconds
1/4 Mile ET/Speed – 11.5 sec @ 124 mph
Standard Equipment
Eaton Roots-style TVS2300 supercharger
Liquid-to-air Intercooler, Integral to Intake Manifold Base (pat. pend.)
Increased Flow Rate Fuel Injectors
Callaway Camaro Carbon Fiber Injector Covers
Callaway Camaro High Flow Intake System
Callaway Camaro Low Restriction Exhaust System
Callaway Camaro Embroidered Floor Mats
Callaway Camaro Anodized Aluminum Door Sill Panels
Callaway Camaro Key Fobs
Callaway Camaro Badging, Exterior and Interior
Callaway Camaro Authenticity Documentation
Callaway 3 year/36,000 mile Limited Warranty
Optional Equipment
Callaway ShortThrow Shifter
Callaway/OZ Alloy Wheels
Callaway Coil-Over Suspension Package, Level 1 and Level 2
Callaway Le Mans GT Brake Package
Callaway Sport Interior Group
Callaway Center Console Upgrade Package
Callaway Camaro Car Cover
Callaway Factory Delivery
Callaway 5 year/100,000 mile Limited Powertrain Service Contract
Old 06-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #33
RSZ

Drives: 2014 Z/28 Blk. #374 A/C
Going by the Calloway site it adds about $35,700 to the base.
RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:54 PM   #34
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macalot View Post
Checked the link and it is a Callaway upgraded car. Large up charge to be sure. I could see someone somewhere needing some of the tweaks along with the SC, but I'm not taking a shine to all the goodies added that aren't needed...
Well, I've been on the road all day and am tired -- but have no idea how I missed the Callaway part...
Old 06-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #35
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Well, I've been on the road all day and am tired -- but have no idea how I missed the Callaway part...
No worries, I think we have all been there, and done that
Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 AM   #36
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSZ View Post
Interesting take on this: went to a cruise night yesterday at Gillett Stadium in Foxboro, MA. A little perspective on the size of this cruise, picture a professional sports team parking lot with a massive retail complex around it. Now picture rows and rows of cars, truck and bikes parked like it was "Black Friday". You get the idea. Maybe 4-500 cars and 100 bikes there.

Start time is 4 PM, I arrived about 5:15 and is was almost at capacity. Found a spot 2 cars down from a new Black Ferrari 458. He had quite a gathering around his car. I didn't have time to shut the car off and had a crowd. One guy was standing by my door as I stepped out and said "I followed you from when I noticed you pulling in from the highway. I knew it was a Z/28. Never seen one in person and I was not going to miss this. Can you open the hood?" Geeze buddy let me get out of the car

People were standing in line to take pictures, it was a crazy nite.

Did get to speak with a couple of new Z06 owners who were amazed at whT they did with the Z/28. One summed it up. They took all the good stuff from the last ten Z06 and stuffed it into and under the Z/28.

It was the only 5th gen Z there. You would be surprised at how many people knew all of the detail on this car but never had had seen one. To your topic question, 1000 total for a 2 year run a at lower price point would have sold them out before they were produced.

I'm very happy with mine with no regrets.

The guy with the 455? He left about 30 min. after I arrived. He didn't have the crowds any longer.
LOL nice story. The crowd left an Italian exotic to look at a Camaro
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:37 AM   #37
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Ill say they over priced them. Every CA Chevrolet dealer I've been to in the past week has had 2 Z/28s outside.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:21 AM   #38
Pat evil black Z/28

Drives: 2015 camaro Z/28
Start with ford building 100 gt 350 and 37 gt 350 r. They will be marked easy $15,000-$20,000 that if they are not spoken for already.
Black 2015 camaro z/28 #445 with ac
Pat evil black Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:45 AM   #39
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat evil black Z/28 View Post
Start with ford building 100 gt 350 and 37 gt 350 r. They will be marked easy $15,000-$20,000 that if they are not spoken for already.
Exactly, Ford is also testing the waters with making so few units. Yeah, I've read that the production numbers have significance but I also believe that they can use these sales as a good gauge to determine demand.

I've seen many here that like the price range of the GT350/R and I too think they're priced better than the Z/28 only because the prices are cheaper. I still hate the looks and therefore would never consider purchasing but nonetheless the GT350/R seem to be awesome cars from what I've read/seen on video. I just can't get over the looks.

Even at the Z/28's price range GM would've done much, much better had they built far fewer 2014/2015 units. As stated 500 max per year and less for 2015 when based off of 2014 demand.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS

Last edited by Front Runner; 06-04-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #40
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Exactly, Ford is also testing the waters with making so few units. Yeah, I've read that the production numbers have significance but I also believe that they can use these sales as a good gauge to determine demand.
Thought the 2016's were to follow immediately with no build restrictions on them whatsoever.

The 15's numbers were a throw back to the original GT350. Sure there will be those collectors who just have to have the '15 but the '16 will be the exact same car and readily available at dealerships.

Hot Rod magazine feed on my FB was claiming that the new Ford would have 528hp from a 5.2L. That GT350 will be a beast of a car for sure
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #41
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
Thought the 2016's were to follow immediately with no build restrictions on them whatsoever...
If they're going unrestricted in 2016, I assume that pertains only to the GT350 -- and not to the "R" version?

Last edited by brt3; 06-05-2015 at 12:27 PM.
brt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #42
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalot View Post
Checked the link and it is a Callaway upgraded car. Large up charge to be sure. I could see someone somewhere needing some of the tweaks along with the SC, but I'm not taking a shine to all the goodies added that aren't needed.

Package SC652:

Camaro Z/28-based, manual transmission only
Engine Displacement – 7.0L/426 cu. in.
Maximum Power – 652 bhp @ 6700 rpm (SAE)
Maximum Torque – 620 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm (SAE)
0 to 60 mph – 3.7 seconds
1/4 Mile ET/Speed – 11.5 sec @ 124 mph
Standard Equipment
Eaton Roots-style TVS2300 supercharger
Liquid-to-air Intercooler, Integral to Intake Manifold Base (pat. pend.)
Increased Flow Rate Fuel Injectors
Callaway Camaro Carbon Fiber Injector Covers
Callaway Camaro High Flow Intake System
Callaway Camaro Low Restriction Exhaust System
Callaway Camaro Embroidered Floor Mats
Callaway Camaro Anodized Aluminum Door Sill Panels
Callaway Camaro Key Fobs
Callaway Camaro Badging, Exterior and Interior
Callaway Camaro Authenticity Documentation
Callaway 3 year/36,000 mile Limited Warranty
Optional Equipment
Callaway ShortThrow Shifter
Callaway/OZ Alloy Wheels
Callaway Coil-Over Suspension Package, Level 1 and Level 2
Callaway Le Mans GT Brake Package
Callaway Sport Interior Group
Callaway Center Console Upgrade Package
Callaway Camaro Car Cover
Callaway Factory Delivery
Callaway 5 year/100,000 mile Limited Powertrain Service Contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSZ View Post
Going by the Calloway site it adds about $35,700 to the base.
I went to the Callaway site and saw where the Z/28 SC652 Package added $19,995.00
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote