Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #26
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by besherman View Post
Can anyone tell me how the Pedders set up compares to the ones on the SLP Camaro, the Lingenfelter Camaro and the Callaway Camaro? I'm more interested in the differences one would notice in actual street driving along twisty mountain roads than differences on the track.


Thanks,
Bruce
Bruce,

You are asking a very biased person to answer this question. My answer would be that only the Pedders setup is a GMPP part. I would like to think that GMPP is impressed by our quality of part, quality of ride and level of performance. When GM decided to build a body in white circle track race car with Circle Track magazine they selected Pedders as the suspension of choice.

What differences would you find -- ride quality and control would be superior IMO. If we look at track numbers, they speak for themselves.

At some point the discussion has to end and the performance must be proven on track. Here are the results from the Motor State Pro Touring Challenge. This list includes the Suspension Manufacturer's Pro Touring Cars built to demonstrate how well their suspension parts perform.



The Pedders lap time if from last October. We ran at Gingerman jut a few weeks ago in weather and track conditions similar to the Pro Touring Challenge. We are faster now than we were then. we run 100% OEM transmission, driveline, differential, half-shafts and suspension arms. We do NOT run a single chassis brace on the Camaro. Not one.

Pedders Camaro runs RACE CAR SPEEDS on STREET TIRES. We don't compare our Camaro to street cars. We compare our 5th Gen Pedderised Camaro to RACE CARS.

http://forums.peddersusa.com/imageho...5c61975f6c.jpg

For the record, Pedders used FOUR chassis braces on the Mustang, because that is what the Mustang requires. The Camaro does NOT require a single brace to perform like a race car under the mot demanding conditions.

__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #27
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie
 
Synergy SATX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 856
I will buy some Pedders products if someone can answer this question:

What kind of bear is best?


Also do Pedders SS brake lines work on V6s? I ask here since this question went unanswered over on the stop faster thread. These will be my firstest Pedders products if they do.
__________________
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #28
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
I will buy some Pedders products if someone can answer this question:

What kind of bear is best?


Also do Pedders SS brake lines work on V6s? I ask here since this question went unanswered over on the stop faster thread. These will be my firstest Pedders products if they do.
I am afraid the Pedders lines were developed for the SS and are not for use on the V6. As to which kind of bear is best there can be only once correct answer ...

__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #29
Berean


 
Drives: Truck
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
I will buy some Pedders products if someone can answer this question:

What kind of bear is best?

The black bear.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #30
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie
 
Synergy SATX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
The black bear.

FACT.

Bears eat BEETS.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Also BOO. No BREAK for my BRAKELINE.

Lastly.

__________________
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #31
Berean


 
Drives: Truck
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
FACT.

Bears eat BEETS.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Also BOO. No BREAK for my BRAKELINE.

Lastly.

Oh that's funny. Michael!
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #32
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
FACT.

They were playing the Lovie Bears in that photo. They are still my Bears but they will never be the BEARS under Lovie. He is a good christian man, but not the right man for the job IMO. We need a less loveble guy in charge to be the BEARS again.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:14 AM   #33
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie
 
Synergy SATX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
They were playing the Lovie Bears in that photo. They are still my Bears but they will never be the BEARS under Lovie. He is a good christian man, but not the right man for the job IMO. We need a less loveble guy in charge to be the BEARS again.
If you ever get bored YouTube reaction to Brett Favre pick in NFC championship. What's worse than having no V6 SS brakelines? Knowing your destiny and still in shock when it comes true. Oh well will add that brakeline loot to my coilover savings fund
__________________
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #34
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
If you ever get bored YouTube reaction to Brett Favre pick in NFC championship. What's worse than having no V6 SS brakelines? Knowing your destiny and still in shock when it comes true. Oh well will add that brakeline loot to my coilover savings fund
Fair enough. I'll look into the six lines.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #35
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie
 
Synergy SATX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Fair enough. I'll look into the six lines.
Make some and you will have a captive audience. See our Harris Hill event, note the large number ov V6s and the FACT that better lines = better braking. Along with coilovers. Bracers. Bushings. Man it never ends

Aw heck just cause your looking into it I will show everyone what it is like to be a Vikings fan.

__________________
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #36
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
Make some and you will have a captive audience. See our Harris Hill event, note the large number ov V6s and the FACT that better lines = better braking. Along with coilovers. Bracers. Bushings. Man it never ends

Aw heck just cause your looking into it I will show everyone what it is like to be a Vikings fan.

It could be worse. You team could be coached by Lovie
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #37
Avalnch

 
Avalnch's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 847
Let's get back to coilover facts. In response to another thread about "Camaro Coilover Comparison Facts", I would like hear the facts regarding two different coilovers with respect to camber adjustment.

How much negative camber can you get with the Pfadt coil overs if the Camaro was lowered either 1" or 1.5" without the camber plates? I doubt I will ever need more than -2 degree of camber up front(?).

How much negative camber can you get with the Pedders coil overs with the 10mm slotted clevis? Is there any downside to such a drastic change to the steering geometry?
__________________
C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook
Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter
Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms & differential bushings.
BMR adjustable toe-rods. Pedders ZL1 barz, rear cradle inserts, radius arm & steering rack bushings.
Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace (minus tunnel cross-over piece for SCCA rules)
1LE 3.91 gearzzz. Drive Shaft Shop Road Race Axle Upgrade. TurnOne power steering pump.
Forgeline GA3-R 19x11 + Hoosier R6 315/30R19
426 HP @ 5550 RPM / 427 TQ @ 4700 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #38
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Let's get back to coilover facts. In response to another thread about "Camaro Coilover Comparison Facts", I would like hear the facts regarding two different coilovers with respect to camber adjustment.

How much negative camber can you get with the Pfadt coil overs if the Camaro was lowered either 1" or 1.5" without the camber plates? I doubt I will ever need more than -2 degree of camber up front(?).

How much negative camber can you get with the Pedders coil overs with the 10mm slotted clevis? Is there any downside to such a drastic change to the steering geometry?
-1.5 is available on the OE struts front and by eccentric in the rear in bone stock configuration. I have my front cambers set to -2.3 with my Pedders coilovers.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Megan Racing Street Coilover Kits | NOW AVAILABLE| LOWEST PRICE! | FREE S&H!! AJ@ECSMotorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 35 11-13-2010 03:51 PM
KW Suspension V1/V3 Coilover Kits Now Available | FREE S&H!!! AJ@ECSMotorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 69 11-13-2010 03:50 PM
BC Racing Coilovers ~ Affordable Performance Coilover Systems! Best Prices !!! Circuit Motorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 102 05-24-2010 07:29 PM
KW V1/V3 Coilover Kits !!!! SupremacyCustoms Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 38 04-28-2010 10:37 AM
Camaro [Not-So] Facts The_Blur 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 215 09-02-2009 12:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.