Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 AM   #76
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 991
Do you guys have the Wolf Chemicals back in stock yet? I know over on DB you said that you were out about a week ago. And if so which of these do you suggest. I'm always willing to try new stuff. And how does the nano sealant compare durability wise to Menz PL or BFWD?
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #77
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
we do not have the Wolf's Chemicals in yet.

Phil
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #78
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 991
Phil, if I ordered 2 bottles of Body Wrap and 1 Bottle of Glass Guard today, when do you think the shipment for those will be able to reach me? I know that you said the first shipment was already sold out before I ordered today, so will it be a month from now?

Last edited by Iomcamaro; 08-02-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #79
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
I have not used the Wolf's Glass Sealant yet but from the guys that requested it they do love it.

Update on the Wolf's we should have it ready to ship in 7-14 days, its in transit to us.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...htm#post313687
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #80
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
I have not used the Wolf's Glass Sealant yet but from the guys that requested it they do love it.

Update on the Wolf's we should have it ready to ship in 7-14 days, its in transit to us.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...htm#post313687
Thanks Phil. Your customer service keeps me as a return customer. It's second to none.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #81
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
no problem at all.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #82
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,290
Hello Mr. Phil,

Had a couple questions for you.

1. How do your foam pads differ from the Adam's pads that I'm using? Can they be used on the same backing plate I got from Adam's? Will they be more/less agressive since they aren't hex patterned?

2. On the Glanz wax page on your website it says "Because Glanz Wax is unlike any other wax, application differs slightly.

1."

That's all it says What are the ways it differs?

Thanks just placed another small order tonight and looking forward to getting my Wolf's in from my previous order
-Matt
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #83
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Hello Mr. Phil,

Had a couple questions for you.

1. How do your foam pads differ from the Adam's pads that I'm using? Can they be used on the same backing plate I got from Adam's? Will they be more/less agressive since they aren't hex patterned?

2. On the Glanz wax page on your website it says "Because Glanz Wax is unlike any other wax, application differs slightly.

1."

That's all it says What are the ways it differs?

Thanks just placed another small order tonight and looking forward to getting my Wolf's in from my previous order
-Matt
Matt,

Just a heads up the Wolf's in route to us, there have been a few unexpected delays.

as for the glanz i have updated the description have a look.

our pads are great, what size is your backing plate from Adam's.

He's got 6.5 inch pads so if you go with our 6.5 inch pads they will work with your machine.

we have similar pads their colors match their products, in fact we should be adding Adam's foam pads to our site shortly.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #84
camaroaarp
 
Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
We are happy to be a part of CAMARO5, so please let us know if you have anything you would like to see, suggestions, comments, etc. are welcome and invited.

We have found having this thread is great for forum members.

Let me know what's on your mind, how to apply something, tech questions on detailing?

I will try to answer it the best I can also welcome others to answer as well.

Some good tips:

Engine detailing
HVAC Clean up
Free Swissvax Handbook
Ace Turbostick Videos
I just bought from Detailers Domain, and thet are, hands down, THE BEST. Good web site, best prices, no sales tax (legal?) and the fastest standard shipping I have ever encountered. Use the 'NEWBIE"'' discount for 10%. The sell all of the Adams detail products, and a whole slew of other items. I ordered my Adams products at 10pm on Monday and they were on my stoop on Wednesday when I got home. Screw Amazon. These are the dudes!
camaroaarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #85
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroaarp View Post
I just bought from Detailers Domain, and thet are, hands down, THE BEST. Good web site, best prices, no sales tax (legal?) and the fastest standard shipping I have ever encountered. Use the 'NEWBIE"'' discount for 10%. The sell all of the Adams detail products, and a whole slew of other items. I ordered my Adams products at 10pm on Monday and they were on my stoop on Wednesday when I got home. Screw Amazon. These are the dudes!
Thanks for the order! Yup its legal we only charge tax in NJ.
LMK if you need anything else.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #86
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'
 
FL1CK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
Thanks for the order! Yup its legal we only charge tax in NJ.
LMK if you need anything else.
So, the Uber drying towel... $2 more than Adams... can you tell me demensions please?
__________________
I am not childish, you're just being a poopy head!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #87
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
So, the Uber drying towel... $2 more than Adams... can you tell me demensions please?
its 26x46, we have a few left, our next shipment should be here at the end of the month, these are moving extremely fast.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:11 AM   #88
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
Matt,

Just a heads up the Wolf's in route to us, there have been a few unexpected delays.

as for the glanz i have updated the description have a look.

our pads are great, what size is your backing plate from Adam's.

He's got 6.5 inch pads so if you go with our 6.5 inch pads they will work with your machine.

we have similar pads their colors match their products, in fact we should be adding Adam's foam pads to our site shortly.
I guess what I'm wondering is what's the difference between a flat pad like you sell now, and the patterned ones that I use from Adam's? Or is it just two different ways of doing the same thing? I was thinking that flat would be more surface contact with the paint so maybe more polishing action..
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #89
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I guess what I'm wondering is what's the difference between a flat pad like you sell now, and the patterned ones that I use from Adam's? Or is it just two different ways of doing the same thing? I was thinking that flat would be more surface contact with the paint so maybe more polishing action..
I believe Adam uses the hex pads with his products specifically on the pc, they feel they get better results.

if you use the Adam's line up exclusively I would stick with the hex pads for your PC.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #90
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 991
Phil, how well do you like Aquartz? I found a heck of a deal and had to jump on it. It was $13 for a 80mL bottle. It cost me $22 to ship it to the USA from CAN, but I've heard that this stuff is amazing also. I was wandering how long you have seen this stuff last? Thanks for any input in advance.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #91
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Phil, how well do you like Aquartz? I found a heck of a deal and had to jump on it. It was $13 for a 80mL bottle. It cost me $22 to ship it to the USA from CAN, but I've heard that this stuff is amazing also. I was wandering how long you have seen this stuff last? Thanks for any input in advance.
Damn..you got a link to that deal?
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #92
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Damn..you got a link to that deal?
I got the last bottle that the guy had. Otherwise I was going to order more. lol
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #93
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
that's a great deal! no one came come close to that.

its a great product I'll be posting up a few more cars done with aquartz shortly.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #94
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
that's a great deal! no one came come close to that.

its a great product I'll be posting up a few more cars done with aquartz shortly.
Too great of a deal- he said he's not getting any more in. :( Damn you, Keith for taking the last bottle!
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #95
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Too great of a deal- he said he's not getting any more in. :( Damn you, Keith for taking the last bottle!
Anytime. Join a bunch of detailing forums. This stuff pops up all of the time. Like right now I'm in the process of buying a $35 bottle of Menzerna P085RD for $20 from Phil just because the factory had a label misprint.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #96
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Anytime. Join a bunch of detailing forums. This stuff pops up all of the time. Like right now I'm in the process of buying a $35 bottle of Menzerna P085RD for $20 from Phil just because the factory had a label misprint.
Definitely do not have the time anymore for more than one forum.



Phil-
Where are you at with the Wolf's?
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #97
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Phil,
I have two quick questions for you:


1. What do you suggest for removing light to moderate scratches on a black vehicle? Something that I can apply by hand would be the best. And then what wax to follow up with. The truck spends most of it's time outside.

2.What can I use to get the white wax haze off my trim. This is on my Black Silverado that my dad went a little crazy with the orbital on!!! I saw a cleaning product on the site, I think pre-wow or something like that but with that do I have to follow up each wash with a trim coating?

Thanks!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #98
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Definitely do not have the time anymore for more than one forum.



Phil-
Where are you at with the Wolf's?
Wolf's should be in this week or early next week.

We currently have the rim sealant, glass sealant, and trim in stock.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #99
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 770
[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;3621189]Phil,
I have two quick questions for you:


1. What do you suggest for removing light to moderate scratches on a black vehicle? Something that I can apply by hand would be the best. And then what wax to follow up with. The truck spends most of it's time outside.

Sure thing, by hand that will be a tough one I guess I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish that's a good polish.

I would suggest though to use a PC or the like it would do a much better job and probably save you a ton of time.


2.What can I use to get the white wax haze off my trim. This is on my Black Silverado that my dad went a little crazy with the orbital on!!! I saw a cleaning product on the site, I think pre-wow or something like that but with that do I have to follow up each wash with a trim coating?

What type of trim is it can you get a photo...

You may want to use a soft brush and some Adam's APC then follow with Pre Wow.

Let me know if that helps.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #100
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Yes,that def helps. The scratches are in isolated areas so doing it by hand shouldn't be to bad. I was thinking about that meguiars compound on your site. Bad choice? I'll get some pics if it ever stops raining. I'm referring to the plastic bed caps, mirrors, the plastic loovers? on the hood. It looked like the pre-wow was what I needed.

Thank you very much.


[QUOTE=DetailersDomain;3621349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Phil,
I have two quick questions for you:


1. What do you suggest for removing light to moderate scratches on a black vehicle? Something that I can apply by hand would be the best. And then what wax to follow up with. The truck spends most of it's time outside.

Sure thing, by hand that will be a tough one I guess I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish that's a good polish.

I would suggest though to use a PC or the like it would do a much better job and probably save you a ton of time.


2.What can I use to get the white wax haze off my trim. This is on my Black Silverado that my dad went a little crazy with the orbital on!!! I saw a cleaning product on the site, I think pre-wow or something like that but with that do I have to follow up each wash with a trim coating?

What type of trim is it can you get a photo...

You may want to use a soft brush and some Adam's APC then follow with Pre Wow.

Let me know if that helps.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detailers around York region ciandrew Canada 13 07-30-2010 06:53 PM
Detailers in San Diego??? Roddd 1SS Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 3 07-18-2010 10:15 PM
NOVA Detailers Rafsanjani USA - Mid-Atlantic 2 04-01-2010 04:02 PM
Car Detailers XAnimal Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 0 12-21-2008 06:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.