Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #69
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Have had the spoiler bolt problem twice until my husband put lock tite on himself
Have had tires road tested for vibration at higher speeds sterring wheel shake-rebalanced tires at 8300
Had new transmission at 8500 miles noise in first and second
Had passenger side tie-rod end replaced at 8300
Had rear end fluid changed and they claimed posi clutches adjusted at about 10500 same noise you had
my ac fan whistles at the two highest speeds but I'm not willing to let them tear my dash apart for that I just turn up the radio
My USB sometimes looses connection with my IPOD but they have told me there is nothing wrong with the car
my front red SS emblem paint peeled got replaced at 9000
I have clunking in front struts when going over bumpy roads again they tell me it's normal

That's my list.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #70
S-10Ken

Drives: 94 S-10 01 Silverado 68, 10 Camaro
WOW Im sorry to hear of such a long list of problems Ive had my 2SS RS for 11 months and have 7000 miles with no problems. My wife has a V6 and the only problem she had was loose spoiler nuts which I replaced with loc nuts and she has 6500 miles on hers.
S-10Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #71
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Over 15k on mine and no problems either. Yours may qualify for an exchange under the "Lemon Law" . . . wouldn't hurt to ask about it if you're that unhappy about it.
Good luck.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #72
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
i just passed 20000 miles last week, one week before one year ownership
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #73
bottjeremy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2SS Born 5/2010
Paint chipping problem under the rear wing is the only problem i had. The dealer said he's never heard of this, sure.... They replaced the trunk TWICE with a 2011 which supposably has a spacer to stop the chipping.
Dyno Tuned by Henderson Performance.
428 RWHP
423 Ft-lbs Torque
bottjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #74
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I noticed the other day my date was off -- but I can't say 100% that it hasn't always been off -- I never turn the radio off so I never actually see the date. I'm pretty sure it was right before but....it's minor to me - the radio's always on so I don't care if the date gets messed up now and again...I'm pretty sure I know what day it is anyway....

My USB has issues connecting to my iTouch, but that's b/c the USB was programmed using the last technology and not expectant of new technology and Apple went and changed all their ports on all the new products just to get more $$ and make people but new sht so....I just unplug and re-plug it back in when it doesn't connect -- pain in the arse but whatever.

The HVAC recall was on my car too but they didn't find anything wrong so....

Only thing I really care about that irritates me are the friggen squealing brakes that they refused to fix - come to find out there was a TSB on it and they basically just told me "oh well"....I'm too lazy to go them tho since it's out of my way so....

Otherwise - I mean... I think my car's perfect. I could care less about the date thing or the USB (I mean it's annoying but easily fixable)....

Edit -- and I'll hit a year in two weeks and have 22k miles on it so....
Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #75
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Have not had a single problem, took delivery in April (knock on wood).
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #76
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
To.... KeepitGreasey, this "Broad" hasn't had any problems.
that's good to hear, dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblu View Post
Have had the spoiler bolt problem twice until my husband put lock tite on himself
Have had tires road tested for vibration at higher speeds sterring wheel shake-rebalanced tires at 8300
Had new transmission at 8500 miles noise in first and second
Had passenger side tie-rod end replaced at 8300
Had rear end fluid changed and they claimed posi clutches adjusted at about 10500 same noise you had
my ac fan whistles at the two highest speeds but I'm not willing to let them tear my dash apart for that I just turn up the radio
My USB sometimes looses connection with my IPOD but they have told me there is nothing wrong with the car
my front red SS emblem paint peeled got replaced at 9000
I have clunking in front struts when going over bumpy roads again they tell me it's normal

That's my list.
yeah they fed me the same line about the "posi clutches" acting up.

the USB connectivity issues piss me off.

oh yeah... i hear a loud clunking from my rear end on a rough road, or going over railroad tracks. they checked and said everything was tight (gonna have to check it for myself), and they said that they "could not duplicate the problem" - so of course, they did nothing to fix it.

these people at the dealership are EXTREMELY lazy and flakey. i can't even tell you how many times i've had to drive around with the mechanic or the shop foreman to point out the problems that they never noticed by driving it on their own.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #77
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Otherwise - I mean... I think my car's perfect.
yeah, if i just ignore everything that is funked up with my car, i'd say it was perfect too hahah
Old 08-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #78
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
that's good to hear, dear!

yeah they fed me the same line about the "posi clutches" acting up.

the USB connectivity issues piss me off.

oh yeah... i hear a loud clunking from my rear end on a rough road, or going over railroad tracks. they checked and said everything was tight (gonna have to check it for myself), and they said that they "could not duplicate the problem" - so of course, they did nothing to fix it.

these people at the dealership are EXTREMELY lazy and flakey. i can't even tell you how many times i've had to drive around with the mechanic or the shop foreman to point out the problems that they never noticed by driving it on their own.

yeah I had to go to three dealers before I could find one that would fix my transmission issues and two for the diff. What B.S, like I have all the time in the world to waste trying to get them to see that there is something wrong I'm not just being picky!
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #79
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblu View Post
yeah I had to go to three dealers before I could find one that would fix my transmission issues and two for the diff. What B.S, like I have all the time in the world to waste trying to get them to see that there is something wrong I'm not just being picky!
yeah they'll feed you line after line, telling you that this is how it's supposed to run, that this is how ALL the Camaro's are, that there isn't a fix for this yet... etc...

apparently, being an "authorized GM dealer" doesn't mean much.

don't get me wrong, i am definitely picking this car apart. for months there were posts on C5 about how noisy the AFM is on L99's. mine appears to be particularly horrible. if i'm coasting, then gently apply the accelerator - maaaaaaan this engine will flutter and vibrate and hesitate to speed up. i can get this sombitch to flutter for 5 seconds before it decides what to do. but of course, the shop foreman tells me "this is a normal characteristic" - BS. so i test drove at 2011 with an L99... it was like night and day. yeah, i could hear/feel it a little, but it was really hard for me to duplicate at all. so then they tried to feed me some more BS, telling me that it was louder and more noticeable because of the mufflers i put on. BUT... i went through my records, and i originally complained about it back in December - about 4 months before i even bought my SLP LMII's.

i'm gonna sit down today and go through all my paperwork and try to see how many days i've gone without my car. and from now on, i'm keeping extremely detailed records of my interactions with the dealership. AND i am going to call GM and make an official complaint.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #80
Wanna-Play

Drives: 2012 camaro Silver 2-Lt
I have too agree that so far the camaro has too many problems, new model, yes but they have been playing around for a fews years now, it is sad that it is always the owner that always pays, But I guess we are too blame as much as the manufactures, we all want every option and the latest and greatest and the maufactures want too build as cheap as they can, so they still have the profit!!
Wanna-Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #81
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna-Play View Post
I have too agree that so far the camaro has too many problems, new model, yes but they have been playing around for a fews years now, it is sad that it is always the owner that always pays, But I guess we are too blame as much as the manufactures, we all want every option and the latest and greatest and the maufactures want too build as cheap as they can, so they still have the profit!!
maybe i'm just "racist" against Canadians... if that's possible haha

i really wish that we could have employed 100% Americans for this car. no Mexican transmissions... no Canadian parts or assembly... keep it pure American. if it was American built, i'd have to bite my tongue.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #82
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

spent a couple hours going through all my paperwork...

here are the details:

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Service Log
2G1FK1EJ9A910XXXX
11/13/08 – Placed $5000 deposit on 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS order.

06/23/09 – Took delivery of 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS. Delivery miles on odometer – 26 miles.

08/14/09 – Driver side pillar molding popping off. Brought to dealer @ 1,501 miles.

XX/XX/09 – Black plastic/rubber exterior window trim around the small triangle window on driver’s side was peeling up on its own. Brought to dealer; Dealer applied adhesive to the window trim and advised not to wash the car for 24 so the glue would have proper time to cure. No dealer paperwork or documentation was provided for this service. Brought to dealer @ X,XXX miles.

09/14/09 – Rear spoiler loose, and loose nuts rolling around inside trunk lid. Also complained that protective plastic film on underside corner of trunk lid was peeling up. Brought to dealer @ 2,454 miles.

10/09/09 – Brought to dealer for oil change and 27 point inspection @ 3,354 miles.

12/10/09 – Radio display freezes. Heater core “gurgle” while driving. Noise (whine) and vibration from steering column. Power hesitation/bump when applying gentle pressure on accelerator. Noise from engine heard and felt through exhaust (rumble and pop/stock mufflers). Brought to dealer @ 5,181 miles.

12/11/09 – Picked up Camaro. “Reprogrammed radio unit.” “Reprogrammed HVAC.” “Inspected engine harness as per recall.” “Installed one-way flow valve into heater core inlet hose.” “Unable to duplicate” noise and vibration from steering column. “Unable to duplicate” power bump/hesitation while accelerating. Dealer states that rumble and pop through exhaust are “Normal Active Fuel Management System Operating Characteristic… Normal Condition At This Time.”

01/28/10 – Radio display goes blank and menus become inaccessible. Brought to dealer @ 5,826 miles.

02/01/10 – Picked up Camaro. “Reprogram[med] the multimedia interface player module with new calibration to correct USB connectivity issues.”

04/06/10 – Installed SLP Loudmouth II axle-back exhaust, ordered from LMPerformance on 03/29/10. Stock mufflers were filled with water. Drain holes appeared to be rusted shut. May explain “rumble and pop” through exhaust originally brought to the dealer’s attention on 12/10/09.

07/23/10 – Stopped by dealer because my analog speedometer wasn’t working while I was driving around town. Made an appointment to drop it off for service the following Monday.

07/26/10 – Rear spoiler is loose again. Paint chipping/abrasion around base of spoiler. Radio display does not keep date accurately. Oil dripping from front-end. Analog speedometer is intermittently inoperative. “Clunk” from rear end while driving over rough road or railroad tracks. Noise/vibration from power steering. Tapping/clicking noise from engine at start-up. Engine flutter and hesitation upon gentle acceleration. Mp3 playback from USB drive does not keep order of playback after shutting off vehicle, then restarting. Brought to dealer @ 8,743 miles.

07/29/10 –There were several issues that “Could not be duplicated at this time.” I went to dealer and waited an hour to drive around with technician in order to show him exactly what I’m hearing and complaining about. I pointed out the noisy power steering. Together, we discovered a new pulsating vibration/noise coming from rear-end differential/u-joint area. I duplicated the engine flutter and hesitation upon gentle acceleration. The tech commented that he noticed this as well when he drove it earlier with the shop foreman, who passed it off as a normal characteristic of the engine. Noticed condensation in the inside of reverse light – needs to be repaired to prevent issues with the bulb/electrical connections.

08/03/10 – Picked up Camaro. “Removed rear spoiler and applied Locktite 242 to threads… replaced one nut.” “Unable to duplicate” radio not keeping date (because I reset the date [for the 2nd or 3rd time] before I dropped off the Camaro) but “Reprogrammed radio using the latest calibration available… as per bulletin.” Found and repaired “Oil cooler leaking oil at seal between engine and cooler. Faulty seal. Removed oil cooler and replaced oil cooler seal.” Found and repaired “Oil pan gasket leaking behind starter and right front of oil pan. Replaced oil pan gasket with new part. Added GMS to front and rear lower engine covers.” “Unable to duplicate [inoperative analog speedometer] concern at this time.” “Unable to duplicate [clunk from rear end]. Operating as designed.” “Power steering fluid level was at minimum. Did not find any power steering leaks. Topped off power steering fluid level.” Mp3 playback issue – “See history. Reprogrammed radio with latest software calibration.” Engine tapping at start up – “Unable to duplicate customer’s concern. Operating as designed.” Engine hesitation and flutter – “Roadtest vehicle verify active fuel management system normal operating characteristics. Note: Aftermarket muffler amplify change in exhaust tone when active fuel management is operating.” NOTE: Aftermarket mufflers were installed 4 months after I initially complained about the engine hesitation and flutter. “Rear end chatter at low speed turns caused by slip/stick of posi-traction clutch plates. Drained and filled differential with new fluid and additive.” Paint chipping/abrasion under rear spoiler was touched-up, but not listed among the other jobs on paperwork. Reverse light condensation was also not listed on paperwork.

08/03/10 – Test drove a 2011 Camaro SS (auto) to compare it to my 2010 Camaro SS (auto). Upon start-up, the sales associate and I both took notice of the “tapping/clicking” sound that lasted no longer than 10 seconds, and could not be duplicated immediately by shutting the engine off and restarting it. I was not able to duplicate the drastic flutter and hesitation that exists with my Camaro when Active Fuel Management turns on and off. I could tell when Active Fuel Management kicks in, but the operation is considerably smoother and does not affect the ride of the vehicle. I received my paperwork and left the service department after 6pm (closing time). I was halfway home when I noticed that my analog speedometer was not working at all, so I turned around and went back to the dealer. Everyone from the service department had left by the time I returned to the dealer (15-20 minutes after I left). I spoke with Harbor Chevrolet Sales Manager, Rocky Spradling, and explained to him that I had come back because my speedometer wasn’t working – and the service department didn’t want to perform any repairs without duplicating the problem. I then rode in my car with Rocky driving it through the dealer lot, showing him that the speedometer was indeed not working at all. Rocky made a couple calls and ensured that I would be able to come back at my convenience and have this problem fixed. I also pointed out the fact that the paint touch up under the rear spoiler looked horrible, and he agreed. Will have to return to dealer for repairs to – Analog Speedometer; Mp3 Playback issues not resolved, selecting “Random” does not play tracks at random at all, but in alphabetical order of song titles; Reverse light condensation; Paint chipping/abrasion under rear spoiler; Protective plastic at underside corner of trunk lid peeling up; Active Fuel Management hesitation and flutter; And to request a copy of the “27 Point Checklist” that is supposed to be completed upon inspection of a customer’s vehicle.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #83
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
not that many, but I can say that as far as quality goes, this is one of the worst for a car I have ever owned and I won't own a GM again after this car unless it is a C6 Z06 .. I can overlook quality on that car if it has any of the same issues.

Crowley
Old 08-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #84
~Stacy~

Drives: 14 camaro 13 cruze
Camaro

I had my Camaro for almost 7 months. I will be rollin 7,000 miles in about 10 miles. I guess to me it still feels weird owning a Chevy because I drove Pontiacs for over 10 years. 3 Grand Am's and 2 G6's. I had my camaro at the dealer at least 15 times already. But it was all for installs and I only had two issues with the car. The first issue is the front splitter issue which is fairly common. But the dealer fixed it 3 times for me and never charged me since they installed it for me. The second issue is the sunroof. They had to relubcriate the tracks beause it gets kind of bouncy once in a while. I'm completely 100% satisfied with Chevy and I'm happy I moved over to a Chevy Brand. I didn't get to pick out my camaro and order it. I had 3 weeks to locate one and I found one off a dealers lot in Green Bay that was in my price range.
I ordered my first new car from the factory 2003 Pontiac Grand AM GT1 Silver Coupe 30th Anniversary Edition. The thing was a stinkin lemon. Warning check engine lights comin on at 3,000 miles. Other warning lights coming on at random. Several window regulators, blower resistors and at the end by speedo gauge was stickin. It's nice drivin down the highway when you have a cop following you and you don't know how fast you are going The grand am was the last car I ordered from GM. Sad to say but my other two new cars I got off dealer trades and one I bought out of the showroom with 2 miles on it. I always had really good luck.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #85
Mag-Tex

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
WOW. I'm over 10k miles and one year and have not had the first problem.
Mag-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, issues, leak, spoiler, usb