Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
MrGazinya

 
MrGazinya's Avatar
 
Drives: Aggressive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southampton, PA.
Posts: 1,067
Billy Boat bullets vs Borla Stingers

I have been listening to youtube video's of both Catback exhaust systems on the C6 LS3 corvette. I am leaning toward the B&B Bullets because they just sound sick. The Borla stingers are incredible as well. I'm guessing that both companies will have systems for the SS Ls3. I know Borla is a great exhaust company, just not sure about B&B though. Anybody have experience with B&B Bullets, and how loud are they?
__________________
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. Powdercoated 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: Diabloed by Jannetty Racing: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods:

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark
 
LSxJunkie's Avatar
 
Drives: RX350
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3L Hell
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
I have been listening to youtube video's of both Catback exhaust systems on the C6 LS3 corvette. I am leaning toward the B&B Bullets because they just sound sick. The Borla stingers are incredible as well. I'm guessing that both companies will have systems for the SS Ls3. I know Borla is a great exhaust company, just not sure about B&B though. Anybody have experience with B&B Bullets, and how loud are they?
How the hell are you going to judge Camaro exhausts through C6 videos?

The Camaro catback is going to be bent completely differently, going to be longer, probably using different mufflers, all of which changing the tone of the exhaust.
__________________
What is this, CorvetteForum Lite?
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #3
frank99ta
 
Drives: Trans Am
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 65
I imagine they should sound similar. The Billy Boat on the vette is terrible. It sounds good but the drone will about kill you. I really didn't think they were that loud. On my c6 I just cut off the mufflers and ran straight pipe. Sounds mean as hell, and I saved 1000 bucks over a borla and about 800 over a B&B. What they charge for an exhaust on the corvette is ridiculous. Hopefully the exhaust systems for the camaro will be more affordable. Only time will tell.
frank99ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
TomServo
 
Drives: 2007 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 727
I had BOTH on my 06 vette, I could only live with the B&B Bullets a few days before I had to remove them. The interior resonances were so bad not only did interior pieces buzz, but after a 30 minute drive my ears were "ringing".

I then bought the Borla Sports aka Stingers and fell in love. Yes they have some resonances but no where near as intense as the Bullets.

I'd be careful buying ANY aftermarket cat-back system until enough are sold so folks can arrange some test drives.

I'll post a photo of both systems when I get home from work today.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #5
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark
 
LSxJunkie's Avatar
 
Drives: RX350
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3L Hell
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99ta View Post
I imagine they should sound similar. The Billy Boat on the vette is terrible. It sounds good but the drone will about kill you. I really didn't think they were that loud. On my c6 I just cut off the mufflers and ran straight pipe. Sounds mean as hell, and I saved 1000 bucks over a borla and about 800 over a B&B. What they charge for an exhaust on the corvette is ridiculous. Hopefully the exhaust systems for the camaro will be more affordable. Only time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
I had BOTH on my 06 vette, I could only live with the B&B Bullets a few days before I had to remove them. The interior resonances were so bad not only did interior pieces buzz, but after a 30 minute drive my ears were "ringing".

I then bought the Borla Sports aka Stingers and fell in love. Yes they have some resonances but no where near as intense as the Bullets.

I'd be careful buying ANY aftermarket cat-back system until enough are sold so folks can arrange some test drives.

I'll post a photo of both systems when I get home from work today.

Again, drone is a combination of interior acoustics and muffler location, both of which will be different on the Camaro....
__________________
What is this, CorvetteForum Lite?
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
TomServo
 
Drives: 2007 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Again, drone is a combination of interior acoustics and muffler location, both of which will be different on the Camaro....
Agreed!!! Until we get some real world experience (cars and cat-back manufactured and in use) I'd be hesitant in buying or recommending any of them prior to a test drive.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99ta View Post
I imagine they should sound similar. The Billy Boat on the vette is terrible. It sounds good but the drone will about kill you. I really didn't think they were that loud. On my c6 I just cut off the mufflers and ran straight pipe. Sounds mean as hell, and I saved 1000 bucks over a borla and about 800 over a B&B. What they charge for an exhaust on the corvette is ridiculous. Hopefully the exhaust systems for the camaro will be more affordable. Only time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Agreed!!! Until we get some real world experience (cars and cat-back manufactured and in use) I'd be hesitant in buying or recommending any of them prior to a test drive.
Not hearing any system, I'd go with the street CB that GMPP will release if I were interested in noise. I'm sure it will easily pass any noise requirements that have to be met out there. I think I'd lean more toward bullet style mufflers though and will definately be checking out the off-road system GMPP says they're going to have too. With as much as catbacks are getting, it won't be cheap either way, I'm sure...
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #8
TomServo
 
Drives: 2007 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 727
Personally I wish they offer the Corvette RPO NPP exhaust option.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
MerlinZero
Big Orange
 
MerlinZero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
I had BOTH on my 06 vette, I could only live with the B&B Bullets a few days before I had to remove them. The interior resonances were so bad not only did interior pieces buzz, but after a 30 minute drive my ears were "ringing".

I then bought the Borla Sports aka Stingers and fell in love. Yes they have some resonances but no where near as intense as the Bullets.

I'd be careful buying ANY aftermarket cat-back system until enough are sold so folks can arrange some test drives.

I'll post a photo of both systems when I get home from work today.
Tom, I agree entirely. I removed the GMPP exhaust from my order for this reason.... I will get the car and see how it sounds before i do anything, also it will give the market time to catch up.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
TomServo
 
Drives: 2007 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 727
Take a peak at my B&B Bullets

Nasty resonances and lasted 2 days.

They were replaced by the Borla Sports


Some resonances but nothing like the B&B's. I really liked them. But than again I have a manual, the auto guys still have issues.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.