Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
MPX

Drives: None yet
New Member - Former Challenger owner

Hey everyone -

Until September of this year, I was the proud and happy owner of a 2013 SRT Challenger. I had the car for a mere 6 months, and sadly had to get rid of it. From the time I bought it until (no joke) the day I got rid of it, it was in and out of the shop for every non-engine issue you could imagine just about every week and a half.

When I got rid of the Challenger, we thought we'd kill two birds by going for something a little more economical, cost effective, and utilitarian - we leased a GMC Terrain. Great little SUV. . . but I hate it. Because at heart, I'm a car guy, and a Terrain is not a car for car guys. Thought I'd be able to be a responsible adult, but I'm in misery with this thing (first world problems).

Toyed with the idea of waiting on the '15 Challenger redesign. . . until I saw the 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE's.

Ho. Lee. Fook. Must have.

I don't have one yet, but I'm working on it. I was at the dealership today trying to get out of my lease. Appraisal on the Terrain came in WAY low. So I'm stuck with it unless someone knows of a cost effective way to get rid of a lease that actually works. . .

Anyway, I've been cruising this forum for a while and thought I'd make it official. Hopefully I'll be the owner of a black 1LE sooner than later.

We've had a few different GM vehicles lately and they've all blown away anything we've had from Chrysler. Judging by my tireless Camaro test-driving, the Camaro seems to be in line with our experiences. Now if I could just get out of that damn Terrain. . .
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Welcome aboard! If you still haven't ordered or started the process on ordering one please stop by the price/ordering/tracking subforum if you have any questions about the process. I myself have a 2014 AGM 1LE and it is a wonderful car, you made a good choice!
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
"Welcome to the party, pal."
-John McClane
Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
Welcome! I also have a Terrain, but thats my wife's car. So I know what you mean lol. I hope you get into a camaro soon!
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Welcome to Camaro5! Hope your able to rid yourself of the Terain and get into the Camaro of your dreams. Good luck buddy!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
1LE's are SUH-WEEET!! I love my ZL1 to death but if I had to cheat I'd gladly have an affair with a 1LE.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Welcome to the bow-tie community, where everything is bad-ass and dirt cheap.... Well i lied about the cheap part, but it's fun! .

Pick up a 1LE or Zl1 And you will never go back with the grin on the face .

Gl M8
Old 12-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
We have a terrain as well. It's cool.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Welcome to the best place on earth. Maybe the Challenger you had was just that one bad apple out of the bunch. But hey, Welcome to the Bowtie family where everyone is a winner. The 14 1LE are sweet Machines. Keep us posted.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
Mmar88

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Welcome to the Camaro family! Good call with the 1LE! I definitely love mine! Amazing car if I do say so myself! Keep us posted!
Mmar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Welcome to the best place on earth. Maybe the Challenger you had was just that one bad apple out of the bunch. But hey, Welcome to the Bowtie family where everyone is a winner. The 14 1LE are sweet Machines. Keep us posted.
It definitely was a bad apple. I participated pretty regularly in some of the Challenger forums and you'd hear of stuff, but rarely as much crap as I experienced with mine. They're cool cars, but the 1LE has stolen my heart. I will now pursue tirelessly. . .
Old 12-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #12
MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
We have a terrain as well. It's cool.
Yeah. . . it is. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. Great little SUV, and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a great little SUV. I was definitely kidding myself though. . . thinking all my issues with the Challenger had finally put my muscle car lust to rest. First those '14 Camaros debuted with the even more evil looking face (am I the only one that likes the refresh? Love the look of the '14s). . . and then I saw the 1LE. It was over.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #14
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
Having successfully used it for 10 plus leases I would encourage you to visit Lease Trader or Swap a Lease. You would be surprised that what seems like an average lease payment here is a steal several states away.

I personally had people take over leases and pay to have the car shipped to them and or travel to me to pick it up. Shipped a 2005 Hummer H2 from Michigan to Florida. Had a guy fly in from Texas to take over a 2010 Cadillac SRX and then drive it home. I successfully got out of each of these leases and the most I paid to do it was the transfer fee which was highest with Chrysler at 800 bucks at the time. As a business owner I can also tell you that I drive A LOT and most of these vehicles I got out of were also over average miliage for the point in the lease that I traded them.

The reality is the service works because people don't qualify for the best rate to buy or lease the vehicle themselves but do qualify to take over a lease in progress. I also took over a couple leases and drove loaded BMWs or Mercedes for next to nothing for a year or even less before turning them in.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote