Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
5thGenCamaroKid
No fat chix, car scrapes.

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Rear body line dent?

Maybe I'm being too nitpicky with noticing small nuances, but I wanted to check with the forum to ask if anyone else has noticed this: if you look down the body of the car, back to front, right above the wheel well in front of the rear reflector , there seems to be a small dent in the body line almost as if it's there the plastic meets the metal or perhaps it's part of the bodyline? It seems pretty symmetrical on both sides too.

I'm particularly adamant about parking pretty distant from people in parking lots and generally back the car in so I doubt it's a result of some careless people opening their door into the rear of my car. But, has anyone else noticed this dent? Or am I the only one?

Thanks.
5thGenCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
easy 5 minute fix. Look behind where the indentation is where the quarter panel meets the bumper panel..there are clips or snaps (I forget) that are supposed to line up. I bet you, one or two are not lined up/popped in place. You have to uncrew the rear part of the wheel well liner to see it. It is really easy though.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
IcallitROOSTER

Drives: Black 2011Auto/v6 2LT/RS blackint
I have the same thing though i think its only on one side, the passenger side its almost like a dent from the inside as if it were pushed out instead of in....... when i get my car ill check the driver side too. ill also check into the above.
IcallitROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Last year, one of the forum members noticed this same thing on his car which prompted me to check mine and sure enough, both sides were bowed out. You have to be a nitpicker to even notice it. Unscrew the rear part of the wheel well liner so you can pry it away a bit so you can see where the snaps are supposed to line up and pop in place. Line them up and push bumper panel in to snap it into place. Very very easy.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
5thGenCamaroKid

Thanks guys! I'm definitely a nitpicker. While we're at it, I'm experiencing a little bit of play (I can push in in and out) in the ~6 inch piece of plastic on the driver side, right where the door panel insert meets the dash with the matched color?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

hard to imagine what you mean by "little bit of play."

Listen, if you are going to go around and nitpicking on the whole car, you are never going to enjoy it.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
5thGenCamaroKid

I was re-reading the earlier posts you had made ffcobra_65 and you made mention of the plastic from the rear bumper being bowed out along the body line where the plastic meets the metal. Mine is actually bowed in on both sides symmetrically... Any thoughts on this? I haven't peeled back the liner in the wheel well yet to check the pins.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenCamaroKid View Post
I was re-reading the earlier posts you had made ffcobra_65 and you made mention of the plastic from the rear bumper being bowed out along the body line where the plastic meets the metal. Mine is actually bowed in on both sides symmetrically... Any thoughts on this? I haven't peeled back the liner in the wheel well yet to check the pins.
the problem is the same. The bowed in part is where the clips are actually popped in place like they should. take the 5 minutes and look see and I guarantee once you have the fender liner out of they way, you will see the issue. (you only have undo the back part of the liner to see/work on the issue)