Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #155
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Although, I am more interested in 1/4 mile times than lap times, I think Chevy may know something???
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #156
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston94vert View Post
Guys, I’ve been following the Zl1 with excitement just the next guy.

I really don’t think guys arguing that the ZL1 will out perform the 2013 shelby has any real legs to stand one. Simply because previous spy shots shown the ZL1 testing and going after the current Shelby. Which is fine. 2012 vs 2012 come this spring, ZL1 will be the fastest muscle car you can own. They’ve done their job. However, come that summer, the tides will change a bit. I’m sure the 2013 ZL1 will also be closer to coming out, as well, as it will require just more refinement, not a completely new developmental process.

I’m loving the comments on hp is just numbers on a page, does everyone here suffer from short term memory loss? There was a point where the ZL1 was just numbers on a page. It takes a few months to actually get the product out to the people; you know this if you’ve been waiting on the Camaro. How long was the first Transformers out before we all actually saw a production Camaro??

People responding that this is a low blow by ford or just retaliation or last ditch efforts. Of course it is! It’s marketing, producing a competitive product, and then ultimately selling your product. There are lots of strategies in play, and it appears at the moment that Ford is playing the best one. Prior to this, I’m sure GM felt they were ahead. And guess what…5-7 months from now, it will be a different conversation yet again. GM will release information about the 2013 ZL1 and it will be numbers on a page. LOL

All in all, I’m super excited about all of this. This just means better cars and features for all the consumers. Poor Dodge is left in the dust on all of this…or do they have something up their sleeves as well!!! Only time will tell.

I know, this summer, I’m planning on purchasing a new performance car and trade in the current Shelby. Right now I’m leaning more towards the newest 2013 Shelby, but I’m not 100% made up yet.

You're one of the 'stang drivers that I can have an intelligent conversation with and enjoy contesting. That was totally reasonable and well stated.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #157
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

Whaaaat? Ford has a FAIL-burger and Chevy is full of Awesomesauce ?

(I like going fast AND turning.)
Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #158
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
The Nurb is the true test of a car and driver... speed and grip! Some tracks cars will do better with more power or more grip but there you need it all! I think ford is chicken because they will get there clock cleaned, all that power and they back down from a car thats 70hp down
Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #159
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I'll bet every 2012 ZL1 ends up spoken for. If that happens, then a GT500 in any flavor doesn't mean squat.

The ZL1 is an animal, and most people that's never had that sort of power won't know what to do with it on the street anyway. So imagine it was 660 HP. Who cares at that level?

I'm betting you can spot all the ZL1 owners from behind. The back of their head will have a backwards ZL1 imprint on it from the headrest.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 11-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #160
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
If anything the ring should suit the fords 650hp 200+mph claim. the ring has alot of long straights to let the ford get to its speed.
I dont see the 600tq ford running controlled on a tigher track with its tiny tires and jurassic suspension
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #161
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Soundsl like Obamanomics to me!!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #162
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This test would really be meaningless to us consumers anyhow. Both cars would surely be far from what we would be buying off the show room floor. The first tract test of the ZL1 wasn't evening with a factory car ,but a test vehicle. The only true way of knowing how these two will stack up to each other is when they hit the streets.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #163
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
You're one of the 'stang drivers that I can have an intelligent conversation with and enjoy contesting. That was totally reasonable and well stated.
But seriously, this should be the kind of stuff that people here already understand, I appreciate his post, but this is pretty basic marketing 101 stuff here, it shouldn't have to be explained to grown adults.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #164
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Nice to meet you, my name is D!ck.

You should see the lonely roads in rural Louisiana, they look like a slalom course. I defy someone who loves driving to take a car that holds the road so well between my house and town without pushing it around the curves.

I don't want to jinx myself, but in 30 years of driving, I've never left anything but rubber on the road, no glass, no plastic, no blood. That's what the steering wheel and brembo's are for.

Oh, extra points for the deer & cows I've dodged.
I grew up in SETex and I have family over in CenLA.. I know full well what you're talking about.. It's nothing to go for miles without seeing a single car, let alone another person (bike, walking, in a field, etc)...

There are plenty of side and back roads that are flat, open, no on/off areas, no traffic, no people, no ditch, etc... the worst thing that will most likely happen is you'll drift in to someone's beans, cotton or grains..
Old 11-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #165
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Every automobile manufacturer that has a true performance car takes it to the 'Ring' for testing and development work. The Ring will bring out the very best and the very worst features about the car. There has to be some reason why Ford does not bring their Mustangs there. They had no problem testing the Ford GT there, why not the Mustang. Ford is claiming the most powerful production V8 ever built. If you want to make a claim like that then you should be able to back it up. I say Chevy picked the Ring, take both cars there with their best drivers and see what happens. Then let Ford pick a track of their choosing, like Laguna Seca or where ever, and run both cars again. Each manufacturer picks their favorite track, favorite driver at the same time and the same place and lets see if the most powerful production engine in the world can stay with the most technically advanced Camaro ever built. Ford, the ball is in your court. Are you ready to play?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #166
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Ford can hire their own "hotshoe", that shouldn't be a problem at all.
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
Old 11-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #167
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
I'm liking this comeback from GM.

Wonder if Ford will counter challenge with a quarter mile run competition?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #168
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

The driver was not a professional "hotshoe".....

I seriously don't know why you hang around Camaro5.
to troll and start arguments... I wonder how many of the the mustang guys that come in here will actually be getting the '13 GT500.

Closed Thread