Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Update from UP and R

Well first of all I would like to say thanks for all the support on the Camaro5 forum. I had an idea to come up with a single turbo kit for the 2010 Camaro kit and went through with this idea back in July. I found a former customer/friend/financial backer for my project. We did a lot of R and D to get the kit where it is today and this comes with a lot of high levels of stress and liability. About a week and a half ago, the owner ended up in the hospital due to the high stress levels and told me that we could no longer go through with the shop. Ultimate Performance and Racing is no longer.

This came as a big surprise to me but now the company is being sold outright. There will be a little time for regrouping and the new company will take over from there. The kit simply is amazing and the cars we completed really do fly. After working out the initial bugs and getting the kit where we want it, we have sold it and the whole design to the new owners.

Stay tuned for more information and if anyone needs anything or has any questions, please pm me on here.

Thanks

Last edited by JTinFL; 10-19-2009 at 01:13 PM.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Bungalowbandit

Drives: 2010 black 2ss/rs camaro
Wow im sry to hear that it was looking like u guys were doing well
Bungalowbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
JTinFL

Thanks. I just hope that the owner gets back to good health soon. Its one of those things that makes you really think about everything around you that has an effect on your health.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Well, let me say that Jeremy did finally call me. It was not his fault for the delay. Tom had locked everyone out of the shop and just kind of bailed on the business. Very unprofessional, if you ask me. Jeremy answered all my questions and concerns about the kit, and making the changes to make everything perfect will not be as much trouble as I had anticipated. I will be taking this car up to RPM's dyno day this Saturday and will post numbers afterward. I wish Jeremy the best of luck and success in his future endevours.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
BLKLIST
Boosted

Drives: Trailblazer SS, SRT-10
Best of luck Jeremy!! My personal online instant messaging mechanic no black mail taking friend lol (Shawn....sssshhhhh dont tell)
BLKLIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Thanks as well Jeremy for answering my questions as well. Problems with tune to be corrected shortly. Again guys these cars are most likely going to be the fastest we just got a couple of bugs to work out. ( I got a clutch to put in first though)
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Thanks Jeremy for clearing that up.

Means a lot to us

Best of luck my man.

Edit:

Apparently this hasn't been cleared up...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #8
JTinFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
Well, let me say that Jeremy did finally call me. It was not his fault for the delay. Tom had locked everyone out of the shop and just kind of bailed on the business. Very unprofessional, if you ask me. Jeremy answered all my questions and concerns about the kit, and making the changes to make everything perfect will not be as much trouble as I had anticipated. I will be taking this car up to RPM's dyno day this Saturday and will post numbers afterward. I wish Jeremy the best of luck and success in his future endevours.
I just want to say on the record that Tom is really sick and is having serious health problems. Everything he did by closing the shop was to help save his life. I always try to be helpful and answer all the questions but I dont want to throw Tom under the bus in any way at all. His health is very important to him and as much as I dont want the shop to close, he knows his priorities.

I want to also say sorry on the minor tuning problems that you guys are having with a couple of check engine lights, I am sure it will be an easy fix to resolve them.

Thanks and sorry again.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
Damn,Did'nt see this coming,Hope Toms gonna be alright,Jeremy I hate it for you,Cause you've definately got mad skills.And hopefully you can keep going,Hope to talk with you soon bro.....
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq

Last edited by LSX-80MM; 10-20-2009 at 02:34 PM.
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
[QUOTE=JTinFL;1063442]I just want to say on the record that Tom is really sick and is having serious health problems. Everything he did by closing the shop was to help save his life. I always try to be helpful and answer all the questions but I dont want to throw Tom under the bus in any way at all. His health is very important to him and as much as I dont want the shop to close, he knows his priorities. QUOTE]

Good for you. Good post. Tom has a good friend. Best of luck.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #11
ls2 bait

Drives: 99 ss....yes its fast
damn....

1999 Camaro SS 416 CI LS3
9.91@141
733 RWHP 783 RWTQ
Oct 2009 GMHTP feature car
ls2 bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #12
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
I think you need to get in contact with a few of your customers on here via PM right away
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
JZurita

Drives: 350Z TT
Hey Jeremy Tibbs,

Remember me? When do you think I'll be getting a call from you?
JZurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
JZurita

Drives: 350Z TT
You have until tomorrow to get in contact with Joe and I. Otherwise, the beans will be spilled all over this forum.

Thanks - Jon

Last edited by JZurita; 10-21-2009 at 06:19 AM.
JZurita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeremy tibbs is a scammer