Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #103
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Phil, no love??? What can I use to that's a little more aggresive on the scratches? I have some stubborn ones! How about this:http://www.detailersdomain.com/Menze...ound_p_61.html


The truck in question is black.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #104
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
yes that will work but follow it with a super intensive and super finish.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #105
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
yes that will work but follow it with a super intensive and super finish.

Do you have some better suggestions?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #106
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
what else did you have in mind, maybe you can share a photo of the areas you need work on.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #107
BBD
 
BBD's Avatar
 
Drives: 87 IROC, 93 Z28, Lil Buzz 2012 T3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 105
K I'm going out a limb here because this question may be stupid for some but I've never waxed any of my cars before and would like to start with my new, if it ever shows up, 2012 T3. My concern and I have not seen an answer yet previously, how do I wax around the stripes or clay. I've read before that they need to be taped as to not get any wax on them but I'm afraid of taping them. Also what about sealants, can they be put on? Please help the anxiety of what to do is killing me even before the car gets here.
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #108
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD View Post
K I'm going out a limb here because this question may be stupid for some but I've never waxed any of my cars before and would like to start with my new, if it ever shows up, 2012 T3. My concern and I have not seen an answer yet previously, how do I wax around the stripes or clay. I've read before that they need to be taped as to not get any wax on them but I'm afraid of taping them. Also what about sealants, can they be put on? Please help the anxiety of what to do is killing me even before the car gets here.
I believe the stripes are not painted on these they are vinyl.

If they are I would consider using a liquid type product, spray on a mf towel , wipe, and buff off.

don't let anything sit on it and use something clear as it won't stain.

These would be what i would consider.

1Z einszett Spray Wax

Optimum Opti Seal


As for taping while polishing that would be a good idea.

You can use 3m masking tape developed for automotive paints
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #109
BBD
 
BBD's Avatar
 
Drives: 87 IROC, 93 Z28, Lil Buzz 2012 T3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 105
Thanks, the stripes are suppose to be carbon fiber on the T3. I don't know if that makes a difference. just really concerned about possibly any residue on the edge of the stripes as well as being able to see the difference between where the wax ends and the spray starts. Last thing you want is a car like this then not having the knowledge to care for and looking like a dumb a**.
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #110
THATS NO M00N
it's a space station!
 
THATS NO M00N's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 114
Got a chip repair question. I've managed to fill in a chip to the primer that was .25 inches by about .75 inches. My problem is that when I sand it down even I alway manage to sand some of the original paint down to the primer so it is discolored. Any tips on how to prevent that?
__________________
THATS NO M00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #111
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Hey Phil,
What's the best product I can use for cleaning and polishing my Bogarts. The car went right to the shop for almost a month after a weekend of drag racing without being cleaned so the rims have some caked on brake dust. I'm afraid that it may start pitting.

Thanks!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #112
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Hey Phil,
What's the best product I can use for cleaning and polishing my Bogarts. The car went right to the shop for almost a month after a weekend of drag racing without being cleaned so the rims have some caked on brake dust. I'm afraid that it may start pitting.

Thanks!
Sonax Full Effect or P21s wheel gel will treat you right. Just spray it on, let it set, aggitate it with a Swissvax wheel brush. Then spray them off. They are safe on any wheels.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #113
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Sonax Full Effect or P21s wheel gel will treat you right. Just spray it on, let it set, aggitate it with a Swissvax wheel brush. Then spray them off. They are safe on any wheels.
yeah I would agree this is a good kit

Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner Kit
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #114
black12lt
 
Drives: black 1lt 2012
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: auburn alabama
Posts: 178
I've got number rash from a bad park job next to me. Don't think its down to the paint but there are some white scratches. Will a good buff and wax take care if these?
black12lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #115
black12lt
 
Drives: black 1lt 2012
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: auburn alabama
Posts: 178
* bumper rash
black12lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #116
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 21,971
How can I make my oem polished wheels really shine. They just dont seem near as shiny as others that I see around town. Thanks in advance
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #117
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12lt View Post
I've got number rash from a bad park job next to me. Don't think its down to the paint but there are some white scratches. Will a good buff and wax take care if these?
any pictures?
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #118
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
How can I make my oem polished wheels really shine. They just dont seem near as shiny as others that I see around town. Thanks in advance
take a picture of them, what have you used to clean them so far?
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #119
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 21,971
i will try to get a pic posted asap. all i have done is washed them with car, nothing special
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detailers around York region SWRocket Canada 13 07-30-2010 06:53 PM
Detailers in San Diego??? Roddd 1SS Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 3 07-18-2010 10:15 PM
NOVA Detailers Rafsanjani USA - Mid-Atlantic 2 04-01-2010 04:02 PM
Car Detailers XAnimal Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 0 12-21-2008 06:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.