Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #69
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Gosh for your sake I hope it's not true... You may not live long enough to see a new 500HP Z28 (at least one factory built)
Yeah I know...but I can always wish!

I have my 2SS on order...I'm good with that! It's been a long time coming and I'm just ready!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #70
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
I really would like to have the FINAL WORD on this stuff...I'm getting a new Camaro either way but I sure would like to know for sure if it's spring 2009 or summer/fall 2009!

More time means more money saved but also means more time to wait!

that is one bitter-sweet bright side

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #71
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Blur, you are going to regret posting that list for the rest of your time here on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
The list is nice.

But,

I'm thinking there are quite a few names left off. Lil Weasel, Robert91rs, 3whiterag, Chadrcr, and the list goes on and on.

Bottom line this site has informed people on it. Our members include other camaro site mods and admins, Desciples, the everday joe that is a student of all things Camaro. More insiders than can be counted, all here to help make this site what it is.

But its the cumulative effect of all of us that makes it such a cool place to be.
I couldn't have said this any better.

I could swear I remember seeing an engineer say that while they were taping for that saving GM eposide over the summer that they felt there was some more left they needed to tune on the V8s, so perhaps this is what your insider was suggesting. That was several months ago now so if that was the case it probably isn't anymore. Regardless of that, I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about. GM isn't going to do this car wrong. Look how much thought they put into all aspects of the car. With the way things are now, I'm sure they have a vested interest in making sure this car delivers, and more, and appeals to as many buyers as possible. Like many others, I don't thing there's a reason to worry until someone trustworthy says, and I don't ever see that happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Gosh for your sake I hope it's not true... You may not live long enough to see a new 500HP Z28 (at least one factory built)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Sorry but that guy sounds like he is full of it, or he is listening to someone in his company who is full of it. Anybody here with a job should know rumors fly and gain legs in a workplace like noones business. I'm sure there is still some engineering going on, and if there is I'm sure Scott can't comment on it which is why he hasn't replied. The company as well is pushing the virtues of the V6 as they see that will be their bread and butter in the end (enthusiasts aside of which there aren't enough of us to make this profitable).

Oh and a few of the recent test cars that we have seen random pics of are SS's... we can't confirm the tranny choice obviously.

I am not worried because unlike many I don't believe everything I read on the internet... even though it must be true because it's here!
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #72
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader;205444]Sorry but that guy sounds like he is full of it, or he is listening to someone in his company who is full of it. QUOTE]

If your stating that im full of it,... i have serious anger issues that i am beginning to try to supress in my head. Watch what you say and try to be respectful without offending anyone, i clearly stated to believe what you want, and that i am sure it will be worked out. And i only passed info i thought you would want to hear. Do not say i am full of it. I hate people who accuse people based on assumptions.
Im sure everyone at GM wants to break out rumours of the camaro having flaws especially when their jobs are counting on it. Re-think your statement, theres always possibilities of running into difficulties, but they work them out. We are all confident in GM's effort with the Camaro.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #73
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

If your stating that im full of it,... i have serious anger issues that i am beginning to try to supress in my head. Watch what you say and try to be respectful without offending anyone, i clearly stated to believe what you want, and that i am sure it will be worked out. And i only passed info i thought you would want to hear. Do not say i am full of it. I hate people who accuse people based on assumptions.
Im sure everyone at GM wants to break out rumours of the camaro having flaws especially when their jobs are counting on it. Re-think your statement, theres always possibilities of running into difficulties, but they work them out. We are all confident in GM's effort with the Camaro.

Sorry I should have been clearer in my post I wasn't speaking of you actually I was talking about the aforementioned poster from Corvetteforum (Montvalegolf?), who I thought was the same guy you were referring to in your original post. I figured we were so far gone from the original post this would have been clear. My bad.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #74
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
[quote=TJ91;205588]
Quote:
Sorry but that guy sounds like he is full of it, or he is listening to someone in his company who is full of it. QUOTE]

Easy bro, i'm near positive Rogue was refering to whomever the 'inside source' is, not a personal shot @ you
Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #75
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
[QUOTE=Chewy;205594]
Quote:

Easy bro, i'm near positive Rogue was refering to whomever the 'inside source' is, not a personal shot @ you
Appreciate it, i was confused, but i would post anything here if i thought it was bull. Believe me i would check on it twice. But anyways thats that
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #76
SQUALO

Drives: '10 Camaro SS into a '15 Stingray
If I'm allowed to intervene with MY opinion, I think this post has reached a point of no return, as respect is going out the window . Let's all accept the information we received at face value, and I'm sure time will tell.

I think TJ91 has had enough bashing, not to mention most everyone else, stating an opinion. SO GROW UP, AND MOVE ON!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #77
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:

Appreciate it, i was confused, but i would post anything here if i thought it was bull. Believe me i would check on it twice. But anyways thats that
Please see my apology on the prior page, I didn't mean it as you read.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #78
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Good job guys.

This thread became very confusing when this was added mid-stream:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdecroo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by car guy
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...post1567961703

check out this link on the Corvette forum. Look for the posts by MONTVALEGOLF. Claims to have over 30 yrs with GM and is saying late Aug. at the earliest for the SS to be built with late May production for non V8. Also says don't hold your breath for the Camaro and claims to not be going by hearsay

[Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Not registered -- pls go tell him that I said he's wrong.

(we've already built a couple of SSs.....)
The Corvette Forum poster is a nice, decent, Corvette enthusiast that worked for GM for 30yrs.

Someone told him that the SS Camaro's would not be produced until August, if at all.

The L99 thing is trivial now. That may have delayed them a bit, but this person is sayng AUGUST, before they produce an SS.

We're all waiting for more sources to confirm or deny, and we are hoping fbod will drop by and reassure us.

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #79
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Good job guys.

This thread became very confusing when this was added mid-stream:

The Corvette Forum poster is a nice, decent, Corvette enthusiast that worked for GM for 30yrs.

Someone told him that the SS Camaro's would not be produced until August, if at all.

The L99 thing is trivial now. That may have delayed them a bit, but this person is sayng AUGUST, before they produce an SS.

We're all waiting for more sources to confirm or deny, and we are hoping fbod will drop by and reassure us.

The rest of that post is a reply by Fbodfather stating that Montvalegolf is wrong.

My post may have been harshly worded and I'm sorry. I respect this man and his work for the company but I believe he is receiving secondhand scuttlebutt at work which as any of us who has a job knows can be quite wrong.

We have no other confirmation of this, and fbodfather himself replied to kdecroo that this information is wrong. What else do we need?

Old 12-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #80
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
This thread is about what I "hate" about this Camaro. We've been waiting for sooo long, and we still don't have full info.

I mean Fbod and others give us hints and so on, I also know GM can't say everything for strategy reasons (and probably don't even know everything they're gonna do regarding actual economical situation) and so on..

But all would be so simple if only we had some official information saying as of now:
- V8/V6 will be built from XX to XX month;
- ..... will be delivered from xx to xx month;
- Convert will/won't come into production between XX 200? and XX 20??
- There won't/will be a supercharged Z28 or whatever between XX 200? and XX 20?? ...
- etc

I understand all the joy this car brings to Camaro fans who are just happy the car is back, but I guess we are quite a few (not on this site which is a camaro enthusiats' one) who like the Camaro's history but who would buy mustang/challenger/charger/ whatever without problem if the other brand was faster/nicer.

We're craving for solid infos. I'm dreaming? Yup, prolly, however, that would be nice to KNOW what we're gonna do ... i hate to see people (especially me) wondering: do I go for a coupé or wait for the vert? Do I go for a SS or wait for a Z28? Do I wait for HUD? Do I wait for XXXX? Will we have a XX or do I have to wait for it?

I DO understand Chevy has been amazingly "transparent" showing the concept, the pre pro, the prod version and so on ... but the bad part of it is that we're feeling like we've been waiting for years and years and years (which is actually true).

I'm afraid this waiting + relative "lack" of info + false/partially true "said insiders" info may kill the love for some people.

Was a little off topic but I guess GM should end these insider info by releasing FULL info
Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #81
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
This thread is about what I "hate" about this Camaro. We've been waiting for sooo long, and we still don't have full info.

I mean Fbod and others give us hints and so on, I also know GM can't say everything for strategy reasons (and probably don't even know everything they're gonna do regarding actual economical situation) and so on..

But all would be so simple if only we had some official information saying as of now:
- V8/V6 will be built from XX to XX month;
- ..... will be delivered from xx to xx month;
- Convert will/won't come into production between XX 200? and XX 20??
- There won't/will be a supercharged Z28 or whatever between XX 200? and XX 20?? ...
- etc

I understand all the joy this car brings to Camaro fans who are just happy the car is back, but I guess we are quite a few (not on this site which is a camaro enthusiats' one) who like the Camaro's history but who would buy mustang/challenger/charger/ whatever without problem if the other brand was faster/nicer.

We're craving for solid infos. I'm dreaming? Yup, prolly, however, that would be nice to KNOW what we're gonna do ... i hate to see people (especially me) wondering: do I go for a coupé or wait for the vert? Do I go for a SS or wait for a Z28? Do I wait for HUD? Do I wait for XXXX? Will we have a XX or do I have to wait for it?

I DO understand Chevy has been amazingly "transparent" showing the concept, the pre pro, the prod version and so on ... but the bad part of it is that we're feeling like we've been waiting for years and years and years (which is actually true).

I'm afraid this waiting + relative "lack" of info + false/partially true "said insiders" info may kill the love for some people.

Was a little off topic but I guess GM should end these insider info by releasing FULL info
Well if you are speaking of "years and years and years" from when the Concept was first released, all those "years" will only be three years NEXT month! The Concept was released in January 2006, so even a March '09 build date would only be three years and two months(and Chevy did not commit to building a new Camaro until August of 2006)!! I think Chevy/GM has been very forthcoming with info about the new Camaro when I compare it to how little info got out ahead of full product release for many makes/models from the past. If there is a tranny issue, I'm sure it will be resolved quickly, as far as the Montvalegolf poster, I think he simply got incorrect info.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #82
camaro5

Quote:
The rest of that post is a reply by Fbodfather stating that Montvalegolf is wrong.

My post may have been harshly worded and I'm sorry. I respect this man and his work for the company but I believe he is receiving secondhand scuttlebutt at work which as any of us who has a job knows can be quite wrong.

We have no other confirmation of this, and fbodfather himself replied to kdecroo that this information is wrong. What else do we need?
I sincerely think you all did a great job being respectful, and civilized. A trait missing at most other sites like this one.

So the fbod comment, you feel that is a PM? I asked the poster to confirm. I guess that makes sense.

And no one should even get worked up at all, untill GM says it, clearly.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #83
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I sincerely think you all did a great job being respectful, and civilized. A trait missing at most other sites like this one.

So the fbod comment, you feel that is a PM? I asked the poster to confirm. I guess that makes sense.

And no one should even get worked up at all, untill GM says it, clearly.

Thats what it looks like to me. That he is responding to the Corvetteforum post in a PM because he is not registered there and doesn't plan on it.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #84
camaro5

Quote:
Thats what it looks like to me. That he is responding to the Corvetteforum post in a PM because he is not registered there and doesn't plan on it.

Yep. Sounds right to me.

Looking forward to hearing from Scott on our site.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #85
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
He's due back from Iraq in April 09 and wants to have a new car waiting for him.
Even if this is false, the chances of him having a new Camaro waiting on him will be very slim. Remember GM has said that they will be starting off slow and ramping up and that they will only be accepting a small amount of orders at the start.

If the tranny problems are true, I see it only affecting those that are #1 at their dealer and out of those only the ones who got lucky enough to have their order picked up in the very 1st batch. I don't see this as being that big of a deal as GM has 5-6 months before you start seeing them in large quantities to fix it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote