Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 08-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Brought car to dealer for repair, clutch doesn't feel the same

I brought my car in because it had an oil leak at the back of the engine on the oil pan gasket. So a new cover and gaskets were ordered. They had to drop the tranny so everything was disconnected.

I went in last night to pick it up and pushed in the clutch, the first top half of the clutch pedal travel felt like nothing. Before bringing it in it was nice and stiff right from the top, I maybe had like 1/4 inch of free play (if that)

The mechanic didn't bleed the system so he did that today. I talked to him a little earlier and he told me that he got a few air bubbles out of it but nothing major. He said the pedal is better than last night. I'll have to wait and see how it is when I pick it up.

My question is, how much free travel do you guys have on your clutch pedals? Also, if anyone has had similar work done and got their car back with a different clutch feel. Much appreciated.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
My personal car is all modified so it may not help, but My clutch begins to travel as soon as I touch the pedal.... well at least within the first inch...

As for the stock car, I would say yes he did not bleed the system... and I think I had less than 2 inches of travel before my stock clutch began to release.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Update, the clutch pedal feels great now. Much better than the other night before bleeding the system. No play at the top and the pedal doesn't stick. I like the point where it engages a little more now.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Glad to hear it worked itself out... I figured it was the bleeding of the system. ENJOY!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote