Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #101
george
SS/RS Fan
 
george's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS & BMW M3/E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 119
I have not had any trouble since the work. It seems dry. so far...

Regards.

George
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #102
george
SS/RS Fan
 
george's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS & BMW M3/E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 119
I found oil on the garage again. Took the car to a local dealer and I looked under the engine. All seals looked dry but noticed oil coming from the hollow frame support below the engine. I'm hoping it was just the oil that was trapped in there after the pan was dropped. I'll keep everyone posted.

George
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #103
Hannibal
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 526
It's possible but not likely. Trapped oil in the frame tubing should have run out days after it was spilled in there, not a month later.

I hope you don't have to tear up your car again.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #104
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,069
I called Classic Chevy about mine. yesterday. Asked the service mgr if he had heard if it is common and he said he hadn't heard about it. He then went on to tell me how they serviced the most Chevy in all of TX...blah, blah, blah. I got the old "take the forums with a grain of salt" and "it's not a normal issue".

I'm not saying it's normal but I don't think it's uncommon. Anyway, he said it would probably be more than something I would want to wait on a Saturday morning. So, I'm waiting until after the July 4th holiday just in case they end up wanting to keep it and then make me wait during the holiday.

I'm extremely nervous about leaving my car at a dealership. I just really scared they will screw something else up. Plus I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't give me some grief about it having headers and a tune.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #105
Hannibal
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 526
All dealers tell you to ingore the forum. It's an ignorant thing to tell a customer.

I hope your oil leak adventure goes smoother than mine. I spent about 45 days sorting out the mess.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #106
hoffmk2003
The Hof
 
hoffmk2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamestown, RI
Posts: 835
I'm on 2 weeks right now, they replaced the oil pan gasket and it still leaked now the oil cooler. I'm picking it up today.........it better be right and not all screwed up.

Ken
__________________
#6 Bolt on Fast List...best ET 12.01@117 mph
http://www.streetfire.net/video/best...ro_2240734.htm
hoffmk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #107
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I called Classic Chevy about mine. yesterday. Asked the service mgr if he had heard if it is common and he said he hadn't heard about it. He then went on to tell me how they serviced the most Chevy in all of TX...blah, blah, blah. I got the old "take the forums with a grain of salt" and "it's not a normal issue".

I'm not saying it's normal but I don't think it's uncommon. Anyway, he said it would probably be more than something I would want to wait on a Saturday morning. So, I'm waiting until after the July 4th holiday just in case they end up wanting to keep it and then make me wait during the holiday.

I'm extremely nervous about leaving my car at a dealership. I just really scared they will screw something else up. Plus I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't give me some grief about it having headers and a tune.
I am sorry to hear about the concern you are experiencing. Please let us know how everything goes at the dealership. Also if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at any time!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #108
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I am sorry to hear about the concern you are experiencing. Please let us know how everything goes at the dealership. Also if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at any time!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Will do. I hope my fears are wrong but I've seen other threads where someone takes in their car for say an engine issue and it comes back with a scratch in the seat or on the steering wheel or something similar. Then it's your word against theirs.

Now I also see threads here where they are taking 2 weeks and then 45 days to fix the oil cooler. I just hope it doesn't become an issue.

In addition I always think about "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".


__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #109
hoffmk2003
The Hof
 
hoffmk2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamestown, RI
Posts: 835
Got mine back, other than a few scratches under the hood it looks and drives as good as new.
__________________
#6 Bolt on Fast List...best ET 12.01@117 mph
http://www.streetfire.net/video/best...ro_2240734.htm
hoffmk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #110
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmk2003 View Post
I'm on 2 weeks right now, they replaced the oil pan gasket and it still leaked now the oil cooler. I'm picking it up today.........it better be right and not all screwed up.

Ken
Please let us know if your dealership was able to address the concern you have been having. I know that unexpected repair costs can be frustrating. I am looking forward to your updates.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #111
hoffmk2003
The Hof
 
hoffmk2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamestown, RI
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know if your dealership was able to address the concern you have been having. I know that unexpected repair costs can be frustrating. I am looking forward to your updates.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Brandon,

So far so good, I won't know for sure it is fixed until I drive it for a while and then go ahead and get it in the air and see if the pan is wet. So far from what I Can tell from peeking under it all is well and it is dry as bone.

Ken
__________________
#6 Bolt on Fast List...best ET 12.01@117 mph
http://www.streetfire.net/video/best...ro_2240734.htm
hoffmk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #112
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream
 
carrs_crew's Avatar
 
Drives: sold
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Good Land
Posts: 404
Looks like I might get to join the club. While I was getting my suspension bushings, sways, brakes upgraded, the shop owner found the same issue. I could almost copy the picture already posted and submit it here. On to the dealer after the Labor day weekend to see what happens next. From the posts, I will confirm that they will use dye, and bring up that the oil cooler can make it seem other items are the culprit. Thanks for those that posted in here. One side question, I know every company has turn over but I saw 4 different Chevy service responders on this thread and they all were not aware of this. The owner of the shop new it was an issue with that area since he has seen it before even on his camaro. My car has 22,000 didn't notice oil leaking so maybe this was caught early? but doubt it.
I keep you posted....
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #113
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,335
mine leaked and was fixed under warranty
__________________

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 pending order
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #114
Ryanbabz71


 
Ryanbabz71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Avon, Indiana
Posts: 3,019
Don't feel bad it's happening to the silverados too. My 2010 with the 6.2 had an oil cooler leak last yr


Ryan
__________________
Ryan
* 2012 2SS Camaro Convertible Ashen Gray
Car Photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257256
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #115
Bobtorious
 
Bobtorious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2014 Sierra Denali
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southern 'Burbs, Minnesota
Posts: 73
Send a message via ICQ to Bobtorious
Add another one to the list.... calling dealer tomorrow.
Bobtorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #116
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrs_crew View Post
Looks like I might get to join the club. While I was getting my suspension bushings, sways, brakes upgraded, the shop owner found the same issue. I could almost copy the picture already posted and submit it here. On to the dealer after the Labor day weekend to see what happens next. From the posts, I will confirm that they will use dye, and bring up that the oil cooler can make it seem other items are the culprit. Thanks for those that posted in here. One side question, I know every company has turn over but I saw 4 different Chevy service responders on this thread and they all were not aware of this. The owner of the shop new it was an issue with that area since he has seen it before even on his camaro. My car has 22,000 didn't notice oil leaking so maybe this was caught early? but doubt it.
I keep you posted....
Please let us know how service goes after you set an appointment. We are here for your questions or comments.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #117
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream
 
carrs_crew's Avatar
 
Drives: sold
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Good Land
Posts: 404
My dealer is going to replace the oil pan gasket. I have faith that the dealer will fix it right, just concerned how many times I will need to take it in. I know they are following protocol and have had work done there before with no issues. My concern is the dropping of the suspension, since my recent replacement of aftermarket parts, and if the alignment will be different than what my part installer set it to for road course setup.
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #118
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrs_crew View Post
My dealer is going to replace the oil pan gasket. I have faith that the dealer will fix it right, just concerned how many times I will need to take it in. I know they are following protocol and have had work done there before with no issues. My concern is the dropping of the suspension, since my recent replacement of aftermarket parts, and if the alignment will be different than what my part installer set it to for road course setup.
Please let us know how everything goes during your service appointment and if the dealership was able to address your concern properly. We are here at your convenience!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #119
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream
 
carrs_crew's Avatar
 
Drives: sold
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Good Land
Posts: 404
I haven't even been able to get it on the track yet, I guess it is a good thing that this was noticed before a push the car a little. Even with all the problems these cars are experiencing, I wouldn't trade it for any other. I was stoked when it was revealed in 06 and excited when it hit production looking as much as the concept looked. Hopefully in 2 days I will get my car back and will update as the weeks go by. I have to say that I am pretty lucky being close to a customer friendly dealer, and Camaro Scotty!

Thanks Brandon,
I don't forsee an issue, even if the oil pan is not the fix. I know my dealer will work to get it right. Glad to have the 5 year 100,000 mile(5 years will come up first) warranty for issues like this. I will keep you posted as well. How many of service reps do you have patroling the site?

Last edited by carrs_crew; 09-05-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: note to brandon
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #120
Bobtorious
 
Bobtorious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2014 Sierra Denali
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southern 'Burbs, Minnesota
Posts: 73
Send a message via ICQ to Bobtorious
I have a faulty oil cooler. Dealer will be replacing.
Bobtorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #121
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Doh! I installed my catback system today and noticed that my oil cooler is also leaking where it screws on to the block.. Problem is my warranty just ran out. I am going to try and fix it myself. Or would the warranty still cover it? I only have 5,285 miles on my Camaro.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #122
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Doh! I installed my catback system today and noticed that my oil cooler is also leaking where it screws on to the block.. Problem is my warranty just ran out. I am going to try and fix it myself. Or would the warranty still cover it? I only have 5,285 miles on my Camaro.
You do realize your you have a 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty......

3/36k is for everything else.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #123
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
You do realize your you have a 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty......

3/36k is for everything else.
Oh awesome! Thanx, then I will take it in next week. Hopefully the Corsa catback exhaust I just installed doesn't void that warranty.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #124
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Oh awesome! Thanx, then I will take it in next week. Hopefully the Corsa catback exhaust I just installed doesn't void that warranty.
Has nothing to do with it. Dealer should fix the issue with no problem.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #125
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream
 
carrs_crew's Avatar
 
Drives: sold
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Good Land
Posts: 404
Dealer had it done less than 1 1/2 days, I will get her out soon and see if she leaks, and keep checking the cardboard from then on, as well as get her up and look at the undercarriage.
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Camaro Oil Change adub4185 Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 180 04-23-2014 07:11 PM
best synthetic oil to use hollywoodjose Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 130 01-26-2014 09:51 AM
GM's OLM & synthetic oils. duder4thgen Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 1 03-24-2010 12:37 PM
Aftermarket cooling The_Stache Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 6 01-11-2010 06:40 AM
Major U.S. oil source is tapped KILLER74Z28 Off-topic Discussions 32 10-30-2007 10:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.