Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #126
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Well, I can finally scratch another part off my list of cam swap parts. My PCM '545' camshaft came in today :
Attached Images
  
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #127
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
I also changed out my Magnaflow Competition Series resonator with the Summit racing X pipe about a week ago. While there is some raspyness because I switched to an x pipe, the exhaust note is killer when cruising at low speeds, and at idle. I can't wait to hear how the car sounds with the cam :
Attached Images
  
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #128
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Nice dude! My cam should be in this week! That's gonna sound so killer once it's all together, with the cut outs open and closed!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #129
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Nice dude! My cam should be in this week! That's gonna sound so killer once it's all together, with the cut outs open and closed!
You have cutouts? Or are you talking about mine? Because I took mine off and sold them lol. I loved having them, but they had a slight leak while they were closed, and I tried 3 different ways to seal them up, all to no avail. So I took them off and sold them, then ended up going with a magnaflow comp series and added the x pipe.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #130
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
You have cutouts? Or are you talking about mine? Because I took mine off and sold them lol. I loved having them, but they had a slight leak while they were closed, and I tried 3 different ways to seal them up, all to no avail. So I took them off and sold them, then ended up going with a magnaflow comp series and added the x pipe.
Oh I was talking about yours. Ive heard of a lot of people having leaks. Sucks, but you cant cut corners. I wouldnt be able to live with the leak either.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #131
Pharmaro
 
Pharmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville
Posts: 357
I'll let you know how that new setup sounds once my headers and cam get installed in November. I'm expecting it will be just a tad louder lol.
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #132
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
I'll let you know how that new setup sounds once my headers and cam get installed in November. I'm expecting it will be just a tad louder lol.

You changed your exhaust again? Or are you talking about your current setup? Looks like we are all about to get a cam put in around the same time frame, should be interesting and exciting to say the least.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #133
Pharmaro
 
Pharmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville
Posts: 357
I think we have the same setup now regarding cats back.
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #134
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
I think we have the same setup now regarding cats back.
Yea, we do. It just took me 4 different exhaust configurations to finally figure out how I wanted my car to sound, lol.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #135
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
I don't have any pictures for this update...but I am too excited to not post about it. Ordered my PRC 255cc LS3 6 bolt cylinder heads today from Texas Speed and Performance. They only had one set left in stock, and as soon as they told me that, I pulled the trigger. It seems like I keep adding parts to my setup, but I am VERY close to having everything lol. At this point now, the only things I am missing are :

GM Head gaskets
ARP Head bolts
Joe Gibbs LS30

I may run into issues with my pushrod length (7.400 manley Chromoly) with the mill job on the heads, but that's no major issue as it can be resolved during the install. More to follow when I get my heads in the mail.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #136
FanDamNCSU
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS - L99
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Posts: 177
Dude, I just read this whole thread. You've come a long way, keep up the good work and good luck with the cam install!
__________________
2010 CGM 2SS/RS - L99
---------------------------------
Performance:
Vararam CAI, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, GM Performance Dual Mode Exhaust (NPP), JRE Tune, Hotchkis TVS Stage 2 Track Pack
Functional:
Hex Vents, Elite Catch Can, WeatherTech Digital Fit Mats, Escort Passport Max
Cosmetic:
Heritage Grill, GM Splash Guards
FanDamNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #137
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
I don't have any pictures for this update...but I am too excited to not post about it. Ordered my PRC 255cc LS3 6 bolt cylinder heads today from Texas Speed and Performance. They only had one set left in stock, and as soon as they told me that, I pulled the trigger. It seems like I keep adding parts to my setup, but I am VERY close to having everything lol. At this point now, the only things I am missing are :

GM Head gaskets
ARP Head bolts
Joe Gibbs LS30

I may run into issues with my pushrod length (7.400 manley Chromoly) with the mill job on the heads, but that's no major issue as it can be resolved during the install. More to follow when I get my heads in the mail.

Nice dude! Congrats. Car will be beast
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #138
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDamNCSU View Post
Dude, I just read this whole thread. You've come a long way, keep up the good work and good luck with the cam install!
Thanks brother, I appreciate it! Still have a long way to go though. My goal after the Cam/heads swap is to be able to run low 11's all motor on a 18'' D/R. I still need some more suspension mods, but it's all a work in progress. I wish I could sell these two sets of wheels and tires I have laying in my storage unit, then everything would be great! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Nice dude! Congrats. Car will be beast
Thanks man. I can't wait until you do your install thread on your cam.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #139
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Thanks brother, I appreciate it! Still have a long way to go though. My goal after the Cam/heads swap is to be able to run low 11's all motor on a 18'' D/R. I still need some more suspension mods, but it's all a work in progress. I wish I could sell these two sets of wheels and tires I have laying in my storage unit, then everything would be great! lol

Thanks man. I can't wait until you do your install thread on your cam.

Ill def need some tires, thats next on the list, but far away lol.

Im counting down the weeks till I can do it!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #140
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
TEASER PHOTO

These showed up earlier this week, but I figure I would add them to my build thread:

PRC 255cc LS3 6 bolt cylinder heads (milled to 66cc chambers)
I just purchased an LS3 Intake Manifold from a member on the forums, which I should receive later in the week, and then it will be sent off to get ported by Lethal Racing.
Attached Images
 
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #141
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
TEASER PHOTO

These showed up earlier this week, but I figure I would add them to my build thread:

PRC 255cc LS3 6 bolt cylinder heads (milled to 66cc chambers)
I just purchased an LS3 Intake Manifold from a member on the forums, which I should receive later in the week, and then it will be sent off to get ported by Lethal Racing.
Awesome!!!!!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #142
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
I am roughly two weeks away from making a 6 hour trip to PCM of NC to get my cam and heads install done. Today I ended up getting my head bolts, head gaskets, and Joe Gibbs LS30 oil. So far the cheapest I've seen LS30 at is on Jegs, because of the free shipping. AC Delco oil filter and GM valve cover gaskets are the last two things I'm missing off of my checklist.

The sad thing is, I bought some valve cover gaskets off Jegs two weeks ago, and they shipped out to my home address right after I left TN to come to Virginia for school for two months, lol. Now I have to order another set, ahh well.
Attached Images
 
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #143
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
I am roughly two weeks away from making a 6 hour trip to PCM of NC to get my cam and heads install done. Today I ended up getting my head bolts, head gaskets, and Joe Gibbs LS30 oil. So far the cheapest I've seen LS30 at is on Jegs, because of the free shipping. AC Delco oil filter and GM valve cover gaskets are the last two things I'm missing off of my checklist.

The sad thing is, I bought some valve cover gaskets off Jegs two weeks ago, and they shipped out to my home address right after I left TN to come to Virginia for school for two months, lol. Now I have to order another set, ahh well.
Nice. At least it was something more serious than valve cover gaskets
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #144
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Nice. At least it was something more serious than valve cover gaskets
Very true! On a positive note, Jegs has to be one of the fastest shippers of performance and repair parts in the states. I ordered those parts yesterday, and they will arrive tomorrow evening!
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #145
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Very true! On a positive note, Jegs has to be one of the fastest shippers of performance and repair parts in the states. I ordered those parts yesterday, and they will arrive tomorrow evening!
Excited for you man, cant wait to see how yours turns out and I really cant wait to do mine.

Im a little less nervous after researching and talking to my dad about how to avoid what happened to that guy who must have installed his cam a few degrees off.

My dad is a master mechanic, since I moved out and got my own house I havent had him help me with anything on my cars, but I think ill try to entice him to come over when I do this.

Dont know what to bribe him with, he is on a diet and doesnt like beer.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #146
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Excited for you man, cant wait to see how yours turns out and I really cant wait to do mine.

Im a little less nervous after researching and talking to my dad about how to avoid what happened to that guy who must have installed his cam a few degrees off.

My dad is a master mechanic, since I moved out and got my own house I havent had him help me with anything on my cars, but I think ill try to entice him to come over when I do this.

Dont know what to bribe him with, he is on a diet and doesnt like beer.

Thanks man, I'm definitely looking forward to it, as well as seeing the end result of your build!

Maybe you can get your dad something sports related to get him to help you, lol
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #147
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Thanks man, I'm definitely looking forward to it, as well as seeing the end result of your build!

Maybe you can get your dad something sports related to get him to help you, lol
Haha, either that or he will make me come help him work on his house or something haha.

Whats the timeframe for your install/tune and everything
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #148
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Well, finally after stockpiling thousands of dollars worth of Cam parts, it's done. PCM of NC started wrenching on her Monday morning, and finished tuning Friday morning. The final results were 498 rwhp and 446 ft lbs of torque. The car sounds awesome from the videos I have seen, but I have not picked her up yet. I will be making a trip from VA to NC tomorrow morning to seal the deal, and definitely enjoy a nice cruise back!

Attached Images
 
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #149
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #150
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Over 230 Satisfied 2010 Camaro Customers! Paddock Chevrolet has 40 in stock NOW camarojoe Dealer Camaros for Sale 2 05-24-2010 05:58 PM
Magnaflow 2010 Camaro SS Systems JDP Motorsports V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 61 12-12-2009 12:13 PM
new pics from the Oshawa yard gazers-son Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 168 04-29-2009 10:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.