Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

4th Generation Camaros 1993-2002

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
devildogcollier
semper fidelis
 
Drives: 95 z28 lt1 6-sp,73' nova 350
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: triangle virginia
Posts: 65
BODY BEAUTIFICATION

does anyone know where i can find some decent body kits to fit my 95 z?????
devildogcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,817
Have you looked ar RK Sport?
http://www.rksport.com/main/catalog_...tid=4&appid=96
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
devildogcollier
semper fidelis
 
Drives: 95 z28 lt1 6-sp,73' nova 350
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: triangle virginia
Posts: 65
yeah but the only kit they have for the 95 makes it look like a freakin tuner!!!!! i want to stay as far away from that as possible......what id really like is a cowl induction hood and a rear tail fin...like on the 79's and such
devildogcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,046
We had a poll on these two kits, maybe this will help. I chose sonoco, its a good kit.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=sonoco+kit
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,817
do you mean this type spoiler
http://www.rksport.com/main/part_det...mdid=1&catid=4

I like this also
http://www.rksport.com/main/part_det...mdid=1&catid=4
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
devildogcollier
semper fidelis
 
Drives: 95 z28 lt1 6-sp,73' nova 350
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: triangle virginia
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
yeah that's the spoiler i like, and that effects kit sounds nice but what the hell does it look like on the car?????,,,,im very picky about body mods.....also, that sonoco kit is expensive!!!! will it fit the 95????
devildogcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,046
^I don't know, but some of our members might chime in on it. It was expensive, that was one of the major drawbacks that he had, but the kit is sooo nice, and comes with a complete change of the car. Look closely, you will notice the differences.
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
devildogcollier
semper fidelis
 
Drives: 95 z28 lt1 6-sp,73' nova 350
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: triangle virginia
Posts: 65
ive already looked that kit up and down.... i do like it but does it fit a 95?????
devildogcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #9
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogcollier View Post
yeah that's the spoiler i like, and that effects kit sounds nice but what the hell does it look like on the car?????,,,,im very picky about body mods.....also, that sonoco kit is expensive!!!! will it fit the 95????
I think it looks like the ground effects on this car since the side skirt has the same part number

http://www.rksport.com/main/part_det...mdid=1&catid=4

If you think about the sonoco kit, it is much more expensive to buy and the installation cost will be tremendous, lots of body work around those rear quarter panels....
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
devildogcollier
semper fidelis
 
Drives: 95 z28 lt1 6-sp,73' nova 350
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: triangle virginia
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I think it looks like the ground effects on this car since the side skirt has the same part number

http://www.rksport.com/main/part_det...mdid=1&catid=4

If you think about the sonoco kit, it is much more expensive to buy and the installation cost will be tremendous, lots of body work around those rear quarter panels....
which is exactly why i dont want that sonoco kit....yeah it looks pretty but the rk sport (body ) looks better to me. i just dont know if it'll fit the 95??? and i would like to find a small cowl hood for my car also...anyone know what the stock rim/tire size is for the 95 lt1?????
devildogcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogcollier View Post
which is exactly why i dont want that sonoco kit....yeah it looks pretty but the rk sport (body ) looks better to me. i just dont know if it'll fit the 95??? and i would like to find a small cowl hood for my car also...anyone know what the stock rim/tire size is for the 95 lt1?????
If you are asking if the RK sport kit will fit a 95, Yes it will, the link I posted is for the 93-97 Camaros. they do not offer a cowl hood for that style camaro, but I never though the cowl hood looked right on a hood that slopes down like that. The SS hood looks much better in my opinion.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
devildogcollier
semper fidelis
 
Drives: 95 z28 lt1 6-sp,73' nova 350
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: triangle virginia
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
If you are asking if the RK sport kit will fit a 95, Yes it will, the link I posted is for the 93-97 Camaros. they do not offer a cowl hood for that style camaro, but I never though the cowl hood looked right on a hood that slopes down like that. The SS hood looks much better in my opinion.
i dont see where that link states that the rk sport kit will fit a 95.... its for the 98's.....????
devildogcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"F" Body........ Maven 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 46 10-16-2008 05:21 PM
body shop nightmare 2KZ28_For_Now Off-topic Discussions 15 10-10-2008 09:38 AM
F body or Z body? LS9CamaroSS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 42 04-07-2008 08:47 PM
zeta body sharing CamaroSpike23 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 4 04-03-2008 06:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.