Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
What do you think my car is worth?

Hey guys just wondering what you guys think my camaro is worth. Been thinking about trading it in / selling it. But its tough to part with. Looking at getting a GT-R or waiting hopefully for the Audi RS5 to come state side. Not enough garage space for everything.

Anybody been trading in their 2010's and would be willing to share what they got for it, just trying to see what I can get for comparison.

2SSRS, 6 Speed Manual

Mods:

- DT Shorties
- Solo High Flows
- Corsa Cat-Back
- 5% Window Tint
- GM GFX Kit, Painted.
- VIS Terminator Hood that I have yet to get painted/put on.
- 22" 360 Forged Spec 5's with Custom Center Caps.

Couple Pics:





Before Tints:

VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 25,673
i would like to see pics of the hood.. if possible.
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS
 
Caspers2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Somewhere north of a midlife crisis.
Posts: 2,872
Too many varibles for guessing. Milage, accident history, ie? Is the warranty voided ? The add on's, absolutely nothing if you're calculating trade in offers at a stealership. You might do better with a private sale.................
__________________
I'm not paranoid, they're following me !
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Too many varibles for guessing. Milage, accident history, ie? Is the warranty voided ? The add on's, absolutely nothing if you're calculating trade in offers at a stealership. You might do better with a private sale.................
I thought so...only 12,500 miles. Warranty is still good, has the extended GM MajorGuard 7 years, 72,000.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
i would like to see pics of the hood.. if possible.
Hood is in storage, winter project. I'll try and snap some photos when I get around to putting it on.

looks like this

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/decivs/DS****55.jpg[/IMG]
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS
 
Caspers2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Somewhere north of a midlife crisis.
Posts: 2,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
I thought so...only 12,500 miles. Warranty is still good, has the extended GM MajorGuard 7 years, 72,000.
Take a stab at a fair private sale offer add together.......75% of window sticker & 50% of the costs of the add on parts, excludes labor................Dealer Trade in 65-70% of window sticker.
__________________
I'm not paranoid, they're following me !
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,414
$27-$30k
__________________
2010 2LT/RS, 2001 Z/28, 2014 Impala 2LT
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Take a stab at a fair private sale offer add together.......75% of window sticker & 50% of the costs of the add on parts, excludes labor................Dealer Trade in 65-70% of window sticker.
Seems fair, thanks for the advice.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
battlekat
 
battlekat's Avatar
 
Drives: the red dragon
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: bay area
Posts: 169
$1, bob. but seriously, you should maybe take off the headers and cats and just sell those on here on the forum or on craigslist. aftermarket bolt-ons aren't worth anything to dealers and they may even try to offer you less for your car. that goes double for the parts i mentioned since they aren't factory emissions equipment.
__________________
battlekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
Allan Hernandez
 
Allan Hernandez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 557
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
I love those rims..message me if you're willing to sell them
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
Parag

 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,335
dont expect to get any money back out for mods, you never will at a dealer
Parag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 25,673
yah you are probably better off trying to sell the mods privately. I might want that hood
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #13
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlekat View Post
$1, bob. but seriously, you should maybe take off the headers and cats and just sell those on here on the forum or on craigslist. aftermarket bolt-ons aren't worth anything to dealers and they may even try to offer you less for your car. that goes double for the parts i mentioned since they aren't factory emissions equipment.
Yeah kept all the stock stuff, I guess I was just trying to see what people were getting on their trade-ins, almost not worth the hassle to remove them if i'll loose ~%50. Plus no guarentee they'd sell separately.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Hernandez View Post
I love those rims..message me if you're willing to sell them
Thanks They are probably in my opinion the best part about the car.

Close up of the center caps for ya:

VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
battlekat
 
battlekat's Avatar
 
Drives: the red dragon
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: bay area
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Yeah kept all the stock stuff, I guess I was just trying to see what people were getting on their trade-ins, almost not worth the hassle to remove them if i'll loose ~%50. Plus no guarentee they'd sell separately.
well like i said, whatever dealer you try to sell it to will probably give you grief because you altered the factory emissions system. so you may end up having to swap out the parts anyway. i know that's happened before with some other members on the forum that traded in their cars. if they DON'T require you to remove them from the car they might try to lowball you because of it so you'd actually be losing even more money than if you took them out and sold them. if YOU bought those parts, im sure someone here would be willing to buy them from you for a decent price.
__________________
battlekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Sell the mods if you have oem items. You will get 50 cents on the dollar vs. keeping them on the car you will get around 20 cents on the dollar and really limit the market for the car
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #17
wullger

 
wullger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 1,548
+1 to the 'nice wheels' comments!
__________________
2SS/RS IBM A6, White Rallies
1100: 4/30/09 2000: 6/30/09 3000: 6/30/09
3300: 7/15/09 TPW of 7/27! 3400: 7/22/09
3800: 7/28/09 #30334!! 4B00: 7/30/09
4200: 8/5/09
6000: DELIVERED! 8/18/09


wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #18
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlekat View Post
well like i said, whatever dealer you try to sell it to will probably give you grief because you altered the factory emissions system. so you may end up having to swap out the parts anyway. i know that's happened before with some other members on the forum that traded in their cars. if they DON'T require you to remove them from the car they might try to lowball you because of it so you'd actually be losing even more money than if you took them out and sold them. if YOU bought those parts, im sure someone here would be willing to buy them from you for a decent price.
Appreciate your advice. Thanks again.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #19
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
+1 to the 'nice wheels' comments!
Thanks
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #20
battlekat
 
battlekat's Avatar
 
Drives: the red dragon
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: bay area
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Appreciate your advice. Thanks again.
no problem. forgot to mention the car looks great. love the center caps.
__________________
battlekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #21
Allan Hernandez
 
Allan Hernandez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 557
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Thanks They are probably in my opinion the best part about the car.

Close up of the center caps for ya:

no problem real nice looking car!!
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
popping in front end when I hit a bump soonerfanru2 Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 674 07-07-2014 08:12 AM
Onstar....a spy???? please comment dieseldave24v General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 138 02-23-2012 01:12 PM
Winner, winner - Jalopnik compares the Big 3 Number 3 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 04-17-2011 03:24 PM
Tired of Waiting - Pics of My New Hyundai Genesis Coupe camaropete 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 08-26-2009 09:31 PM
09 Mustang GT and 09 Challenger R/T test drives CamaroSpike23 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 19 04-10-2009 04:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.