Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Keyed again

I just started a two week vacation. This morning I walk out to my car and...keyed again, second time in two years. This time, driver's rear quarter and rear bumper. The car is Imperial Blue Metallic, good luck making an invisible spray match to that. It's into the primer in a couple spots on the quarter. I went down to the local PD and had them log it, I told them I knew they couldn't do anything but I wanted a record of it happening in their files.

I really should just get rid of the damn thing. This will just keep happening and I'll be out time and money again and again. I'll fight and argue and have it repaired right at the expense of my time and my vacation just to have some asswipe key it a third time. Maybe I'll get a Jeep, something that can be fun but I won't care about being shiny and clean. Dammit.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
DarkneSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
God damn man! You think its the same person? You need to move to a spot that is safer or where you can have a garage unfortunately. I'd never want to live somewhere I cannot own a nice car in general without having to worry about it being vandalized.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I just started a two week vacation. This morning I walk out to my car and...keyed again, second time in two years. This time, driver's rear quarter and rear bumper. The car is Imperial Blue Metallic, good luck making an invisible spray match to that. It's into the primer in a couple spots on the quarter. I went down to the local PD and had them log it, I told them I knew they couldn't do anything but I wanted a record of it happening in their files.

I really should just get rid of the damn thing. This will just keep happening and I'll be out time and money again and again. I'll fight and argue and have it repaired right at the expense of my time and my vacation just to have some asswipe key it a third time. Maybe I'll get a Jeep, something that can be fun but I won't care about being shiny and clean. Dammit.

It really sucks , but if one gets another car just because those bastards do what they do , that won't make you happy or happier
One will be just adapting to the envy off others , this will not bring nothing into your life , maybe I little less restlessness at times .
But it will work against you , when you suppose to be enjoying the drive on weekends etc
And who said Jeeps aren't keys proof .
It still sucks !
Old 06-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
BluePhoenix

Drives: Pontiac Vibe
You need to get a car cover man or a Garage.

BluePhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
Comrando
SScalator

Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Crumbolas.

Where you still home?

Usually insurance will cover vandalism 100%. Will you get a loaner while it's in the shop?
Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Car covers provide a means for vandals to ID your car as a target from a long way off. If a person is willing to key a car, they will be willing to pull up a car cover.

I just spoke to management at my complex. I told them I had to weigh the cost of constant car repair- this makes 2x being keyed and 1x being dented bad enough to require expensive repair so far- versus the cost of moving, and that by this point, they should be installing video cameras as this can't be just happening to me. Not counting the time this has cost me, this repair will now put me over a grand out of pocket total for vandalism damage, not counting rental money.

I live in a pretty nice complex, with a clubhouse and a pool, in a nice suburb. I have no bad blood with anyone here, I'm friendly with everyone here. It's neighborhood kids being jerks to show how cool they are. There's a pack of them, 9-14, that run around playing in the area at 2 am.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Crumbolas.

Where you still home?

Usually insurance will cover vandalism 100%. Will you get a loaner while it's in the shop?

I got home from work at 6:30pm- started at 6:45 am- and went out to my car at 7:45 am this morning.

If my insurance company offers a free loaner, I will probably drop dead from shock. They'd rather eat a cinder block than give a crippled crab a crutch.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #8
Notorious Bob

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black
Really sucks. Time to rent a garage?
Old 06-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

So I can take a cab to my car and go to work each day? Hmmm...maybe not
Old 06-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #10
Comrando
SScalator

Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Quote:
Car covers provide a means for vandals to ID your car as a target from a long way off. If a person is willing to key a car, they will be willing to pull up a car cover.

I just spoke to management at my complex. I told them I had to weigh the cost of constant car repair- this makes 2x being keyed and 1x being dented bad enough to require expensive repair so far- versus the cost of moving, and that by this point, they should be installing video cameras as this can't be just happening to me. Not counting the time this has cost me, this repair will now put me over a grand out of pocket total for vandalism damage, not counting rental money.

I live in a pretty nice complex, with a clubhouse and a pool, in a nice suburb. I have no bad blood with anyone here, I'm friendly with everyone here. It's neighborhood kids being jerks to show how cool they are. There's a pack of them, 9-14, that run around playing in the area at 2 am.
I have cameras in and out.

About 3 years ago we recorded 4 kids from the junior high who kicked down a section of fence. The LEOs couldn't believe how clear the images were.

Then next day the news announced how the police were going to be at one junior high so the kids all showed up at another. And guess where the police were? Parent's had to pay out of pocket and those perps have never been through here since.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Time to do a stake out and open up some woop ass.

My old 350z was keyed twice when i bought my new place. After the 2nd time i found out it was a 80 year old man who lived in the building and didnt take to new owners etc... So unfortunately no woop ass accured but let him know that i knew! Good luck and wish you could catch the little bastards.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Time to do a stake out and open up some woop ass.

My old 350z was keyed twice when i bought my new place. After the 2nd time i found out it was a 80 year old man who lived in the building and didnt take to new owners etc... So unfortunately no woop ass accured but let him know that i knew! Good luck and wish you could catch the little bastards.

I wish the world were like Burt Reynolds movies, and you could do that.

But today that is called "assault", and I will lose my license to carry a concealed firearm if I do that.

Yes, somebody deserves a beatdown. But there will be no repercussions and nobody will ever be held accountable.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #13
TommyTheCat

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:

Time for night vision security cameras!

TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #14
songsj

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Maybe not by you but some day sooner or later these kids are going to change their behavior or someone with a very bad temper who is not as level headed as you and has little to lose is going to make them pay dearly. And probably not in a financial way. Really makes me wonder what the parents are doing!!
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #15
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I know around here mostly every apartment complex has storage units on site big enough to park a car in.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #16
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I know around here mostly every apartment complex has storage units on site big enough to park a car in.
I'm glad that's how they do it in your neck of the woods, but around here, well, Dorothy said:

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"

I'm trying to salvage my day- it's a beautiful day- with Linenkugel and hockey
Old 06-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
well i've had gum stuck to the windows, puke on the door handle, spit on the doors, windows and just about every where else. This is what happens in big cities, bunch of lowlife scum.

2013 BRM 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #18
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWood-SS View Post
well i've had gum stuck to the windows, puke on the door handle, spit on the doors, windows and just about every where else. This is what happens in big cities, bunch of lowlife scum.
Actually I don't live in Boston any more. My cars never got vandalized in Boston, even my '70. Anyway, I'm in a suburb called Canton. Quiet place even right now. Birds chirping, no cars driving by, slow and lazy summer day. It just so happens an asshole lives around here...
Old 06-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #19
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Better move to a house (with garage) in the 'burbs. You definitely have a problem that won't fix itself where you are. Sorry to hear it. I hate vandals.
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #20
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
TAKE that Yankees bumper sticker off .
Old 06-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #21
benji276289

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Actually I don't live in Boston any more. My cars never got vandalized in Boston, even my '70. Anyway, I'm in a suburb called Canton. Quiet place even right now. Birds chirping, no cars driving by, slow and lazy summer day. It just so happens an asshole lives around here...
That's a predominately white upper middle class town. Maybe the twirps are from the other side of rt. 128.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #22
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1998 Riviera White
Sorry this happened to you. Keying your car is either personal or just where you park. Can you change your parking space?

I live in an urban twin tower high-rise building complex with about 200 underground garage parking spaces that cost additional to basic rent. There is a waiting list to pay extra for underground secured parking and I have two parking spaces which is unheard of. You would think that tenants paying additional $100s monthly to park their auto (s) in underground secured assigned spaces would be respectful of the autos. I learned that even paying extra for secured underground parking that can not be accessed without a key fob does not mean people will not mess with your auto.

Back in 2006 had my 1998 Riviera parked in one spot during winters (never driven winters). It collected dust during winters. People walking towards the elevators walked by the Riv. Each winter, as dust collected on the Riviera, people started writing in the dust wash me. I got pissed, arranged to have both my Camaro and Riv moved to adjoining parking spots at the back of the underground parking, most isolated place in the garage. Since I moved both my autos to a more isolated space (s) years later no one has touched my autos, tenants never walk past my autos because they are now parked out of view.

All I can suggest is you arrange to move your auto to a less noticeable parking space.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #23
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Send a message via AIM to All Star
I pay $150 extra a month at my apartment complex to garage my car...worth every penny.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #24
Krajkerjac

Drives: 2011 SS
I agree. Sell it and buy a POS. That'll solve it.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #25
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Cheap wifi camera and dvr .... won't stop it, but might help you catch it if there is a next time.