Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
Lnch Mny
 
Lnch Mny's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decatur, IL
Posts: 99
Question We have a SS, and the old lady said NO!

So we have a 2SS and the old lady said no to a Z28! But I can't blame her it did come on her birthday which is weird. I ordered that bad boy in June. Can you blame her? It is special I guess. I do love the car but like all of us I want more! hahaha Thank god we are both mechanically inclined... I guess the big question is Lingenfelter or do it ourselves? Super vs. Turbo? I am betting that we should do it ourselves. A bonding experience, if you know what I mean. What are you're thought oh forum of great?
Lnch Mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
Revo1
Camaronogamous
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,783
Lingenfelter = ugly + overpriced...

...and did I mention ugly?
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
tradosaurus
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,288
So when do you start taking orders from your old lady?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnch Mny View Post
So we have a 2SS and the old lady said no to a Z28! But I can't blame her it did come on her birthday which is weird. I ordered that bad boy in June. Can you blame her? It is special I guess. I do love the car but like all of us I want more! hahaha Thank god we are both mechanically inclined... I guess the big question is Lingenfelter or do it ourselves? Super vs. Turbo? I am betting that we should do it ourselves. A bonding experience, if you know what I mean. What are you're thought oh forum of great?
Honestly, I would let Ligenfelter put in an Edelbrock S/C with 600HP and warranty. But then, I told my wife a year ago that I was buying a Z/28 the first day they go on sale and my deposit is already with a dealer. Afterall, I let her buy whatever vacuum cleaner she wants!
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
oldfriend


 
oldfriend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32*38' 49N. 16*55'42W
Posts: 6,727
Thumbs up 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Honestly, I would let Ligenfelter put in an Edelbrock S/C with 600HP and warranty. But then, I told my wife a year ago that I was buying a Z/28 the first day they go on sale and my deposit is already with a dealer. Afterall, I let her buy whatever vacuum cleaner she wants!
SHOULD we read [you buy the cars and she drives it , and she buys the vacuum cleaners and you ride them] ? just would like to know !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
mikel441


 
mikel441's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 2,304
Seperate your bank accounts and do whatever the hell you want! Works great for my wife and I.
__________________
mikel441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
SHOULD we read [you buy the cars and she drives it , and she buys the vacuum cleaners and you ride them] ? just would like to know !
I usually drive the car but I driven the vacuum clearer from time to time
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
Entaille

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Everett
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
Seperate your bank accounts and do whatever the hell you want! Works great for my wife and I.
word to big bird on that one.
Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #9
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,989
Twin Turbo
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
better to just do and ask for forgiveness later...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
CaniacFan


 
CaniacFan's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS CGM #75,288
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 3,957
I"m disappointed that I've not read a comment that it's time for a new ole lady yet..

I'd love a Z28, probably going to be out of my price range though. Love my 2SS/RS though, so not complaints.

Good luck on whatever you do.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.