Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-29-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Chemical Guys Hybrid V7

Anyone use it? I love CG Blacklight and people seem to suggest this is a great sealant to use on top of that. Anyone try that combo, and if so, does it last long?

Wondering if also serves as a good spray sealant on it's own, rather than being a quick detail spray. Anyone here use it for that?

Thanks!
SLP TVS2300, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, white factory rally stripes, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
If you like CG Blacklight, you will like V7 on top of it. It seems kind of weird when you first use it. You spray it onto your microfiber towel, then snake it on the paint. It disappears as you wipe it on, kind of looks like IPA flashing off the paint. Will add additional gloss to the BL. Has a nice orange smell.

I tried using it as a "quick detailer" since CG suggest that it is this type of product as well. Sprayed it directly on the paint after washing as a drying aid, lot's of streaks. Tried spraying it on also when the car was dry, still streaked, only way it worked for me was to spray on microfiber towel first on dry car.

I really can't speak for the durability, because I only did the 1 application after BL, and since it didn't work as a QD, I didn't use it anymore. The 1 application did make the BL last a week longer. I usually get 2 weeks from BL when not topped with anything.

Since the Adams HGG came out, I don't use BL anymore on my car, though I will say BL does look best IMO on a black car. I have 1 customer, I do his black Mercedes a few times a year. He's too cheap to spend $300 for a full correction. But I make better profit from just a wash, clay, BL, V7, then I would spending 15-20 hours detailing his car!

I have almost a full gallon of it I rarely use, I could get a 16oz spray bottle at dollar general and send it to you if you want to try it out, just send me a pm. I'd be glad to send it to you. At least it will be used instead of sitting in my detailing closet!
Old 10-30-2015, 10:13 AM   #3
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Thanks! A very kind offer, perhaps if I'm ever in NC I'll grab a bottle from you

For a "hybrid" product seems like it wasn't very useful to you beyond topping BL with it. I like BL but wouldn't buy something just for that purpose.

Any other spray sealants recommended, that could also top BL to help it last a bit longer?
SLP TVS2300, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, white factory rally stripes, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
Thanks! A very kind offer, perhaps if I'm ever in NC I'll grab a bottle from you

For a "hybrid" product seems like it wasn't very useful to you beyond topping BL with it. I like BL but wouldn't buy something just for that purpose.

Any other spray sealants recommended, that could also top BL to help it last a bit longer?

You don't have to be in NC, pm me your address and I'll send you a bottle.
It's just going to be sitting in my detailing closet, at least it could be put to use. I actually got the gallon for free on a promotion.

My car is an un-garaged daily driver, out in the elements 24-7. For the time required to apply BL and the durability, I get the same effect (the added gloss part) from Adams HGG, and it lasts 2 months and is much less time consuming to apply.

A garaged vehicle (I'm assuming your car is?) will get a longer lifespan out of blacklight, and CG recommends to apply the V7 after every wash. So if you did this, you should get a longer lifespan out of the BL than I did.

The V7 does really compliment the BL well, again if you like BL, you will like the V7 on top of it. CG sells these together in a kit. It's one of their best selling items.

I haven't tried topping it with any other sealants, CG recommends their Jet Seal. Kind of leery as to how well this combo works though, seems they would sell it in a kit like the V7/BL if it worked so well?
Old 10-30-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
I love that stuff.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #6
TIREKLR

Drives: 2015 zl1
Just received my order and that is one of my products, I haven't had the opportunity to use yet but I will let you know soon.
TIREKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #7
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIREKLR View Post
Just received my order and that is one of my products, I haven't had the opportunity to use yet but I will let you know soon.
Watch the YouTube videos on their site for tips on using. A little goes a long way.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:58 AM   #8
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
You don't have to be in NC, pm me your address and I'll send you a bottle.
It's just going to be sitting in my detailing closet, at least it could be put to use. I actually got the gallon for free on a promotion.

My car is an un-garaged daily driver, out in the elements 24-7. For the time required to apply BL and the durability, I get the same effect (the added gloss part) from Adams HGG, and it lasts 2 months and is much less time consuming to apply.

A garaged vehicle (I'm assuming your car is?) will get a longer lifespan out of blacklight, and CG recommends to apply the V7 after every wash. So if you did this, you should get a longer lifespan out of the BL than I did.

The V7 does really compliment the BL well, again if you like BL, you will like the V7 on top of it. CG sells these together in a kit. It's one of their best selling items.

I haven't tried topping it with any other sealants, CG recommends their Jet Seal. Kind of leery as to how well this combo works though, seems they would sell it in a kit like the V7/BL if it worked so well?
I also use my car as a DD and was looking to purchase the Adams HGG next Friday when I get paid.. you definitely recommend it? I do like the ease of use of not having to dry the vehicle and being able to do a wet application.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #9
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
I also use my car as a DD and was looking to purchase the Adams HGG next Friday when I get paid.. you definitely recommend it? I do like the ease of use of not having to dry the vehicle and being able to do a wet application.
You'll still have to spread it and dry any remaining water.
Plush microfiber works best with HGG. Rag Company Everest 1100's are the best deal I've found on this type of towel.