Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #29
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
sexier than what? Not the Camaro.

I frequently see an orange chally in the morning on the way to work and I can't wait to pull up next to him with the Camaro and say...

Good Morning? NOT!

there's an R/T at my friend's apartment building. i see it all the time when i visit her. it definitely ain't a bad-looking car at all, but my SS will smoke the crap out of it!

ps - that pic is awesome! did you see the video? the GM guy chewed those guys out for showing up with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Its the sexiest retro.

The Mustang
you're on crack!!

the challenger is even better-looking than the retro mustang.

opinions do not count when they favor mustangs!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #30
TheCavalry
Here it comes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS, '02 Lancer OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
OMG.

I can honestly say that ive seen all 3 in the past week... All 3 up close and personal for as much time as i want... and the Mustang is GARBAGE compared to the SS or SRT. Styling is easily the worst out of the 3. No contest really. The challenger is one of the most badass looking rides on the planet and the Camaro is just sexy as hell.

Ordered IBM 1SS 20" Polished Wheels

You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy? - Jason Kavanagh
Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #31
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
eh, honestly the challenger is the only styling that hit the nail on the head. the other two suffer in one way or another but aren't bad lookers either
Old 03-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #32
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Wow, it's no surprise that there is a definite bias against the Mustang on this board and rightly so considering it is a site dedicated to a Camaro model. However, there are also a lot of people in denial about the fact that the Gen5 Camaro and Dodge Challenger would, in all likely hood, not even be a reality had Ford not nailed the S197 Mustang when it was introduced as a 2005 model.

I my own opinion, I think the Camaro, Mustang and Challenger all have their pro's and con's and each have nuances in their styling that are going to cause certain people to love or hate them. I'm a fan of all three cars and each brings to the table something a little different from the other.

I think the exterior styling on the Camaro is great. I think Mopar would have a hard time designing a car that was more of a nod at the past than the Challenger and the Mustang is in the process of being a car that is less a tribute to it's '60's heyday and more of a modern performence car.

Calling the Mustang garbage or the Challenger a tank is not going to make anyone's choice in the Camaro seem better other than in that individual's own mind. If bashing other makes models makes you feel better about the car you have bought/want to buy, maybe your self-confidence and/or self-esteem could use some work.

I, for one, can't wait to see all of them on the road.

Last edited by garagelogic; 03-14-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #33
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Wow, it's no surprise that there is a definite bias against the Mustang on this board and rightly so considering it is a site dedicated to a Camaro model. However, there are also a lot of people in denial about the fact that the Gen5 Camaro and Dodge Challenger would, in all likely hood, not even be a reality had Ford not nailed the S197 Mustang when it was introduced as a 2005 model.

I my own opinion, I think the Camaro, Mustang and Challenger all have their pro's and con's and each have nuances in their styling that are going to cause certain people to love or hate them. I'm a fan of all three cars and each brings to the table something a little different from the other.

I think the exterior styling on the Camaro is great. I think Mopar would have a hard time designing a car that was more of a nod at the past than the Challenger and the Mustang is in the process of being a car that is less a tribute to it's '60's heyday and more of a modern performence car.

Calling the Mustang garbage or the Challenger a tank is not going to make anyone's choice in the Camaro seem better other than in that individual's own mind. If bashing other makes models makes you feel better about the care you have bought/want to buy, maybe your self-confidence and/or self-esteem could use some work.

QFfreakin'T
Old 03-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #34
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:

Calling the Mustang garbage or the Challenger a tank is not going to make anyone's choice in the Camaro seem better other than in that individual's own mind. If bashing other makes models makes you feel better about the car you have bought/want to buy, maybe your self-confidence and/or self-esteem could use some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
QFfreakin'T
GTFO
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #35
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
OMG.

What are you smoking??

I can honestly say that ive seen all 3 in the past week... All 3 up close and personal for as much time as i want... and the Mustang is GARBAGE compared to the SS or SRT. Styling is easily the worst out of the 3. No contest really. The challenger is one of the most badass looking rides on the planet and the Camaro is just sexy as hell.

Just today i talked a friend out of wasting his money on a Mustang.

What arent you smoking? The Camaro...well...

I'm gonna flip the Camaro and Challenger drivers teh bird!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #36
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
GTFO
You know "QFT" means "quoted for truth," right?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #37
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
I can honestly say that ive seen all 3 in the past week... All 3 up close and personal for as much time as i want... and in my opinion the Mustang is GARBAGE compared to the SS or SRT. Also my opinion the Styling is easily the worst out of the 3. No contest really. To my eyes The challenger is one of the most badass looking rides on the planet and the Camaro is just sexy as hell.

Just today i talked a friend out of wasting his money on a Mustang.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #38
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
mustangs blow. i respect mustangs as a threat, but the challenger is better, and the camaro is sooooo much better tht there isnt even a comparison, especially since the v6 camaro gets almost as much hp as the new 'stang gt. thts just pathetic on fords part. then again, FORD:Fix Or Repair Daily. and as for the styling, mustangs have looked almost exactly the same(except for wen they changed the grill in 05) since 1994. but they just look like shit. i know, im prejudiced, but i cant help it ford just SUCKS toooo badly.

Last edited by Supercamaro64; 03-14-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #39
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
You know "QFT" means "quoted for truth," right?
I think that's why he told you to GTFO right after saying it to the post you quoted for truth and ergo endorsed.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #40
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
mustangs blow. i respect mustangs as a threat, but the challenger is better, and the camaro is sooooo much better tht there isnt even a comparison, especially since the v6 camaro gets almost as much hp as the new 'stang gt. thts just pathetic on fords part. then again, FORD:Fix Or Repair Daily. and as for the styling, mustangs have looked almost exactly the same(except for wen they changed the grill in 05) since 1994. but they just look like shit. i know, im prejudiced, but i cant help it ford just SUCKS toooo badly.
Another well thought out and executed post. You add so much to this forum with your insight and comments.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #41
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Another well thought out and executed post. You add so much to this forum with your insight and comments.
there will always be post like that....at least he admitted it was a stupid post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #42
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:

Well the Camaro was discontinued with plans of being brought back from the very begining. Fbodfather said it himself.
and as for biases. I've been to the Mustang forums and yes they are very biased towards their car just like every other forum. However, I heard many of them say that they hate the new style of the Mustang so it's not just opinion. Even some hardcore Mustang fanboys agree with us.
As for the Challenger, I've said it before. They tried to re-create the Challenger from the 60's and 70's and they succeeded.
Too bad when they did this they used the copy and paste tool and made an exact recreation instead of making it look like a better newer model.