Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #43
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
that would be nice if they did this earlier.....I've lost alot of money trading vehicles...especially on the g6 lost 10,000 in a year i also wanted to trade my truck and found out it had lost 12,000
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #44
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanakattack View Post
Don't see how this would affect too many Camaro buyers though, most of us will be taking delivery after April 30th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
What if the car doesnt come in between these dates? I ordered on 10/15/08 and got Event Code 3000 as of last Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain24 View Post
Move along people, nothing to see here, Worthless for most of us Camaro buyers. Most of us will still be on event code 1100 by April 30.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #45
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
The "GM Total Confidence" plan is available for vehicles purchased April 1 through April 30, 2009. For more information, please visit gmconfidence.com.
i may be wrong, but it doesn't say "take delivery by april 30". it just says purchased by. so it might still apply.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #46
SSCamaroNC

Drives: 02 Z28 Camaro, future 2010 SS2
http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/p...27=vanity_gm_c

Details:

The Payment Protection Program is provided by cynoSure Financial, Inc.

Purchase or lease any eligible new 2008, 2009 or 2010 GM vehicle from a participating GM dealer in the United States by June 1, 2009. Only Saab vehicles and medium and heavy duty trucks are excluded.

You have to be employed when you buy the vehicle and remain employed for 90 more days.

Then, if you lose your job due to economic conditions during the next 21 months you are eligible for benefits. If you lose your job for other reasons, you may not be covered.

You are not eligible if you are an active GM employee, a seasonal worker, are self-employed, retired or receiving a severance.

If you want to read all of the detailed terms and conditions of this program, simply click on the link on this page, which leads to a sample set of terms and conditions for the program.*

It breaks things down

Productions Protection
Family Protection
Vehicle Value Protection
Payment Protection

Last edited by SSCamaroNC; 03-31-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added
SSCamaroNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:12 PM   #47
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
So the car costs less in the US, they get way more cars first than Canada, dealers in the US have way more info than cdn dealers, and they get help paying for the car if they lose their job and trade in values are helped? And yet the car is made by Canadians and we get the big fat shaft? one hit after the other against Canadians here. no perks.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #48
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
So the car costs less in the US, they get way more cars first than Canada, dealers in the US have way more info than cdn dealers, and they get help paying for the car if they lose their job and trade in values are helped? And yet the car is made by Canadians and we get the big fat shaft? one hit after the other against Canadians here. no perks.
with regards to us never getting the same incentives. Happens all the time, not just with GM.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #49
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
So Ford will cover $200 more than GM and for 3 months longer than GM. Plus the 0%.

GM needs to do 0% for 72 months on ALL vehicles. If they do that, they will sell cars. I may just sell my G8 to by a Camaro if they do that.
Ummm....We gave them taxes payer's money. They better start doing a little more for us!

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #50
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazworth View Post
i may be wrong, but it doesn't say "take delivery by april 30". it just says purchased by. so it might still apply.
Not exactly. It says April 1 thru April 30. All of us who ordered allready, ordered before the effective date. But I'll bet you my deposit that the effective date will be the date financing is obtained.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #51
SSCamaroNC

Drives: 02 Z28 Camaro, future 2010 SS2
Deadline is June 1, 2009. I posted a few minutes ago not sure if anyone noticed.
SSCamaroNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #52
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Not exactly. It says April 1 thru April 30. All of us who ordered allready, ordered before the effective date. But I'll bet you my deposit that the effective date will be the date financing is obtained.

i see your point now. that really sucks for you guys.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #53
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroNC View Post
http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/p...27=vanity_gm_c

Details:

The Payment Protection Program is provided by cynoSure Financial, Inc.

Purchase or lease any eligible new 2008, 2009 or 2010 GM vehicle from a participating GM dealer in the United States by June 1, 2009. Only Saab vehicles and medium and heavy duty trucks are excluded.

You have to be employed when you buy the vehicle and remain employed for 90 more days.

Then, if you lose your job due to economic conditions during the next 21 months you are eligible for benefits. If you lose your job for other reasons, you may not be covered.

You are not eligible if you are an active GM employee, a seasonal worker, are self-employed, retired or receiving a severance.

If you want to read all of the detailed terms and conditions of this program, simply click on the link on this page, which leads to a sample set of terms and conditions for the program.*

It breaks things down

Productions Protection
Family Protection
Vehicle Value Protection
Payment Protection
Well then I guess I'm confused. The press release says;
The "GM Total Confidence" plan is available for vehicles purchased April 1 through April 30, 2009. For more information, please visit gmconfidence.com

So is it June 1st, or April 30th ?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:51 PM   #54
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
"You are not eligible if you are an active GM employee, a seasonal worker, are self-employed, retired or receiving a severance."

GM, WTF is that?! Basically this writes everybody off. Why bother to offer this plan then? I'm screwed because I'm self-employed? Absolutely retarded. I think GM needs to focus more on accomodating Americans that do more than their fair share of making this nation great, offering this plan and then giving them rewards for their loyalty and dedication to GM products. Does GM realize how many entreprenuers that are in this country? They need to stop being so damn selective. Otherwise, why bother to offer this plan in the first place?! I would think that at least three of the five qualifications listed for ineligibility would actually have steady income. Doesn't sound like GM has much "Total Confidence" in their customers and that is insulting. Retarded.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #55
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I'm mixed on this one. I can see how it will get people into showrooms, but more than likely it will get people into showrooms that have no business there to begin with.

Think about who this will 'protect' - the people without a sufficient emergency fund in place in case they lose their jobs in the first place. If you do not have at least 6-9 months CASH on hand to get yourself through something like this, you have NO business taking on a new car note.

This is a vicious circle for the automakers. While people are doing worse overall financially, GM needs more people to buy new cars, see the cycle? :(
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #56
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
"You are not eligible if you are an active GM employee, a seasonal worker, are self-employed, retired or receiving a severance."

GM, WTF is that?! Basically this writes everybody off. Why bother to offer this plan then? I'm screwed because I'm self-employed? Absolutely retarded. I think GM needs to focus more on accomodating Americans that do more than their fair share of making this nation great, offering this plan and then giving them rewards for their loyalty and dedication to GM products. Does GM realize how many entreprenuers that are in this country? They need to stop being so damn selective. Otherwise, why bother to offer this plan in the first place?! I would think that at least 2 of the four qualifications listed for ineligibility would actually have steady income. Retarded.
I do not understand the GM employee aspect (although they will more than likely be putting many more people out of work very soon), but I can easily see this for the seasonal worker as well as the self employed. If you are self-employed, think how easy it would be to 'fire yourself' on the books and get 9 months worth of car payments for free
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote