Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #120
Bobtorious
 
Bobtorious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2014 Sierra Denali
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southern 'Burbs, Minnesota
Posts: 73
Send a message via ICQ to Bobtorious
I have a faulty oil cooler. Dealer will be replacing.
Bobtorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #121
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,971
Doh! I installed my catback system today and noticed that my oil cooler is also leaking where it screws on to the block.. Problem is my warranty just ran out. I am going to try and fix it myself. Or would the warranty still cover it? I only have 5,285 miles on my Camaro.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #122
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Doh! I installed my catback system today and noticed that my oil cooler is also leaking where it screws on to the block.. Problem is my warranty just ran out. I am going to try and fix it myself. Or would the warranty still cover it? I only have 5,285 miles on my Camaro.
You do realize your you have a 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty......

3/36k is for everything else.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #123
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
You do realize your you have a 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty......

3/36k is for everything else.
Oh awesome! Thanx, then I will take it in next week. Hopefully the Corsa catback exhaust I just installed doesn't void that warranty.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #124
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Oh awesome! Thanx, then I will take it in next week. Hopefully the Corsa catback exhaust I just installed doesn't void that warranty.
Has nothing to do with it. Dealer should fix the issue with no problem.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #125
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream
 
carrs_crew's Avatar
 
Drives: sold
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Good Land
Posts: 419
Dealer had it done less than 1 1/2 days, I will get her out soon and see if she leaks, and keep checking the cardboard from then on, as well as get her up and look at the undercarriage.
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #126
pixxy
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 18
I had a leaky oil pan gasket replaced two weeks ago...the also replaced the oil cooler gasket...so far it seems to have fixed the problem.
pixxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #127
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS
 
Caspers2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Somewhere north of a midlife crisis.
Posts: 2,867
Add another one to the list.... calling dealer tomorrow.

Had Casper at the oilers today and he notified me that I had a Pretty good OIL Leak Above the Filter somehwere................. Visually Confirmed. And it ain't Pretty or Good..........Yikes~
__________________
I'm not paranoid, they're following me !
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #128
Alvin@PCMofNC

 
Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mooresville
Posts: 363
If you guys can get it replaced under warranty asap. That part is pretty darn expensive from GM. I'd say about 3 out of 10 we see are leaking.
__________________

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #129
Motion427
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NB,Canada
Posts: 837
Mine was leaking oil just a bit at the same area.
Mine is still under warranty,but I changed it myself
Changed the oil pan gasket. So far so good.
Haven't touch the oil cooler, yet........
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #130
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream
 
carrs_crew's Avatar
 
Drives: sold
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Good Land
Posts: 419
no leaks so far, was under there last weekend to replace exhaust manifolds.
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #131
coreyk
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Inferno Orange
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlesex, New Jersey
Posts: 56
Mine is leaking too. Now the engine clicks. Dealer said it's bad bearing in the motor, not telling me what bearing and is waiting for chevy to tell them they can warranty it. Apparently exhaust cutouts may, or may not, cause your engine to leak oil. DUMB .... Anyway, they've had it for almost 2 weeks now and they haven't even started to look at it because they are waiting for chevy.


Oh, and they are telling me that they won't look at the clutch pedal that's been dropping halfway because they need to know that's warrantied because of the exhaust too.....



I'll make sure I mention everyone's oil leaking issues.
__________________
coreyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #132
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
Mine was leaking oil just a bit at the same area.
Mine is still under warranty,but I changed it myself
Changed the oil pan gasket. So far so good.
Haven't touch the oil cooler, yet........
How much was the gasket and was it a hard replace?

I forgot to look at mine the last time I had it in the air but if it's still leaking I sure hate to leave it at the dealer.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #133
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2015 c7
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyk View Post
Mine is leaking too. Now the engine clicks. Dealer said it's bad bearing in the motor, not telling me what bearing and is waiting for chevy to tell them they can warranty it. Apparently exhaust cutouts may, or may not, cause your engine to leak oil. DUMB .... Anyway, they've had it for almost 2 weeks now and they haven't even started to look at it because they are waiting for chevy.


Oh, and they are telling me that they won't look at the clutch pedal that's been dropping halfway because they need to know that's warrantied because of the exhaust too.....



I'll make sure I mention everyone's oil leaking issues.
the same dealership that installed my cutouts also fixed my leak! i am also cammed, headers, cat back etc.....
__________________
2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
2015 C7 Z51
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #134
FloppyJackson
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 108
Heading in for mine tomorrow. I think both the cooler and pan are leaking.
FloppyJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #135
coreyk
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Inferno Orange
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlesex, New Jersey
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
the same dealership that installed my cutouts also fixed my leak! i am also cammed, headers, cat back etc.....
So they installed cutouts in your car, after they warrantied a leak?

Could you possibly provide me with the name of that dealer?

My dealer just called me telling me they don't want to warranty it, they refuse to show me paper work saying why my cutouts caused the problem, and are demanding their loaner car back. Called chevy immediately, let's see what they have to say about the clutch pedal and the fact that their dealership is saying it's not leaking oil, when there is clearly oil all underneath the car.
__________________
coreyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #136
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2015 c7
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyk View Post
So they installed cutouts in your car, after they warrantied a leak?

Could you possibly provide me with the name of that dealer?

My dealer just called me telling me they don't want to warranty it, they refuse to show me paper work saying why my cutouts caused the problem, and are demanding their loaner car back. Called chevy immediately, let's see what they have to say about the clutch pedal and the fact that their dealership is saying it's not leaking oil, when there is clearly oil all underneath the car.
I went to my dealership to install some cutouts, they are supplier of QTP cutouts believe it or not lol.

A week later i had my car at my local performance shop just to do a few things. i told them to check over the car for any problems, they found the oil cooler has been leaking and said it should be warranted no problem by my dealership. because its a known problem.

i told my dealership i found a leak, and they told me to bring it in. On the phone i even mentioned i was just in getting cutouts installed last week so they would remember my car. the dealership was Rodgers chevy in MI.
__________________
2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
2015 C7 Z51
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Camaro Oil Change adub4185 Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 180 04-23-2014 07:11 PM
best synthetic oil to use hollywoodjose Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 130 01-26-2014 09:51 AM
GM's OLM & synthetic oils. duder4thgen Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 1 03-24-2010 12:37 PM
Aftermarket cooling The_Stache Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 6 01-11-2010 06:40 AM
Major U.S. oil source is tapped KILLER74Z28 Off-topic Discussions 32 10-30-2007 10:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.