Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Lawdogg149's Ultimate Performance single turbo Camaro SS 610whp/630wtq

Well guys, we wrapped up another one at the shop with our Single Turbo kit. This was the first LS3 that we have done and wow what an amazing car this turned out to be. The contrast with the Orange color is just amazing with the turbo and polished piping. This car will be out at the Talladega track event this weekend if anyone wants to check it out.

Thanks to Justin at J and J Performance for tuning the car. Also a special thanks to IPG Coatings located in Sanford, Florida for doing the coating on the turbo.

On top of our Ultimate Performance single turbo kit, we also added a Kenne Bell boost a pump, an HKS EVC electronic boost controller, plus a few extra little things. The car made excellent numbers that will be on the graphs posted below along with a ton of pictures! These graphs are all between 9 and 10 psi.

Thanks for all the support and patience and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions. The dyno video plus some more footage of this upcoming weekend will be added up to this thread very soon.

Last edited by JTinFL; 10-01-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
.. very nice !
Old 10-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Very nice and clean setup!

I wish you had added a Meth kit for more safety. I also think the hot side of the turbo should be covered in blanket, since it's too close to the belt.

BTW, is J&J still on Fowler street?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
just wow bolt on 240whp 260wtq....with slics its a hi ten car at 130mph
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
JTinFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Very nice and clean setup!

I wish you had added a Meth kit for more safety. I also think the hot side of the turbo should be covered in blanket, since it's too close to the belt.

BTW, is J&J still on Fowler street?
Justin moved back out to the Cape. You can reach him at 239 274 7678. The back of the turbo is heat coated. You can almost grab it after a pull if you wait about a minute or so. The belt is actually a good little bit away from it but hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for the compliments!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinFL View Post
Justin moved back out to the Cape. You can reach him at 239 274 7678. The back of the turbo is heat coated. You can almost grab it after a pull if you wait about a minute or so. The belt is actually a good little bit away from it but hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for the compliments!
Thanks for the info on the "Heat coated". Justin is great.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
Can't wait to see the video's!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Very nice!!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
JTinFL

Thanks a lot for the kind words. If anyone is in the AL area this weekend, definitely stop by and check it out!!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Well guys let me say DAMN what a ride. I left fort myers yesterday around 7:00 pm with my transformed camaro. "Guys great job let me say." So to describe the car now.

I drove this car down to Ultimate performance 3 weeks ago with a average fuel mileage of 22 mpg. Average speed was 80 mph. On the trip back I must proudly report
27 MPG at a average of 83 mph. Guys this is a ten hour trip according to all the mapquest maps. This trip was done in 8 hrs safely (minus being stopped by the cops twice "warnings")

I opted to have Ultimate performance put on a HKS boost controller on my car. What this gives you is adjustability on the fly. I have three settings for boost. (off 6psi, 8psi, and 9.7 psi) This is awesome you just push a button to the desired setting and floor it. I got to messing with it though and now the boost numbers are all over the place. Will correct when exhaust is completed shortly.(car boosted to 12.1 psi this afternoon)

The car is awesome. Nothing like 600 rwhp in the seat of the pants feel. This car will now hold you back in the seat like you have never been before. I have had to totally relearn how to drive the car. Boost comes on so fast (very little lag) that you can't hardly shift fast enough.

Some stocker (2010 camaro ss) in atlanta made a huge mistake and tried the beast. I was buzzing along when a stocker flew by me. I just kept cruzing when I noticed him slowing. Well he got beside me and kept jumping at me(going and slowing) after a few of them he decided to just punch it. I gave him a sec or three car lengths when I mashed the beast down. (6psi I must say) The car just squated down and took off. I blew by him in a second and ran upto fourth gear and backed out. Looked in the mirror he was way back.(would of love to seen his face from that encounter) Needless to say he pulled along side with a thumbs up hanging out the window.

The waste gate alone is the exciting factor. Need that exhaust bad though. Really doesn't sound good with the muffler delete. Quite on the interstate though.

I will be at little taledega track event sunday if anyone wants to check it out.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
(car boosted to 12.1 psi this afternoon)
Man, that's way TOO much on stock bottom. Even 9 is too much for high Compression. A little knock, will cost $10K!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
JTinFL

The car is tuned really safe, there are no worries. The boost controller is set that anything over 11 psi it will knock it down almost immediately. I wanted him to get the exhaust done tomorrow and we will recalculate the boost controller. We only got a chance to set it up in 3rd gear due to a police encounter but I wish I could have boosted it in 5th.

Call me tomorrow after the exhaust install and we will walk you through the boost controller Jeremy. I am really glad you have had so much fun in the first couple hours of having the car back!!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Yea no worries here.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Sweet!!! Please get some vids if you can?

That boost controller looks pretty good. How is it mounted? How much was that boost controller if you don't mind me asking?

What exaust you getting for your car?

Closed Thread