Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #43
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
Thanks guys! Now the decision to go top-mount or centrifugal? Both have their advantages. Any advice on how to convince the wife that this is a good investment? She's not convinced "yet". HA!! I think I'm wearing her down. At nothing else, I'm sure she's tired of listening to me talk about it.

Lol. Whine, whine , and more whine. Use lots of gear head jargon, they can't withstand that for long
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #44
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Convince her that a Centri Blower reduces strain on the engine, increase highway fuel mileage (actually true if you keep your foot out of it) lol
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #45
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
I got bored of the Top-Mount style real fast. It's all fun and dandy for the first month or so. Got extremely bored with the power. Sometimes I forgot I had a supercharger on the car lol. Going with an F1-A this year with a huge build, should pull like a raped ape in the higher RPM's.
Where are you at in WI? Any interest in selling your top-mount blower? I live in WI too. Maybe we can work something out? Lemme know.

Send me a PM if interested. Thanks!

John
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #46
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Convince her that a Centri Blower reduces strain on the engine, increase highway fuel mileage (actually true if you keep your foot out of it) lol
PERFECT!!! Thanks man.

I've been consciously trying to find a way to get the word "supercharger" into daily conversations. It's actually getting kinda comical at this point. I was replying to a text she sent earlier today and at the end I just wrote....Supercharger. She just rolls her eyes at this point. Love it! HA!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #47
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big names. Just make sure you have the rubber and suspension work to hold the power. I had to get wider wheels and new tires to keep mine from turning into instant smoke fest every time I mashed the gas.
Already have a set of Nitto 555R's mounted and ready in the garage!

Time for a blower!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #48
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
PERFECT!!! Thanks man.

I've been consciously trying to find a way to get the word "supercharger" into daily conversations. It's actually getting kinda comical at this point. I was replying to a text she sent earlier today and at the end I just wrote....Supercharger. She just rolls her eyes at this point. Love it! HA!
I got my girl involved to the point where now she can name most mods by sound alone.. She doesn't turn a wrench but is pretty intuned with what is going on performance wise. It was a work in progress, but well worth it
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #49
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Where are you at in WI? Any interest in selling your top-mount blower? I live in WI too. Maybe we can work something out? Lemme know.

Send me a PM if interested. Thanks!

John
It's been gone for a month now, sorry!! I'm from Wausau, looking at finishing the build mid July. If you haven't made up your mind by then you should stop by and I can persuade your decision!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #50
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Lol. Whine, whine , and more whine. Use lots of gear head jargon, they can't withstand that for long
That's awesome.

Hey, speaking of "whine". Is there any difference in top-mount or centrifugal when it comes to "noise"? I like some gear whine, but some of them are a bit much. I noticed the Procharger had a helical gear set to reduce noise. This makes me think they are a little noisey? Thoughts.

Thanks again guys. You have NO idea how much this thread has already helped.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
I got my girl involved to the point where now she can name most mods by sound alone.. She doesn't turn a wrench but is pretty intuned with what is going on performance wise. It was a work in progress, but well worth it
Impressive!! Thatta boy.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Maggie is pretty quiet until you add a cog drive. You can do a cog drive just for sound or there's the OD cog drive to spin it harder. Sounds amazing with a cog drive, only problem is that there is no more stealth mode, people know what they are up against.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #53
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
It's been gone for a month now, sorry!! I'm from Wausau, looking at finishing the build mid July. If you haven't made up your mind by then you should stop by and I can persuade your decision!
No worries. I might have to take you up on that. Just out of curiousity, what kind of blower was it? I assume you are going with Procharger this time? I'm still learning all of the abbreviations. Forgive my ignorance. I'm a quick learner though. You ever go over to Rock Falls drag strip outside of Eau Claire, WI?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #54
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Magnacharger TVS 2300 for the win!!

Thank you everyone else who contributed their opinion.

Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #55
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Maggie is pretty quiet until you add a cog drive. You can do a cog drive just for sound or there's the OD cog drive to spin it harder. Sounds amazing with a cog drive, only problem is that there is no more stealth mode, people know what they are up against.
I actually LOVE the sound of a blower when you are at WOT, but it would be nice to not have to listen to her whine ALL of the time when you are just driving "normal". Hoping to find that perfect balance. My wife and daughter love driving in the car and too much whine might not go over. It is my car, but we like to take it on cruises as a family, so I need to be mindful of how obnoxious she's going to be. Stealth mode isn't all bad anyways.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #56
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I actually LOVE the sound of a blower when you are at WOT, but it would be nice to not have to listen to her whine ALL of the time when you are just driving "normal". Hoping to find that perfect balance. My wife and daughter love driving in the car and too much whine might not go over. It is my car, but we like to take it on cruises as a family, so I need to be mindful of how obnoxious she's going to be. Stealth mode isn't all bad anyways.

Not near WOT but this is at 16 psi with the cogs in the read:

Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supercharger