Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #29
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
Oh how I wish the 2014 rear would have been designed like this. Much better license plate and diffuser area.
Really , just look at the miss alignment between the bumper corners and the fenders !!!
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #30

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Aside from the focus group thing...lol...At least they are showing interest/plans to build Camaros into the 2020s....I'd say that's a good thing....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #31
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
There was an article in Road and Track about how the current 20s crowd doesn't care about driving and wants techno-transportation. That may be mainstream, but Camaros are not mainstream cars, they are niche cars.

GM should think about cross shoppers buying BMW 3 series coupes, Golf GTIs, Audi coupes, along with the usual Mustangs and Challengers. In my view they need to have an American (ie not Euro or Asian) offering in that mix to stand out. Mainstream buyers don't care about rear wheel drive either.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
There was an article in Road and Track about how the current 20s crowd doesn't care about driving and wants techno-transportation. That may be mainstream, but Camaros are not mainstream cars, they are niche cars.

GM should think about cross shoppers buying BMW 3 series coupes, Golf GTIs, Audi coupes, along with the usual Mustangs and Challengers. In my view they need to have an American (ie not Euro or Asian) offering in that mix to stand out. Mainstream buyers don't care about rear wheel drive either.
I'd say that is very true....Actually, even now, the biggest change in the Gen5 has been for gadgets like My-Link, back-up cameras. etc....

Hopefully future Camaros will still have some muscle car appeal, but probably "must have" the techno-stuff as well to at least stay current with what most other drivers want to keep the model line viable....
Old 09-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
I want a car with tires and a radio
Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #34
CTR_2_SS

Drives: 2000 Honda civic type-r
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
The comments illustrate that most buyers don't know what they want...
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoansDriver View Post
Some of those comments at the end were ridiculous. "I want a car you can drive out on the road". O K!
Just goes to show how idiotic my generation has gotten. I'm sure y'all will agree. No common sense what so ever, and the cherry on top is that it's rare when you find someone who as "brought up to be respectful".

Originally Posted by 90503
I would take heart in the fact that Chevy is building a car like the Z/28...

....That is, the creature comfort and techno-gadget crowd will not be interested in it...This tells me that Chevy believes there is enough wriggle room to build some Camaros that aren't overloaded with unwanted options and features that some of us don't care for...

....Hopefully they will build an affordable "muscle-car" in the future with performance and horsepower as the priority and not go full tilt in favor of the non-performance, gadget crowd....

Last edited by CTR_2_SS; 09-04-2013 at 11:14 AM.
CTR_2_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I want a car with tires and a radio

....That is, the creature comfort and techno-gadget crowd will not be interested in it...This tells me that Chevy believes there is enough wriggle room to build some Camaros that aren't overloaded with unwanted options and features that some of us don't care for...

....Hopefully they will build an affordable "muscle-car" in the future with performance and horsepower as the priority and not go full tilt in favor of the non-performance, gadget crowd....
Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #36
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

I totally agree with everything you said, except for the affordable "muscle-car". You have to pay for speed. Techno gadgets don't increase the price as much as the need for speed and handling.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #37
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I'm in agreement on making/keeping the Camaro a true performance car and not crapping it up with techno-gimmicks and non-driving "features" that have nothing to do with performance driving. If you want a home theater, post-your-trivial-crap-on-twit/book-whatever, watch movies, do everything EXCEPT pay attention to your driving while in your car...then get something else. Or just stay home and do all that. Keep the Camaro a performance car for driving.

Too many "features" and choices simply bogs down the driving experience. Keep it relevant to the mission of driving. If people want all that gimmicky stuff they can buy an Impala, Malibu, Cadillac, etc. and hold up traffic behind them at the traffic light because they aren't watching the road; they're scrolling through 50 different "features" on their touch screen.

I would like to see electronic "sets" that you can choose which customize the dash functions for the purpose you need. A freeway/distance set that shows mileage, gallons, destination, etc. The things you need to know when travelling. A commute set that has a timer-to-destination, traffic conditions, road conditions, etc. The things you need to know when driving to and from work. A track set that has temps, tire pressures, uses front and rear cameras for track videos, datalogs your track performance that matches the video footage, etc. A 1/4 mile set, an autocross set, a road course set; the things you need to know on the track. Set up and customize the car's electronics and displays for DRIVING. There's so much that can be done there instead of adding all kinds of entertainment crap that distracts the driver from doing everything BUT drive.

The twit/book generation are slave/addicts to a hive mentality that's going to dilute individuality to the point where they will actually want automated cars that they aren't even driving, so they can sit in the seat and text, twit/book, watch drivel videos, etc. They won't care about having any control over their lives or transportation as long as they can pretend they're "celebrities" because they see themselves in some form posted on the internet. It's tragic and they are clueless about where this is all leading them.

At some point in the future their kind will be in power and actually want to banish individual ownership; they'll want to create a mass-transportation system and the days of individual cars that people actually drive will be gone and mocked as "luddite", "retarded", "greedy", "selfish", etc. All the standard behavior-control words that this generation has become programmed to respond to. "Obey" will be their mantra.

Until then, enjoy your freedom to own and drive while we still have it, and vote for freedom to keep it as long as we can. I love to drive; I love the process and mechanics of driving. I love the feeling of connection to the machine and road. It's a wonderful experience/expression of form and function. To me cars are an art form; every bit as beautiful and magical as any true work of art.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I totally agree with everything you said, except for the affordable "muscle-car". You have to pay for speed. Techno gadgets don't increase the price as much as the need for speed and handling.
....For sure...I was thinking more of affordable as compared to what the Z/28 price will be...and even though it may not be much cost, whatever it is would help keep the price down on certain models so the speed and handling wouldn't have to take a hit or be viewed by the manufacturer that speed and handling aren't the desired priority ....
Old 09-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #39
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I do have to admit, right now is a great time to be a car nut!!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #40
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I wonder what software they're using that generates the perspective views...
Attachment 552895

I also hope they aren't seriously making design decisions based on the people they were interviewing in the last seconds of the clip.

I mean like.... you know like.... like..... I want a car that's like.... you know?

Wow.
No kidding. Of all the footage those are the responses that made it into the video?
Old 09-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #41
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
No kidding. Of all the footage those are the responses that made it into the video?
Lol you know I was thinking the same thing. Geez... if those are the ones they accepted, what were the ones like that got rejected!??

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #42
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I'll just put this here if ya don't mind...

Cite

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote