Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Thumbs up Drove an HHR

Got an HHR as a rental this week and I am very impressed. Comfortable ride, roomy, and the interior fit and finish are impressive. Makes me wonder why I don't see many of them on the road?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
I had one for a rental too. For what it is, I thought it was nice as well. There is alot of room inside there to put things too!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I just drove my sister-in-laws HHR a couple weeks ago. I liked it a lot better than the Cobalt its based off of.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
I'm with you guys. I rented one and loved it. I think the problem is only the styling. If they would have made more modern looking more people would have bought them. You look like a total loser in one of those no matter what you do to them. But, they are very practical and economical. GM barely missed the boat when they styled it so cheesey.

Did any of you drive the SS version? I test drove one. Pretty cool car! I almost bought it, but I couldn't get over the gawdy styling.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
Wilder
Synergy Green <3

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
HHR's are great

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4383&pictureid=93296
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I'm with you guys. I rented one and loved it. I think the problem is only the styling. If they would have made more modern looking more people would have bought them. You look like a total loser in one of those no matter what you do to them. But, they are very practical and economical. GM barely missed the boat when they styled it so cheesey.

Did any of you drive the SS version? I test drove one. Pretty cool car! I almost bought it, but I couldn't get over the gawdy styling.
You really did touch on something here! Because there really is nothing wrong with the car...but the styling does leave you wanting.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

I don't mind the styling, though I can see why some don't like it. GM didn't have too many options with the sheet metal though. They could have made it a Cobalt wagon, which would have been bad. Or done something like what Toyota has since done with the Venza which is just as bad. What they ended up doing was make a less revolting PT Cruiser, which isn't so bad.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 08-20-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I don't mind the styling, though I can see why some don't like it. GM didn't have too many options with the sheet metal though. They could have made it a Cobalt wagon, which would have been bad. Or done something like what Toyota has since done with the Venza which is just as bad. What they ended up doing was make a less revolting PT Cruiser, which isn't so bad.
There's a reason why they stopped making the pT cruiser.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
There's a reason why they stopped making the pT cruiser.
Yeah, but they just stopped making them, don't know why they waited so long but I guess people were still buying them.

Anyway, speaking of horrible PT Cruisers I saw one today that was done up as an old woody wagon. Complete with white walls and what appeared to be a cover over the spare tire on the rear door/hatch.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 08-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #10
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post

Till this one blows the doors off your camaro!

http://www.maxchevy.com/features/roa...6-panel-4.html

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #11
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yeah, but they just stopped making them, don't know why they waited so long but I guess people were still buying them.

Anyway, speaking of horrible PT Cruisers I saw one today that was done up as an old woody wagon. Complete with white walls and what appeared to be a cover over the spare tire on the rear door/hatch.
i seen one or 2 in my town with the 3D 'woody' stick on side and rear panels, but not with the panels and whitewall tires tho. I bet it looked cool with both, but that's just me. as for me I like the PT 'styling' over the HHR, I almost bought a GT Cruiser with the High Output TURBO 2.4 motor.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I love my HHR SS!!