Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #76
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
You know, what is this nonsense about B Pillars needed for safety coupes?! No convertible will have them, so what a lame excuse to have them...
Agreed. Nothing would look better than a true "hardtop- (sans the B pillar). Since the new convertable unibody has been totally reinforcded, I asked Scott (fbodfather) about this and he said it was not going to happen. The biggest difference between the first Camaro concept show cars and the production cars is the B pillar. A true 2 door hardtop would be fantastic. I don't want the convertable but I would trade my Camaro in for a new one if they kept true to the original concept Camaro.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #77
Dylan

Drives: Pontiac
Nice "first post" "EastCoastHD."
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #78
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
the convertibles are fuggggllllyyyyyyy

HARDTOP FTW
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #79
Jake
Go Speed Racer!!!

Drives: Camaro Concept Convertible
I completely agree!!!

The 69 hardtop and convertibles were true "Open-Air Coupes" with a C-Pillar and as a result both have superb side and rear view visibility.

"Open-Air Coupe" meaning that if you have all four side windows down, and the sunroof open, in many ways it feels like you are in a convertible.

The B Pillars on the current hardtop almost completely destroy the huge side and rear view advantage you get with a C-Pillar. The supreme irony is that Chevy tries so make the "B-Pillar" look aesthetically like a "C-Pillar" by camouflaging the "B-Pillar."

This of course means the upcoming convertible will be much more similar to the "Original" in looks and feel...

Quote:
You know, what is this nonsense about B Pillars needed for safety coupes?! No convertible will have them, so what a lame excuse to have them...

Designer for BulletTrain at www.BulletTrain.com and Editor & Publisher of Jake's Rolex World Magazine located at www.RolexMagazine.com

Last edited by Jake; 08-27-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #80
Dan@showstopper
Showstopper Accessories

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I like it. GM will sell a ton of these.

2010 Camaro5 Fest Pfadt car show winner, 2010 Central IL. Camaro Meet "Best Underhood"
www.showstopperaccessories.com
Be a fan of Showstopper Accessories on Facebook!
E-mail me for a catalog dan@showstopperaccessories.com
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #81
CamaroBeau

Drives: Mitsubishi Pajero
Send a message via MSN to CamaroBeau Send a message via Skype™ to CamaroBeau
Those were awesome pics!!!!
CamaroBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #82
Drakedragon1315
Z28 lover!!!

Drives: 1981 Camaro, white. Z clone someday
I agree 100%, hard top would be awesome!
Drakedragon1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #83
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
i wish there were t tops
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:30 AM   #84
nWo4Life

Drives: 2010 2LT RS, silver w/ black stripe
good pics. honestly not a huge fan of the look of those.... just not vibing it. if they were hard top though, that might be a diff story.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #85
camaro 1LT dude

Drives: cyber grey metallic v6 1LT
great shots thanks they look cooler than the mustang v6
camaro 1LT dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #86
Mick

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 VR Convertible
Quote:
Give me a break, 95% of the time I drive my 'Vert. the top is down anyways -- looks AWESOME top down! Top up is mostly for rain or crappy weather...
Exactly!!! I have a Miata that only comes out for top down driving. If its raining or cold I take my truck. Can't wait to place my order for the Camaro ragtop!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #87
Ramonesfiend

Drives: Volvo V70 2.4T
My dad and I have had many conversations on how companies that produce a coupe and convertible should just ONLY make a hardtop convertible. He specifically aims it to the new Camaro, Mustang, and BMW 1 and 3 series. He always brings up, yeah it'd be a bit more expensive but it'd give everyone exactly what they wanted, either a coupe or a convertible. He specifically sights Volvo doing the right thing with the c70 just giving one option and now it's cheaper then the old c70 convertibles and only marginally more expensive then the old c70 coupe. I just felt like throwing that out since I see a lot of people saying it'd be better as a hardtop instead of a ragtop.
Ramonesfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #88
bkwagonss

Drives: 2011 Caprice PPV
I wonder how long ago these pictures were taken.
The cars might have been heading for the deciples meeting that just took place.

I have a red car with the beige interior. I like it a lot and the tan convertible top would have been my choice if I had been able to get a convertible back when I got my coupe.
I also like the look of the white car with the tan top, which I also would have gotten with the beige interior.

I hope the convertibles sell well, it looks like not too many like them.
I would love to be able to trade my coupe in on the new convertible, but I'd probable take a big loss on the trade-in and the convertible would be at least $5000 more than the coupe.
1971 C10 (restoring, including LT1 from Caprice)
bkwagonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #89
RafCon

Drives: 2004 YZF-R1
I like them and these pictures are great! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait! I know one thing, there won't be many "blindspots" with the top down!
RafCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #90
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
The Rag-top Camaros will disappear from the dealerships just as fast as they arrive. Most people don't buy them because they are Camaro enthusiasts. a 2011 Camaro convertible is more of a status symbol. or like an accessory. hey look at me i have a convertible camaro! non-enthusiasts just see it as another toy.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #91
stand-al0ne
Phase 2 Complete!

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro/ 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Black vert w/ black top should look ok with top up. It'll be the least offensive vert color combo

That said, these will look hot with the top down. (well, should)

They would not be enough for me to gravitate away from my coupe. But then again I feel they are targeting another customer with these verts.

I said vert alot in my short post. Vert!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #92
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by epstein View Post
Prolly Look Tits to the Nines ...with top down......

Definitely looks like Ass with top up.....

........lest we forget:

>first shot of white Camaro in garage in Australia -- people threw up and the world was coming to an end.

>First shots of SS front fascia -- people wanted to pillage............

>First shots of cars with B-pillar..........let's behead the Camaro Team..............

...........perhaps it's appropriate to see the cars in person first --

(...just sayin' .....)

.................AND -- you might want to ask the Disciples what they thought of the convertible - top up and top down....from an appearance standpoint.

One last thing: Those are not 'production' roofs - there have been changes as the Team wants the tops to look 'perfect' - -

None of those cars are CTF units - they're much earlier units. (......and yes, they'll meet a rather 'unfortunate' end...)
Old 08-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #93
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:

MCE-- Mid Cycle Enhancement -

Actually, it isn't nonsense.

Please keep in mind that the Camaro Team feels just as passionately - if not more so - -than the people on this site. If we were able to remove the B pillar on the coupe (reasonable price ) we would have - BUT:

>In order to do so, you would have to do some serious reinforcement - that not only adds weight - but some serious cost as well.........we wanted the new Camaro to be affordable - and I think we accomplished that.

>Weight seems to be an issue for a lot of people. It certainly is for the team as weight is an enemy of fuel economy -- and we all know that the U.S. Government has legislated some pretty stiff numbers that we have to hit......

I don't think anyone would disagree that a car without the B-pillar is more desirable - however, it's not in the cards --

Some have mentioned on this thread their desire to see a 'hardtop' -- and there are some issues that prevent that as well - -one being weight - the other: Where do you 'stash' all of that metal from the roof?

I think you're going to be most pleasantly surprised when you see the finished product - and blown away when you drive one.

Oh ye of little faith! - Please trust me.......
Old 08-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #94
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro 1LT dude View Post
great shots thanks they look cooler than the mustang v6
ok i have to agree with that ...... but still
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #95
TiffBiff
SLVRMST

Drives: '11 2SS/RS SIM vert '11 Tahoe LTZ
WOOOHOOOo can't wait . Fingers crossed that a white top & interior is an option so I can do my Lemans blue custom paint with white stripes, top & interior without spending a fortune making it that way.
01/15/11 - 3100 & 3300
01/18/11 - 3400 TPW: 1/24/11
01/27/11 - 3800, 4000, 4104 & 4B00 - VIN#55960
02/28/11 - 4B00
03/10/11 - Decided to take dealer stock - VIN#65770
03/14/11 - Brought her home
05/03/11 - Original order delivered finally
TiffBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #96
Jake
Go Speed Racer!!!

Hi fbodfather,

I have been a designer for more than a quarter-century. My design philosophy has always beed to design things that are timeless. Timeless design, by definition, being when something appears to be from the past and the future–simultaneously.

When I was 15 I fell in love with the 1969 Camaro, and when I was 16 I drove one, and was extremely unimpressed with the way it handled. I originally wanted to be an automotive engineer, but decided not to do so because American automotive design in the mid 1980s was at its absolute worst. I am talking about the era of garbage like the Chrysler Reliant K, and the Cadillac Cimarron.

As an American, it was always such a disappointment that I never wanted to own an American car since they were so poorly designed and made out of cardboard.

When I first saw the new Chevy Camaro Concept Convertible, I almost fell out of my chair!!!!

I was literally stunned with how great it looked. I really want a convertible, so I thought I would reserve all final judgement until I could drive one, but last year, I test-drove a new Camaro hardtop, and once again, my jaw dropped to the floor.

I could not believe how well it handled, and how fun it was to drive!!!!! I drove the SS and I thought the 0-60 acceleration in 4.5 was perfect.

I carefully read your great response which I am responding to, even though it was not directed to me.

I completely understand what you are saying and in many ways it makes perfect sense.

The one thing I believe Chevy is overlooking or not aware of, is the fact that this new Camaro in many ways represents the re-birth of great and meaningful American automotive design.

In my opinion, the new Camaro is the absolute coolest car you can buy today. When I say coolest, I mean if you told me you would give me a new Mercedes SL, Porsche 911 Convertible, or even a Ferrari 458 Italia for free, but I had to drive it and I could not drive the Camaro, I would pass.

The Camaro blows everything away in value, in design and in may other ways. The challenge is that there are many details that have been overlooked which if addressed would take the Camaro to the top of the top.

To be specific, there are many details in the Camaro that are ridiculous, like the tiny sunvisors, or the lack of climate control, or even the fact there is no navigation system. C''mon this is 2010!!!! Also, the goofy retro handbrake should be replaced by a floor pedal brake.

The objective of great retro design should not be to make something that looks like it is from the past, it should be to go back to a great design and evolve it forward as it could and should have been.

Mercedes Benz makes open air coupes that are magnificently engineered and I don't see why Chevy can't? I know, you are going to say the Mercedes cost twice as much, and you want to hit the mass market. That being said, I believe Chevy could figure out a way to remove the B-Pillar without adding too much weight. I also believe that consumers would be willing to pay a higher premium for design improvements like a C-Pillar in the hardtop.

You asked with respect to creating a hardtop convertible "Where is all that metal going to go?" The same place that it goes on a Mercedes or BMW convertible–in the trunk.

All I am saying is now that Chevy has completed the first generation of the new Camaro, it should go upscale in design and features. The new Camaro should be considered an innovative tour de force Flagship product for Chevy, not an "affordable" car. In other words, I think General Motors should seek to be more similar to Apple than Dell.

I believe consumers are willing to pay for innovative design and high-quality design. I also think that if Chevy goes slightly upscale with the Camaro they will not lose very much of the lower-price-point market, but will gain a tremendous amount of new market-share against companies like BMW, Mercedes and Porsche.

Warmest regards,

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
MCE-- Mid Cycle Enhancement -

Actually, it isn't nonsense.

Please keep in mind that the Camaro Team feels just as passionately - if not more so - -than the people on this site. If we were able to remove the B pillar on the coupe (reasonable price ) we would have - BUT:

>In order to do so, you would have to do some serious reinforcement - that not only adds weight - but some serious cost as well.........we wanted the new Camaro to be affordable - and I think we accomplished that.

>Weight seems to be an issue for a lot of people. It certainly is for the team as weight is an enemy of fuel economy -- and we all know that the U.S. Government has legislated some pretty stiff numbers that we have to hit......

I don't think anyone would disagree that a car without the B-pillar is more desirable - however, it's not in the cards --

Some have mentioned on this thread their desire to see a 'hardtop' -- and there are some issues that prevent that as well - -one being weight - the other: Where do you 'stash' all of that metal from the roof?

I think you're going to be most pleasantly surprised when you see the finished product - and blown away when you drive one.

Oh ye of little faith! - Please trust me.......

Designer for BulletTrain at www.BulletTrain.com and Editor & Publisher of Jake's Rolex World Magazine located at www.RolexMagazine.com

Last edited by Jake; 08-27-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #97
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Send a message via AIM to Dboy23 Send a message via Yahoo to Dboy23
Is that last car a new Malibu?
- 160* Thermostat
- Borla Catback Exhaust
- L92 Heads/Custom Cam
- Smaller Pulley/Tune (Not Installed Yet)
- American Racing Headers w/ High Flow Cats
Dboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #98
Jake
Go Speed Racer!!!

Pretty sure it is a Lexus ES 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboy23 View Post
Is that last car a new Malibu?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #99
dgformula2k
lurker

Drives: 2000 Firebird Formula
I don't understand why some are so disappointed by the vert's looks. To me it looks exactly how I would have pictured a 5th gen with a convertible roof. Most verts don't look as good as their coupe counterparts and always look better with the top dropped (Solstice anyone?). I don't see a big deal. Personally, I think t-tops would look like ass on a 5th gen.
dgformula2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:49 AM   #100
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
Where was this pic taken?
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote